These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NOT ingame feature, but something i would pay money for.....

Author
Thrash Trash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-01-05 21:46:28 UTC
Dear CCP,

Please release collectable scale ship models! Eve has some of the coolest ship designs out there in the scifi gaming world!. I love building models as a hobbie and would love to build some of my favorite ships! Hell, i'd even pay for a plastic or diecast model! I have seen a rifter out there and maybe one amarr ship that you guys gave out at eve vegas, but i think you could make a bit of coin selling ship models. Lets be real, a bunch of nerds play eve, and we all like nerdy ****. give us the nerdy ****! mainly because i cant afford my own 3d printer...
Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-01-05 21:57:03 UTC
I was about to get mad at you for posting an out of game feature, but...

Well, let's just say you had me at "ship models". I have never gotten into models because they are expensive and typically aren't interesting enough to me to actually be worth the money. However, if I could get my hands on some Eve ship models to build in my free time, I would likely never see the light of day again. I need something to do with my hands other than video games and wanking anyway...

I'd +1 this, but there is literally no positive numerical value that would do this idea justice.
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#3 - 2016-01-06 00:33:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Xindi Kraid
There's a rifter model.
it exists because there's plenty of people who want to build a model eve ship. Hopefully more are to come.

Remember though, CCP is a software company. Any and all physical goods are farmed out to another company, and model kits aren't run of the mill game swag the T-shirt, mug and poster companies can just print out. ***** tough to make happen.
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#4 - 2016-01-06 19:56:16 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:
There's a rifter model.
it exists because there's plenty of people who want to build a model eve ship. Hopefully more are to come.

Remember though, CCP is a software company. Any and all physical goods are farmed out to another company, and model kits aren't run of the mill game swag the T-shirt, mug and poster companies can just print out. ***** tough to make happen.

Sounds like a new EvE career path is being born. Blink

--Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."