These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fitting window optionally names the fitted ship with the fit name

Author
Geiri Tyr
The Suicide Express
#1 - 2016-01-07 00:25:18 UTC
A quick google search showed that this has already been suggested at least once, but there were no replies and the topic was closed. So I decided to make my voice heard on this quality of eve life issue. Thank you

Geiri Tyr
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2016-01-07 01:31:23 UTC
Geiri Tyr wrote:
A quick google search showed that this has already been suggested at least once, but there were no replies and the topic was closed. So I decided to make my voice heard on this quality of eve life issue. Thank you

Geiri Tyr

The proper method would've been to petition to have the old thread unlocked, not start a new one.

Either way, your idea is not supported. It's not that hard to right click, set name, and type the name in. Additionally, I'm sure a lot of people save their fits based on what the fit is for. I sure don't want people to see bling fit tengu named "blingu."

Oh, and the "make it optional" bit is just a sugary glaze you poured on the cow pie before you called it a cinnamon roll. If you look back, the only time CCP has made stuff "opt in" has been for things still in beta, like the new map and camera options.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-01-07 03:00:54 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Geiri Tyr wrote:

Geiri Tyr

The proper method would've been to petition to have the old thread unlocked, not start a new one.

Either way, your idea is not supported. It's not that hard to right click, set name, and type the name in. Additionally, I'm sure a lot of people save their fits based on what the fit is for. I sure don't want people to see bling fit tengu named "blingu."

Oh, and the "make it optional" bit is just a sugary glaze you poured on the cow pie before you called it a cinnamon roll. If you look back, the only time CCP has made stuff "opt in" has been for things still in beta, like the new map and camera options.

What's wrong with blingu being easier to spot?
Geiri Tyr
The Suicide Express
#4 - 2016-01-07 03:40:33 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Either way, your idea is not supported.

By you? You've apparently never fit dozens of ships for corp before.
Iain Cariaba
#5 - 2016-01-07 03:42:01 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Geiri Tyr wrote:

Geiri Tyr

What's wrong with blingu being easier to spot?

If someone is dumb enough to actually name their blingy tengu that, then they're just asking to get ganked.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2016-01-07 11:32:56 UTC
Heard of copy-paste?
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#7 - 2016-01-07 17:48:51 UTC
As someone who stocks fitted ships for an alliance, this would be a small QOL improvement, but it is not very high on my list of priorities.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Geiri Tyr
The Suicide Express
#8 - 2016-01-07 19:46:27 UTC
It's definitely a small improvement, but it would make our jobs putting corp fittings on contract that much quicker. Sure, I could pause after each setup and name all the fits from the default name with right click, change name, CTRL+V, return. To do that on every ship does take a bit of time which could be eliminated if the option was there.

It's a suggestion that will make team players' jobs easier in this MMO. As someone who uses my saved fits window for other than fits I've saved from others that I'm too afraid to get 'ganked' in, this would be an improvement.