These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

"Crucible: did we get it right?"

First post
Author
Tore Vest
#21 - 2012-01-09 20:13:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tore Vest
CCP should have those surveys BEFORE ppl unsub.. Bear

No troll.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#22 - 2012-01-09 20:13:32 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Answering it now myself, I hope everyone writes "Get rid of the nex store" in the features bit because I am.

Why should anyone do something just because you did it?

I personaly think the NEX store is brilliant, it will allow casual players to obtain items
they may not have time to grind for because they have jobs that pay real money that
they are more than willing to give to CCP in exchange for saving them from the grind.

The same would be true if they sold BPC's for the vanity items.

Cash > PLEX > ISK > BPC > Vanity item.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

J Kunjeh
#23 - 2012-01-09 20:14:15 UTC
Romla Yatolila wrote:
It was at the side of the most recent newsletter, link to survey here
http://crucible.questionpro.com/

Thanks for linking that. I completed it. For whatever reason, I STILL don't receive the newsletter (even though I petitioned it a while back...guess it's time for another).

"The world as we know it came about through an anomaly (anomou)" (The Gospel of Philip, 1-5) 

Jask Avan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-01-09 20:17:44 UTC
CCP Loktofeit wrote:
After all, you never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it. Trollskin doesn't help us achieve that desired level of understanding, and it certainly doesn't have that comfortable supple suede feel that genuine human skin has. It's actually rather chaffing if you walk around in it for any significant length of time.

I choose to believe you mean that CCP has actually sacrificed people to Eve and worn their skins.

Anywho, surveys are good.
mkint
#25 - 2012-01-09 21:07:53 UTC  |  Edited by: mkint
Surveys are okay if you know who you're surveying.

In this case, you're surveying people who:

-don't mind automated spam (newsletters) to their email
-actively WANT the newsletter badly enough to figure out where the hell to sign up for it (there's a newsletter?)
-are optimistic enough about EVE to take steps to fill out meaningless surveys

People you're NOT surveying are:

-people who get frustrated and quit quietly, or ragequit communicating their issues poorly
-people who have enough world experience to know that surveys NEVER lead to real improvements in anything. Ever.
-people who are cynical enough about CCP in particular to believe that customer feedback does not lead to meaningful improvements in the product (and spread the vitriol on the forums and in-game)

People you don't need to care you're not surveying:

-people who don't care one way or another, and will keep paying a sub whatever you do

Me? Will I take the survey? Nah, I think I'd rather go look at naked pictures instead.

edit:
I'd be fascinated to see the numbers as to what % of people who quit actually leave actionable feedback as to why they quit.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#26 - 2012-01-09 21:10:47 UTC
ok, survey ruthlessly trolled

I sure hope you guys like p2win and a fine selection of jewelry and accessories in the nex

I also noted that
empire is too dangerous
null is too safe
low sec is where everyone wants to play so all stuff should be there
incursions should be moved to WHs
15 minute gate and docking timers
hulks should be invulnerable
war should be agreed upon by both parties
everyone who undocks in a combat ship should be concorded (if they are in goonswarm they get podded too)
all chat should be in Russian
LCO should be deleted as offensive to the eyes
T3 ships should be able to teleport on demand
asteroids should be redesigned in minecraft style so hulks can burrow into them and cover over the tunnel
everyone needs a mexican hat dance emote
POITOT to be renamed to PONIES

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-01-09 21:27:39 UTC
I was missing the most improtant question:
After this over 100 pages "CCP, a lot of us want WiS" threadnought where WiS fans claim to be of the silent majority and FiS fans claim to be of the not-so silent majority- I really would have liked to see some statistics about this.
If only to make this thread go away, that gave me cancer, PTSD and six different STDs....

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#28 - 2012-01-09 21:36:27 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Answering it now myself, I hope everyone writes "Get rid of the nex store" in the features bit because I am.

Why should anyone do something just because you did it?

I personaly think the NEX store is brilliant, it will allow casual players to obtain items
they may not have time to grind for because they have jobs that pay real money that
they are more than willing to give to CCP in exchange for saving them from the grind.

We already have PLEX that accomplish this purpose extremely well.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Solhild
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-01-09 21:43:57 UTC
I did the survey and politely asked CCP to release the items in the NeX store to player creation and then to kill the store dead!

Thankyou.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#30 - 2012-01-09 21:49:02 UTC
DoneBlink
Eyup Mi'duck
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-01-09 22:01:16 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
I was missing the most improtant question:
After this over 100 pages "CCP, a lot of us want WiS" threadnought where WiS fans claim to be of the silent majority and FiS fans claim to be of the not-so silent majority- I really would have liked to see some statistics about this.
If only to make this thread go away, that gave me cancer, PTSD and six different STDs....

There was a survey thread on the old forums... If I recall correctly, approximately:

50% of posters wanted CCP to fix FiS and not bother with WiS
10% of posters wanted WiS fixed ahead of FiS
40% of posters wanted both FiS and WiS to be developed, but most said FiS needed fixing first.

And there were a few alternative suggestions about what the F and W stood for, but I'll leave that to your imagination.

I am me.         I am not you.     I have my own thoughts.     I am very happy with this situation.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#32 - 2012-01-09 22:33:48 UTC
Answered it when the newsletter was released. Today i answered again as i used to have 2 accounts (until january 14th that will still be true).

Anyway I missed a two-sided question:

What would make you keep subscribed for sure? What would make you unsuscribe for sure?

Endgame for hisec and/or causal and/or solo player woudl keep me subscribed for sure.

Sacrificing all gameplay to nullsec and/or multiplayer has already made me cancel one account, and this account will be canceled too if Fanfest fails to keep me interested in EVE future development. Which is very very likely so far. What?
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#33 - 2012-01-09 22:41:40 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Sacrificing all gameplay to nullsec and/or multiplayer has already made me cancel one account,

Wait - you play an MMO and complain about it being focused on multiplayer?

Quote:

and this account will be canceled too if Fanfest fails to keep me interested in EVE future development. Which is very very likely so far. What?

Thank god - although I'll miss you - you are probably the best troll around here currently.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#34 - 2012-01-09 22:52:55 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Sacrificing all gameplay to nullsec and/or multiplayer has already made me cancel one account,

Wait - you play an MMO and complain about it being focused on multiplayer?

Quote:

and this account will be canceled too if Fanfest fails to keep me interested in EVE future development. Which is very very likely so far. What?

Thank god - although I'll miss you - you are probably the best troll around here currently.

You sir have deeply wounded me. Sad

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#35 - 2012-01-10 00:53:18 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

You sir have deeply wounded me. Sad

I'm deeply sorry, but you're too obvious , since you can't hide some basic glimpses of intellect in your posts which make everyone know you're trolling deliberately.

Indahmawar is 100% coherent at being a moron. Therefore he's better.

You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#36 - 2012-01-10 01:00:50 UTC
Sailor moon skirts pleaze

R.I.P. Vile Rat

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-01-10 01:14:49 UTC
CCP Loktofeit wrote:
Atticus Fynch wrote:

I suggest if you want EVE to progress in the direction you want it to, dont troll the survey.

Definitely. After all, you never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it. Trollskin doesn't help us achieve that desired level of understanding, and it certainly doesn't have that comfortable supple suede feel that genuine human skin has. It's actually rather chaffing if you walk around in it for any significant length of time.

If this proves to be a good channel of feedback then I'd really like to regularly do these types of surveys to add to our arsenal of player input tools.

BTW, every once in a while we post reports of results from previous surveys. You can check them out in the User Research section of EVElopedia.

o7

CCP image on that user research page needs some updating

R.S.I2014

T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2012-01-10 01:22:51 UTC
Survey? What survey?

...****, wrong thread :3

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Gothikia
#39 - 2012-01-10 01:31:10 UTC
I made sure to make very constructive points for the survey. Did CCP get Crucible right? Yes, it didn't turn out like Incarna 2.0 on multiple fronts, but there is still a huge way to go, and as I said in the survey; I think we're off to a good start.

Made sure to make some serious suggestions and answered honestly.

<3 Gothie

Defier Orilis
Defiance Eden Initiative
#40 - 2012-01-10 02:04:59 UTC
Another request of mine on the survey even prior of Crucible...was to please, fix your ships from pivoting like water balloon when turning! I have never seen any sci-fi movies with ships doing these ugly turns... Dang!!!

Thx.
Previous page123Next page