These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Other sentry options

Author
Kruenix Gearsworth
Yuki Hama Space Jumpers
#1 - 2016-01-06 19:35:34 UTC
Will we be seeing, any time soon, ewar and logi sentry drones?
fly safe o/
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2016-01-06 19:54:30 UTC
Kruenix Gearsworth wrote:
fly safe o/

They will be introduced at about the same time as you post something which isn't completely batshit insane

I.E., never

e: o/

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-01-06 21:16:39 UTC
Yeah, I intensely dislike the Super Mario Galaxy loot spew mechanic. And I've been saying that, along with quite a few other folks, since it was launched. Apparently someone at CCP uses an alternate definition of "fun" that I am unaware of.

I still do sites... usually when someone else really wants to. I don't mind the scanning and the hacking, but the loot spew just irritates me. Enough that I do sites far, far less than I would otherwise. And that is despite being apparently rather good at it... it's like being really great at bleaching grout. It's still not fun.

Edit - Yes, I use the cargo scanner. That in no way improves the fun. At. All.
Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-01-07 09:39:54 UTC
Kruenix Gearsworth wrote:
fly safe o/

Yes CCP said the will be implementen in the year 3016 i think.

Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#5 - 2016-01-07 11:52:11 UTC
Since the OP didn't actually post a feature or idea I guess I will.

Multiple size and role Logi, Ewar, and Combat drones!

Combat drones first. There could be 3 or more sizes for sentry drones besides just the one we have now. Light, Medium, Heavy, and possibly fighter and fighter bomber sized. Damage, Optimal, Falloff, and Tracking would all have to be balanced around their respective sizes. Current sentry drones could be brought in line with current heavy drones in their damage application abilities. As for the risk/reward I could see mobile drones doing more damage than sentries or just better damage application. The new sentries would do less or have less application but no time to reach their target. We could also specialize the new sentries into different weapon systems based on race. Pulse and Beam, Rail and Blaster, and so on. Maybe reserve this specialization to the T2 version only.

EWar drones! First off EWar drones need to be looked at anyway. Right now the only useful ones are the ECM drones. These could follow the same logic as the new combat sentries. Mobile drones could be stronger but require time to reach their target and possibly more fragile. The sentries would be weaker but apply their effects immediately. The T2 versions could act like scripted versions of their basic counterparts. Amarr could choose from better optimal range reduction or stronger tracking reduction, Caldari could choose from stronger jams or longer range jams or maybe more frequent but weaker jams, Minmatar could choose from longer range webs or stronger webs, and Gallente could pick between max range or scan res reduction. There are the Target Painter and Energy Neutralizer drones as well that could be added in but that would skew the racial balance somewhat. I guess we could add in Missile disruption drones for Caldari and warp disruption/scram drones for Gallente(that doesn't sound like a good idea)? Stacking penalties would need to be addressed as this is the main issue with EWar drones right now. These would all come in all sizes as well, and possibly include capital size drones.

Logi drones! Same idea here. Mobile drones offer stronger reps since they would orbit within their optimal but require time to reach their target. Sentry drones would be weaker but apply their effects right way. I would do Caldari for shield, Gallente for Armor, and Minmatar for Hull. I am not sure about the Amarr for cap drones. I don't think generating cap out of thin air is a good idea, so maybe having them drain cap from their owners ship and transferring it their target would be an option. I think the T2 drones would just be better instead of making them different from T1. Since you can't target yourself there is no worry about having a drone ship self tanking with its own drones, although spider tanking with another player could be an issue. These would all come in all sizes, but I am not sure about capital size versions until we see the cap ship re-balance.

So there is a semi thought out idea on new and diverse sentry drones and their uses.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#6 - 2016-01-07 16:12:29 UTC
i dont really think we need anymore drones tbh

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*