These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

When Will Anchorable Bubbles Finally Generate Killmails?

Author
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#1 - 2016-01-14 00:47:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Thor Kerrigan
Reading the patch notes... swag Cool

Something about faction anchorable bubbles... sweg Pirate

Must mean "added the final remaining anchorable structures to killmail generation" is finally coming up... swog Twisted

Finish reading, no mention about any sort of anchorable bubble killmails... lolwut? Shocked

C'mon CCP, this was the best freakin' time to do this - can we just get this hotfixed ASAP plz Blink
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#2 - 2016-01-14 03:53:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Eli Apol
Something something want people actually playing the game not placing a load of deployable items and fapping over isk values of kills and content they had little to do with something something.

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#3 - 2016-01-14 04:34:03 UTC
Like you, I cannot wait... At least it is on the list.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6103516#post6103516

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#4 - 2016-01-14 04:50:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rawketsled
Are you saying I can green up my killboard by anchoring bubbles everywhichplace and not actually participate in any actual combat whatsoever?

[EDIT] BRB. Buying up all the Interceptors and Nullification Subs because this is a huge stealth buff to both.
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#5 - 2016-01-14 04:53:46 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
Are you saying I can green up my killboard by anchoring bubbles everywhichplace and not actually participate in any actual combat whatsoever?

[EDIT] BRB. Buying up all the Interceptors and Nullification Subs because this is a huge stealth buff to both.

Hell yeah bro, you can get started with MTUs while this gets fixed Lol
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-01-14 08:58:34 UTC
can you imagine an interdictor pilots killboard during a 1500 man fight, sheesh -1

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-01-14 13:09:30 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
can you imagine an interdictor pilots killboard during a 1500 man fight, sheesh -1

Why do you care about your killboard? Why don't you just care about if you did your assigned/chosen job in that fight instead?
Luscius Uta
#8 - 2016-01-14 13:18:20 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:

People already green up their killboards by launching shuttles from a bowhead and then smartbombing them with an alt. Even though I think they should get a life, their playstyle doesn't really affect or bother me.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2016-01-14 13:27:21 UTC
*Warning: controversial opinion ahead*

I still believe they should get rid of anchorable bubbles completely, not add to them. You want to shut off a gate, camp it.

And yes, I would totally support this in conjunction with the removal of nullification.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#10 - 2016-01-14 13:31:37 UTC
Hey, that actually makes sense, why do they not generate killmails when other deployables do?

One rule for all of them, either they do or they don't, but at least make it uniform.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-01-14 13:39:04 UTC
Probably because the current stuff is "new" and the bubbles are "old" is my guess.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-01-14 13:40:18 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hey, that actually makes sense, why do they not generate killmails when other deployables do?

One rule for all of them, either they do or they don't, but at least make it uniform.

Probably went like that :

Dev 1 : Well we're done now. All the tower deployable entity now generate KM as the players asked us.
Dev 2 : It kind of make sense to have done so since some deployable generated loot drops anyway.
Dev 1 : Yeah I guess. Anything else to enable on the KM system while we have our hands in that bowl of spaghetti code?
Dev 2 : Well there are bubbles that can be deployed.
Dev 1 : Yeah but they don't generate loot and people are leaving them in space for rather long period of time without caring about losing them. They just check their wall or hell bubble on gate once in a while and fix whatever holes were created.
Dev 2 : Yeah I guess you are right.

* time passes*

Dev 1 : I guess we were wrong...
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#13 - 2016-01-14 13:47:34 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Probably went like that :

Dev 1 : Well we're done now. All the tower deployable entity now generate KM as the players asked us.
Dev 2 : It kind of make sense to have done so since some deployable generated loot drops anyway.
Dev 1 : Yeah I guess. Anything else to enable on the KM system while we have our hands in that bowl of spaghetti code?
Dev 2 : Well there are bubbles that can be deployed.
Dev 1 : Yeah but they don't generate loot and people are leaving them in space for rather long period of time without caring about losing them. They just check their wall or hell bubble on gate once in a while and fix whatever holes were created.
Dev 2 : Yeah I guess you are right.

* time passes*

Dev 1 : I guess we were wrong...

And while we're at it, why are the aggression rules different for basically every single one of these things? Do they know how much of a pain in the capsule it is to explain to a newbie how that works for every different deployable?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2016-01-14 14:46:45 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

Why do you care about your killboard? Why don't you just care about if you did your assigned/chosen job in that fight instead?

yeah but 1500 killmails for launching a bubble is just spam

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#15 - 2016-01-14 16:14:55 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

yeah but 1500 killmails for launching a bubble is just spam

However... these 1500 anchored bubbles did cost something to produce/purchase... If the bubbles were shuttles, which cost even less, no one would think twice.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-01-14 16:23:50 UTC
wait i may have read it wrong, do you mean shooting bubbles to get a mail or you appear on the killmail of a ship in your bubble?

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2016-01-14 16:31:14 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
wait i may have read it wrong, do you mean shooting bubbles to get a mail or you appear on the killmail of a ship in your bubble?

I was just going to remark on this, there appear to be two distinct lines of conversation.

Line 1. Killing an anchored bubble will put a KM on your killboard.
Line 2. If you die in a bubble the person who anchored the bubble gets a KM.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#18 - 2016-01-14 17:54:08 UTC
To clarify, this concerns anchorable bubbles, when destroyed, providing a killmail just as all the other anchorable structures.
unidenify
Deaf Armada
#19 - 2016-01-14 18:33:15 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

I was just going to remark on this, there appear to be two distinct lines of conversation.

Line 1. Killing an anchored bubble will put a KM on your killboard.
Line 2. If you die in a bubble the person who anchored the bubble gets a KM.

right now, kill anchored bubble won't generate bubble, however if you do die in bubble, owner of bubble get killmail if you try to warp out
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2016-01-14 21:31:11 UTC
Thor Kerrigan wrote:
To clarify, this concerns anchorable bubbles, when destroyed, providing a killmail just as all the other anchorable structures.

Which they should do.

+1
12Next page