These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

What's the thinking behind the Friendly Fire legality?

Author
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#21 - 2016-01-13 15:52:59 UTC
Friendly fire is very necessary when trying to hold a 10k+ Frigate FFA. Plus, there are beneficial aspects such as webbing a freighter to help it warp faster.
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2016-01-13 16:00:18 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Anya Klibor wrote:
Droidster wrote:
I am getting the idea that only two people use the EVE forums: me and this wierd, bald-headed newb who keeps giving sassy answers of dubious validity.

Considering you didn't know how one of the oldest settings in the game worked, I think you are the noob, and the "sassy blad-headed noob" is actually far more intelligent than you are.

To be fair, friendly fire is only like two years old at most. There was a stink, it was great. The toggle was put in as a result of said stink instead of simply disabling it for all parties. Lingering harrumphs still exist about it being set to illegal as default, as this does nothing to encourage CEO's to be good, instead it just protects them from their own stupid decisions by default.

I stopped playing around seven months ago, and came back two days ago. I can safely say that this setting was not there when I left. At all. You could kill anyone in your corp without reprisal from CONCORD.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#23 - 2016-01-13 16:03:14 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
[quote=Omar Alharazaad]I stopped playing around seven months ago, and came back two days ago. I can safely say that this setting was not there when I left. At all. You could kill anyone in your corp without reprisal from CONCORD.

Looks like they issued the change in February 2015. So seven months ago, it was definitely there. You just didn't notice when it was added.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#24 - 2016-01-13 20:16:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Bumblefck
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Look:

💩

I've created some content, fresh on your doorstep

YOU CAN POST POOP??? Where has this been all my eve life

Can't remember the Unicode for it (had to Google it, ofc), but feel free to copy and use for great justice. It's even dual-purpose!

💩
V

Have an ice-cream, sir

e: drat, doesn't quite 'come out' right, if you know what I mean ^^

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#25 - 2016-01-13 21:01:19 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Look:

💩

I've created some content, fresh on your doorstep

YOU CAN POST POOP??? Where has this been all my eve life

Can't remember the Unicode for it (had to Google it, ofc), but feel free to copy and use for great justice. It's even dual-purpose!

💩
V

Have an ice-cream, sir

e: drat, doesn't quite 'come out' right, if you know what I mean ^^

They make supplements for people who prefer soft-serve over scooped.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#26 - 2016-01-13 21:27:32 UTC
To my (and my wife's, even more so) eternal shame, I once heard my father-in-law say that "If it doesn't rise above the waterline, I haven't finished my daily business"

*shudders*

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#27 - 2016-01-14 08:57:27 UTC
One upside I've found for the friendly fire toggle switch. Using it as a recruitment aid.
If any new recruits express concern that you have friendly fire set to legal, they probably aren't the sort you want in your corporation.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Previous page12