These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How to find null sec - fast

First post
Author
Dough Adoudel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-01-06 00:48:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Dough Adoudel
So how do you find null sec systems from wormholes, fast? Been going from system from system, and they just pop up once in a blue moon... I mean, it's easy enough to find high sec, but the other way around - not so much...

I remember seeing some chart of what kind of wormhole classes that normally link together, but I couldn't find it again. I think it could maybe be quite helpful. Would also love to see some kind of "chance chart" where it's easy to see at a glance what systems any given wormhole has a chance of linking to, possibly in percentage. Like it could show "this system has an N percent chance of linking to X system type (high, low, null, j-space, etc). Does that exist?
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-01-06 07:55:46 UTC
Go to Thera, scan nullsec exit ... profit.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-01-06 08:47:57 UTC
I recommend EC-

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Nerapa
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-01-06 08:52:48 UTC
Dough Adoudel wrote:
So how do you find null sec systems from wormholes, fast? Been going from system from system, and they just pop up once in a blue moon... I mean, it's easy enough to find high sec, but the other way around - not so much...

I remember seeing some chart of what kind of wormhole classes that normally link together, but I couldn't find it again. I think it could maybe be quite helpful. Would also love to see some kind of "chance chart" where it's easy to see at a glance what systems any given wormhole has a chance of linking to, possibly in percentage. Like it could show "this system has an N percent chance of linking to X system type (high, low, null, j-space, etc). Does that exist?

You just need siggy. I'll tell you instantly whether the WH has a nullsec static. 100% chance of a nullsec

If it doesnt have a nullsec....then its pot luck. Higher class wormholes have a chance of spawning in nullsec such as C5/C6's
Dough Adoudel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-01-06 09:08:19 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Fractal
Jack Miton wrote:
I recommend EC-

I'm not familiar with that. Tried to search but I only found stuff about the EU. :p What is it?

Tipa Riot wrote:

Yeah, that's kind of an option, though I'd like to start in any wormhole system and reliably be able to scan down a null sec system without needing to go to Thera in particular.

Nerapa wrote:
You just need siggy. I'll tell you instantly whether the WH has a nullsec static. 100% chance of a nullsec

Yeah, that is true. I use Tripwire myself. However I'm really looking for a graphical chart or overview of the relationship between the different wormhole classes and the (chance to find the) systems they link to.

Nerapa wrote:
If it doesnt have a nullsec....then its pot luck. Higher class wormholes have a chance of spawning in nullsec such as C5/C6's

This is true, and I've heard C5's create quite nice chains to go trough. However recently I've had more luck finding links to null sec from C2 wormholes.

Reference to deleted post removed. - ISD Fractal
permion
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-01-06 16:35:28 UTC
https://www.eve-scout.com/thera/map/

Even finding your own way is pretty easy. Just still to c3's-c1's and you'll be able to eventually hit a good number of regions. Or you could work your way up.

Getting back is the same stick to c3's-c1's and you'll get a HiSec system fast.
ISD Fractal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#7 - 2016-01-06 17:49:19 UTC
Quote:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

I have removed several posts for violating the above rule. Please stay on topic.

@ OP: The null sec wandering wormholes were nerfed by CCP and they're more difficult to find now. Aside from having a wormhole with a static null connection, the wandering wormholes are random. They can be easier to find by scanning down long chains, such as chains you'd find scanning down C5 > C5 highways or C4 highways.

ISD Fractal

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#8 - 2016-01-06 19:58:33 UTC
HOW WAS THAT EVEN TROLLING ARE YOU REAL

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Jezza McWaffle
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#9 - 2016-01-06 22:21:17 UTC
LOL JESTER, SCRUB TIER TROLL DETECTED

Wormholes worst badass | Checkout my Wormhole blog

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-01-06 22:38:20 UTC
You know those HS holes you're apparently finding? Jump out one, open your map, set destination to nearest NS.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#11 - 2016-01-06 23:32:57 UTC
fuckin censorship itt

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#12 - 2016-01-07 14:10:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalel Nimrott
Yeah, **** it. There are two types of thread worth posting in EVOs. The first type are the really cool threads about something important. The other types are the trolling types. You just removed 50% of EVOs content. See you in Reddit.

Edit: I just realized you actually removed 100% of the content.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Dough Adoudel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-01-07 16:22:13 UTC
Aw, forum tears, best tears. So anyway, how about those methods for finding null sec links from wormholes? :D
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#14 - 2016-01-07 16:26:03 UTC
weak NPC alt forum troll

spoonfeed my tyty

MurinA 7o9
Slumbered For Millennia
#15 - 2016-01-10 03:54:34 UTC
its easier to find direct null from low sec via c5s c3s and direct nulls
aldhura
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#16 - 2016-01-11 00:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: aldhura
Tipa Riot wrote:

Exit and entry systems already scanned so no need to look to hard, thanks to the eve scout squrrels
Johnny Giuliano
Doomheim
#17 - 2016-01-11 09:49:35 UTC
From my experience , from high sec , you have the following chances to find a nullsec exit:

- highsec systems lower than 0.7 - c1-c3-c5(c4)-(c6)-null (80%)
- highsec systems greater than 0.8 - c1-c3-(C5)-null (10%)
- highsec systems random security - direct null (10%)

parenthesis ones are optional, could be there or no.

Most of the time i exit from null and i find first a hole to c5 than it goes a least to 2 other holes in the chain until i find a highsec exit, most of the time being in 0.5 - 0.7 systems.

If you are lucky, like i was in the last 2 days, you can find a directly connected HS hole like my corp mates did, and it is very rare, i had a hole from a Fountain system to Anarro (2 jumps from Jita)