These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Minecraft 1.8

First post
Author
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#1 - 2011-09-15 12:24:40 UTC
I want to log back into EVE and do my thing, but... I CAN'T STOP PLAYING MINECRAFT!

Who agrees? This update is completely awesome. Abandoned mine-shafts? Abandoned villages?! Animated chests, hunger, a reason to cook food, an experience bar (???) and ENDERMEN.
Midge Mo'yb
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-09-15 13:57:58 UTC
endermen are faggots, they steal my house Straight
Meryl SinGarda
#3 - 2011-09-15 13:59:04 UTC
Not if you construct your house in the middle of a river or an ocean P
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2011-09-15 16:07:57 UTC
They dont seem to like torches either. Im loving it and would be playing right now but I cant log onSad
Meryl SinGarda
#5 - 2011-09-15 19:33:28 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
They dont seem to like torches either. Im loving it and would be playing right now but I cant log onSad

I had this problem earlier. Thought they were working on a patch but it turned out I need to download the .exe again.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2011-09-15 19:35:33 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:

I had this problem earlier. Thought they were working on a patch but it turned out I need to download the .exe again.

Ahhh thats it.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#7 - 2011-09-15 19:40:44 UTC
I'm back into it pretty hardcore. Really wasn't as fascinated with pixel art as most people, so it's good there's finally something to do.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

NeoShocker
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#8 - 2011-09-16 01:14:52 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

thanks for tip, was having problem logging in too.

/me goes to site to redownload.
TrollFace TrololMcFluf
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-09-16 02:05:37 UTC
If ccp released a patch like this for eve i would be happy
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2011-09-16 08:28:31 UTC
So I now have crops, house, mines and a doorway to hell all protected by a wall a cactusBig smile

Also have two massive mushrooms...
Meryl SinGarda
#11 - 2011-09-16 08:42:40 UTC
Yeah, I haven't seen the giant shrooms yet, but I keep reading about them. Have pissed off a slew of Endermen though. Still not sure what to do with their beads
Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-09-16 10:35:53 UTC
Hmm, so do I need to makea new world to see all the new stuff? I kinda liek my old world with all my magnificent creations.
Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2011-09-16 11:16:11 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
Yeah, I haven't seen the giant shrooms yet, but I keep reading about them. Have pissed off a slew of Endermen though. Still not sure what to do with their beads

I believe the mushroom biome isnt working (or isnt in the 1.8 patch) but you can apply bonemeal to a normal mushroom and *poof* giant shroom.

Endermen are fun, the myth they cant move anything player placed at the moment is false and there are screens of them moving bedrock - so becareful exploring underground you dont want to fall off the world.
Rainus Max
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2011-09-16 11:18:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainus Max
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Hmm, so do I need to makea new world to see all the new stuff? I kinda liek my old world with all my magnificent creations.

No, but Notch redid all the world generation code so you will get a mismatch between old and new (like the 50 block high sheer cliff I missed, fell off and died). You can use MCedit to move any projects from the old to the new, but I understand it can be a bit fiddly
Nth Ares
Doomheim
#15 - 2011-09-16 14:11:09 UTC
Minecraft is a lot of fun, but I'm waiting for the point where I can build a spaceship out of bricks and fly it around.

Here's my design concept! 12x5x4 cobblestone hull, with 3 3x3x2 hollowed-out rooms in it. Middle room for crafting, with a craft table, forge, and chest. Front room is navigation, glass-paned on front wall, with one lever for ascending/descending, another for turning right/left, and a pressure plate for acceleration. A trail of redstone dust leads from the plate to the back room, where the engine is made up of two forges and a thruster (not in game yet). I could manually fuel it with coal, but I'd like for dispensers to work in such a way that one can feed the forge at a button press.

I might run a fenced balcony along the sides, with a entrances on either side of the middle room, and gaps in the fence. This way I could fly my cobblestone Hulk up to a mountainside and just mine from the balcony. If mobs come, I will shoot them with my bow and arrows... I can't think of an equivalent to drones.

If I can produce enough obsidian, I would build a HUGE gate to the nether, and jump my ship through there. It would be just like lowsec! However the ghasts would probably gank and WTFPWN me... and my ship would drop in the lava.

Then I'd ragequit, and whine on forums.
Kala Starfury
art of eve
#16 - 2011-09-16 17:31:41 UTC
Nth Ares wrote:
Minecraft is a lot of fun, but I'm waiting for the point where I can build a spaceship out of bricks and fly it around....

I think you would need to wait until they update the zeppelins mod for you to build the airships..
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/488434-173-zeppelin-013-wip/
Nth Ares
Doomheim
#17 - 2011-09-17 03:00:07 UTC
Kala Starfury wrote:
Nth Ares wrote:
Minecraft is a lot of fun, but I'm waiting for the point where I can build a spaceship out of bricks and fly it around....

I think you would need to wait until they update the zeppelins mod for you to build the airships..
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/488434-173-zeppelin-013-wip/

Those look AWESOME.
Meryl SinGarda
#18 - 2011-09-17 11:55:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Meryl SinGarda
Okay, this is odd. I've got a house on a river. Water all around me, islands and land maybe 20+ blocks away. I'm down in the bedrock breaking stone, looking for diamond. Come back up to my house and what do I find?

A skelly.

All doors doors closed and the only clear opening is to the roof, which is surrounded by glass with horizontal spaces for shooting arrows, plus an opening to a side part of the roof where my Mushroom hut is. This is also surrounded by cobblestone and vines.

Remember, there's also water surrounding my house.

Hod did this skeleton get inside? :(

What's next?

Endermen?!
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#19 - 2011-09-17 14:36:54 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
How did this skeleton get inside? :(

Is it well lit inside? Creatures will spawn where it isn't.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2011-09-17 14:55:34 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
How did this skeleton get inside? :(

Is it well lit inside? Creatures will spawn where it isn't.

Also they can come up through the mines if you dont light them or leave the caves alone.
12Next page