These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

My friend needs clothes...

First post First post First post
Author
Thrash Trash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#681 - 2016-01-05 21:49:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Thrash Trash
I would just like to add, SO MUCH YES FOR THE CORPSE TROPHY ROOM!
The captians quarters is missing that. Kill marks are all well and good but holding onto a ship long enough to accumulate any noticeable amount is something only the best of the best can do. I think the peons need something to remember their triumphs by as well......I know tons of people, myself inculded who keep their looted corpses in cans in stations. its amazing to look at but having something you could go and marvel at would be so cool, but i realize that this would also be in poor taste? maybe only allow the trophy rooms in null??
Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#682 - 2016-01-05 23:11:12 UTC
necrophilia
[nek-ruh-fil-ee-uh]

noun, Psychiatry

1. the urge to pop a cold one
Discomanco
We pooped on your lawn
#683 - 2016-01-06 03:04:36 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
This may, possibly, in all eventuality, be, the finest thread on the EVE Online forums.

Cool

No CCP reply for 2 years!??
CCP WHERE IS OUR FEATURE!????
SetSail ForEpicFail
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#684 - 2016-01-06 08:53:42 UTC
we whould need a meat launcher to make room in the gallary and to creep off our enemies at the same time Lol
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#685 - 2016-01-09 19:19:40 UTC
Thrash Trash wrote:
I would just like to add, SO MUCH YES FOR THE CORPSE TROPHY ROOM!
The captians quarters is missing that. Kill marks are all well and good but holding onto a ship long enough to accumulate any noticeable amount is something only the best of the best can do. I think the peons need something to remember their triumphs by as well......I know tons of people, myself inculded who keep their looted corpses in cans in stations. its amazing to look at but having something you could go and marvel at would be so cool, but i realize that this would also be in poor taste? maybe only allow the trophy rooms in null??

I indeed have many friends, and like to think that various people have taken the previous incarnations of myself back home to keep lovingly by their side.
I even have a couple of copies of myself in station, (means I can double-up on dates)

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#686 - 2016-01-10 03:18:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
I am afraid of dying, and I know that every time I die, that new clone that emerges with my memories really isn't me. Each time, a person really dies. When I go into combat, I have to face that one of these days I am not coming back.

Corpse collections soothe me because it lets me feel that in some small way...life goes on after death.

P.S. I am interested in reacquainting with my own corpses, if any of you have an older and more naïve twin of mine that you have been taking care of. Please send screenshots and let me know how he's doing.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Felix Judge
Regnum Ludorum
#687 - 2016-01-14 14:24:51 UTC
I would love to read an update from the gentleman who rescued Chloe from the harshness of space. How is her ... condition after three or four years of companionship? Have tender touches or passionate piloting altered her appearance much, let alone her integrity, moral or otherwise?

Mayhap someone can give the gentleman a nudge to return and inform the interested public.
Malphas Inanis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#688 - 2016-01-22 23:19:39 UTC
Still waiting for this to happen CCP please

This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous – indifferent to all suffering, lacking all purpose.

Giaus Felix
Doomheim
#689 - 2016-02-03 11:30:21 UTC
CCPlease.

I too would like a trophy cabinet with the option to dress those dirty Minmatar folks in respectable clothes.

I came for the spaceships, I stayed for the tears.

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#690 - 2016-02-03 15:15:29 UTC
This may be the longest running forum thread of all time. Not to mention one of the best.

I truly believe that someday we will have a use for these... mementoes of past glorious encounters.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Evan Giants
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#691 - 2016-02-04 04:11:22 UTC
Yes yes
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#692 - 2016-02-04 12:42:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Xe'Cara'eos
hear hear!

How long have we been waiting for our trophy showcase? I mean tailored environment for our companions?

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Titti Sabezan
SYNDIC Unlimited
#693 - 2016-02-04 18:15:19 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
This may be the longest running forum thread of all time. Not to mention one of the best.

I truly believe that someday we will have a use for these... mementoes of past glorious encounters.

Once again. +1, for auld langsyne
Adeline Rais
Rais Industries and Research Incorporated
#694 - 2016-02-04 23:31:25 UTC
What I would give to open that useless door in CQ for it to reveal nothing but a small pedestal on which to display your favourite corpse.

+1 For a more homely atmosphere.
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#695 - 2016-02-05 22:25:10 UTC
How's Chloe doing after all these years?

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#696 - 2016-02-05 22:40:02 UTC
much the same i would imagine
111kartel111
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#697 - 2016-02-06 00:39:56 UTC
This strangely reminds me of an old joke about a hermit named Dave Shocked .
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#698 - 2016-02-06 05:38:02 UTC
111kartel111 wrote:
This strangely reminds me of an old joke about a hermit named Dave Shocked .

There once was a hermit named Dave
Who kept a silent companion in his cave
With camera and book
Were records he took
For these precious moments he did save

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Dolorous Tremmens
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#699 - 2016-02-06 09:47:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Dolorous Tremmens
I try to collect myself as much as possible. The company of myself is very comforting, and its better than a mirror for dressing yourself properly. Theres just some angles you can't see yourself from, even with cameras. There are added bonuses of course, like when I'm having a bad day I can shoot myself multiple times, and not have to worry about my implants.

Since i know who i am when I scoop myself, I don't give myself names. I do take myself out on dates and sometimes have a girls night out with no-one but myselves. It can also be fun to make out with myselves in public, but on occasion I lose track of myself.

As well, On certain trips I like carrying a few of myself in the cargohold because if I get shot up real bad and things go pear shaped I like to reward people with the skills to do so. If so inclined they can scoop myself and, if they get lucky, a couple more of myself to get lucky with. I'd prefer if they don't rename me, so my contribution to the thread is as follows:

I would like tattoos of my name to be placed in specific areas, either singly or all over with selectable preambles:

"The awesomeness/pilot/(insert one word description formerly known as (name)"

"Former dwelling of (name)"

"(name) brand quality"

"(name) thanks you for your patronage"

"if found please return to (name), reward of (isk/items/services)"

But in regards to position, no ass antlers please, I'm class.

Get some Eve. Make it yours.

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#700 - 2016-02-06 09:53:40 UTC
Can you imagine the headlines on newspapers and whatnot? "Icelandic gaming corporation supports necrophilia." Must be the best free-advertisement-campaign ever by any gaming corporation. I can't believe this isn't implemented yet.

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com