These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dev blog: All about the upcoming CSM11 elections

First post First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-01-08 17:23:28 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Elections for the 11th player elected Council of Stellar Management (CSM) will start on January 15 when candidates can start to apply. The voting itself will take place from Feb 29 to March 25.

Together with streamlining the application process, we also have tweaked the CSM Whitepaper.

Read all the details in CCP Leeloo's blog All you need to know about the upcoming CSM11 elections.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-01-08 17:30:27 UTC
Run you fools

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Estelie Heyan
Xri
#3 - 2016-01-08 17:48:20 UTC
Vote Xenuria
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2016-01-08 17:53:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Kismeteer
9 out of 10 CSM candidates are now Endie.

e: "Privacy. Again, after seeing the feedback from the candidates and voters after CSM10 election, we decided to remove the requirement of sharing your real life name publicly if you wish to run for the Council seat. We feel like this is an unnecessary requirement and we would rather let people decide if they want to share their real life information publicly or not."
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#5 - 2016-01-08 17:57:13 UTC
Best of luck to all

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2016-01-08 18:05:38 UTC
Selling my votes for all my accounts (number hidden). You only have to pay one PLEX per vote. Pirate

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

Mynxee
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#7 - 2016-01-08 18:38:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Mynxee
In the updated White Paper, the rosters for CSM5 and CSM6 are wrong; they should be swapped.

Lost in space, looking for sigs...

Blog: Cloaky Wanderer

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#8 - 2016-01-08 18:56:04 UTC
I approve of not requiring public full-name disclosure. That never sat easy with me and I didn't see the purpose in it.
Trancefo Delcroix
Cosmic Origin
#9 - 2016-01-08 19:08:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Trancefo Delcroix
Why vote?

For me, the credibility of CSM dropped to zero as they can't seem to convince CCP not to turn EVE into P2W.
As long as CCP won't actually listen to CSM, these elections are meaningless...
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-01-08 19:15:21 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:
I approve of not requiring public full-name disclosure. That never sat easy with me and I didn't see the purpose in it.

Still would be very difficult to keep RL anonymity with the media coverage you must expect and also you need to be successful.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Align Planet1
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-01-08 20:09:04 UTC
Updates to the white paper were unexpected. Well done.
Shrillary Pantsuit
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-01-09 04:13:16 UTC
I look forward to affording capsuleers the privilege of anointing the first female CSM chair.

Vote Shrillary, CSM Chairwoman, 2016!

"Wardecs are okay, when done the Shrillary way!"

------------------------

This post was drafted and submitted on an official, CCP-sanctioned account, and contains no material marked 'classified'

NekoKitten
Neko Industry 'n' PvE
#13 - 2016-01-09 05:37:20 UTC
Why do we need to do this every frikkin year .. cant it be like every 2 or 4 years ? Like real politicians. We always say Eve is real, but this is pretty unrealistic.

Just a thought.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#14 - 2016-01-09 17:28:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
So...

...there's going to be a CSM11
...by removing the need to show real names, we'll need to trust CCP on that one player = one candidate, and that is good because...?
...and anyway likely that will make easier that there are even more candidates than last year. As if reading the pros and cons of 70+ total strangers wasn't a chore enough, let's just have more names in the list!

CCP, improving democracy by making it a better parody of itself! Blink
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2016-01-09 20:13:14 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
So...

...by removing the need to show real names, we'll need to trust CCP on that one player = one candidate, and that is good because...?
...and anyway likely that will make easier that there are even more candidates than last year. As if reading the pros and cons of 70+ total strangers wasn't a chore enough, let's just have more names in the list!

Out of interest, what do you imagine that "CCP" would gain by allowing 1 player to hold multiple CSM seats?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#16 - 2016-01-09 23:47:48 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
So...

Out of interest, what do you imagine that "CCP" would gain by allowing 1 player to hold multiple CSM seats?

How dare you question the tinfoil!?!
Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2016-01-10 01:44:05 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Run you fools

Is that run for the CSM or run away from it?
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2016-01-10 07:30:14 UTC
Linna Excel wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
Run you fools

depends on who is listening

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#19 - 2016-01-10 09:39:36 UTC
Linna Excel wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
Run you fools

To some players, it will run over you fools. P
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#20 - 2016-01-10 09:53:00 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
So...

OK, that wasn't the brightest question ever. Players sitll need to produce their ID and evidence that they could travel to Iceland so shenanigans are ruled out.

Now, I would like to see any comments on the (dis)advantages of having dozens of candidates completely unknown to the potential voters. Specially when that comes on top of a obscure vote distribution system in which an algorythm determines who you wanted to vote, so at the end of day voters don't know who was elected with their vote.

TL;DR: having too many candidates is bad for participation. STV is a disaster for encouraging participation. So we end with a representative Democracy that represents only a tiny siiver of very devoted and determined voters, a "rule of the best" or Aristocracy.
12Next page