These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Some ideas to deal with super superiority

Author
Marie Marie
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-01-05 22:50:50 UTC
Posting this on an alt to preserve some anonymity, but we're being camped by someone who has access to cynoing in a large number of supers to what ever attacks him. Yeah, it's somewhat temporary, but I might as well desub for a month or two until the locusts move on.

But I'd rather play.

So, some ideas:

1) Deployable cyno jammer. Let a Dictor and/or Hictor deploy a bubble to inhibit all cynos, regular and covert, including inhibiting ones currently lit. Make it 50-60K radius. This inhibits the specter of encountering a T1 camper, but not really wanting to engage because 1 cyno could mean 20 supers.

2) Make it very difficult for supers to hit any subcap. It's just ridiculous that a ship the size of a small city is going to be able to hit something the size of a couple of sem-trucks. If supers required sub-cap support for defense, then 30 supers on a field would still be vulnerable.

3) Jump fatigue for supers and titans jumping through gates. Relative to the distance jumped, of course.

4) Limit the number/size of ships that can be sent to a given cyno by requiring fuel use at the cyno based upon the size of the ship(s) being jumped. No fuel, no jump.

(Anyone else have any suggestions?)

Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-01-05 22:57:54 UTC
Yeah. Put your tears in a jet can and leave them on your undock for your assailants to pick up. If they're camping you, I'm sure they're going to get thirsty.
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-01-05 23:34:06 UTC

"I've encountered the slightest bit of adversity so let's talk about how the game should be changed so that won't happen to me anymore!"

And deployable cyno jammers are a thing that already exists. Buy one and deploy it.

Quote:

2) Make it very difficult for supers to hit any subcap. It's just ridiculous that a ship the size of a small city is going to be able to hit something the size of a couple of sem-trucks. If supers required sub-cap support for defense, then 30 supers on a field would still be vulnerable.

Do you really think this would solve your problem? Anyone who can drop 30 supers on you could just as easily bridge an overwhelming subcap fleet.

Quote:
3) Jump fatigue for supers and titans jumping through gates. Relative to the distance jumped, of course.

How does this solve your problem? This reads more like a, "Grrr, supercaps" spite 'suggestion'.

Quote:

HTFU? Leave the area? Find some people who would be happy to kill some supercaps and offer to be the bait?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2016-01-05 23:39:01 UTC
Here's another idea:

Find a third party who would be willing to set up a counter-drop on the guys camping you. Bait them, and have your new friends drop the hammer.
Marie Marie
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2016-01-06 01:57:26 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

"I've encountered the slightest bit of adversity so let's talk about how the game should be changed so that won't happen to me anymore!"

And deployable cyno jammers are a thing that already exists. Buy one and deploy it.

Mobile deployable, like a bubble from a hictor.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you really think this would solve your problem? Anyone who can drop 30 supers on you could just as easily bridge an overwhelming subcap fleet.

But a 10 super and 20 subcap fleet is easier to handle than a 30 super right now.

Quote:

Quote:

How does this solve your problem? This reads more like a, "Grrr, supercaps" spite 'suggestion'.

Just makes them less mobile.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#6 - 2016-01-06 03:49:46 UTC
Here is a few tactics you can try:

- change up tactics: afraid of cynos? Don't use ships that can fall prey to them. Namely... big, fat, slow ships that engage at close range. Instead... use small, fast ships that can scatter and avoid cyno blobs.
Alternatively, use alpha-strike tactics to wipe out the cyno ship before it can activate. Or shortly after it activates.

- set up traps: this requires a bit of effort. Get a feel for what kinds of ships the hotdroppers are bringing... set up a composition that can take it... bait them out. The trick is to not be seen by the hotdroppers doing this (they have many spies).

- get help: I am not talking about hiring anyone. Just find out who the hotdropper's worst enemies are and tip them off. Offer to be "bait." Once the hotdroppers get whiff of this or, if you are lucky, fall prey to their own medicine... they will quickly change up tactics.

With your ideas though...

1a. No. This adversely affects too many other things in the game. Namely, Blop-dropping... which is an art in its own right.

2a. Already the case. But if they know they have nothing to fear from you (or bring in a lot of support) they can min/max to make it possible.

3a. No. That's WAY too harsh of a penalty. We WANT more supers to be using gates.

4a. This one I can get behind. But it will still be to the overwhelming advantage of larger groups.
SetSail ForEpicFail
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-01-06 07:56:58 UTC
- kill them
- bribe them
- join them
- leave the area
Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2016-01-06 08:42:47 UTC
Marie Marie wrote:
Posting this on an alt to preserve some anonymity, but we're being camped by someone who has access to cynoing in a large number of supers to what ever attacks him. Yeah, it's somewhat temporary, but I might as well desub for a month or two until the locusts move on.

But I'd rather play.

So, some ideas:

1) Deployable cyno jammer. Let a Dictor and/or Hictor deploy a bubble to inhibit all cynos, regular and covert, including inhibiting ones currently lit. Make it 50-60K radius. This inhibits the specter of encountering a T1 camper, but not really wanting to engage because 1 cyno could mean 20 supers.

4) Limit the number/size of ships that can be sent to a given cyno by requiring fuel use at the cyno based upon the size of the ship(s) being jumped. No fuel, no jump.

To

1: Already ingame just takes a timer.
2: The super will never hit you good it´s the drones and they also have trouble shooting you if your smaller than a bs.
3: Sure because supers/titans aren´t useless enough until the comming capitalpatch.
4: No.

Yeah grow some balls or stop attacking everything in your vindicator and start using a rattlesnake.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-01-06 09:31:02 UTC
OP hotdropped a ratting nyx with a load of dreads and now being hellcamped by the nyx's friends who want revenge on the said dreads and carriers docked in the system where they killed the ratting nyx Cool

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

RcTamiya
Magister Mortalis.
#10 - 2016-01-06 10:12:35 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
OP hotdropped a ratting nyx with a load of dreads and now being hellcamped by the nyx's friends who want revenge on the said dreads and carriers docked in the system where they killed the ratting nyx Cool

link?
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-01-06 10:14:52 UTC
RcTamiya wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

link?

no link, i just made that logical scenario up Big smile

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

RcTamiya
Magister Mortalis.
#12 - 2016-01-06 12:38:45 UTC
*leaves disappointed*
Marie Marie
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2016-01-06 21:21:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Marie Marie
ShahFluffers wrote:
Here is a few tactics you can try:

- change up tactics: afraid of cynos? Don't use ships that can fall prey to them. Namely... big, fat, slow ships that engage at close range. Instead... use small, fast ships that can scatter and avoid cyno blobs.
Alternatively, use alpha-strike tactics to wipe out the cyno ship before it can activate. Or shortly after it activates.

Solution 1: Miners, stop mining. Sounds reasonable.

//- set up traps: this requires a bit of effort. Get a feel for what kinds of ships the hotdroppers are bringing... set up a composition that can take it... bait them out. The trick is to not be seen by the hotdroppers doing this (they have many spies).

- get help: I am not talking about hiring anyone. Just find out who the hotdropper's worst enemies are and tip them off. Offer to be "bait." Once the hotdroppers get whiff of this or, if you are lucky, fall prey to their own medicine... they will quickly change up tactics//

And then you get counter dropped by 30 supers. What jow?

And if they are the biggest capital alliance in the game? Then what?
//
With your ideas though...

1a. No. This adversely affects too many other things in the game. Namely, Blop-dropping... which is an art in its own right.//

It just increases the risk of lighting a cyno. What's the matter? Chicken?

//
2a. Already the case. But if they know they have nothing to fear from you (or bring in a lot of support) they can min/max to make it possible.//

But it would make it harder.

//3a. No. That's WAY too harsh of a penalty. We WANT more supers to be using gates.//

Oh, so, a 30 man Nyx gang jumps a gate into your system. Whachu gonna do?

//4a. This one I can get behind. But it will still be to the overwhelming advantage of larger groups//

But you won't be dropping 30 supers via a interceptor.
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#14 - 2016-01-06 22:20:17 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Marie Marie wrote:

Leave? Offer unconditional surrender? Fight anyway and hope they're impressed by your pluck?

You make it sound like the biggest capital alliance in the game shouldn't be able to curb stomp your ragtag band of... miners?

Quote:

Definitely won't run to the forum and whine and cry and make a bunch of **** "suggestions" to resolve the egregious problem of, "An overwhelmingly superior force can easily defeat a vastly inferior force."

That is working as intended.

Quote:
But you won't be dropping 30 supers via a interceptor.

Uh, sure they will. The capitals jumping to the ceptor-lit cyno will just be sporting more cynos.

Congratulations, you bought yourself, like, 10 meaningless seconds of not having the full fleet on grid.

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2016-01-06 23:25:00 UTC
Marie Marie wrote:

if the Imperium are camping you in, call PL, Snuff, LowSechnaya Sholupen, NC., or pretty much anyone else with a reputation for killing supers.

If it's one of those groups I listed, call one of the others.

if it's the biggest super fleet in the game, call the second and third biggest.

If it's thirty nyxes, any of the groups listed would need new trousers if you gave them a chance to slaughter that many supers.

Just how many people are these thirty supers camping in anyway, and what's stopping you from just going somewhere else? If it's lowsec, they can't bubble you. If it's null, cynojam the system. In either case, use deployable cynojammers to cover your evac.

There are tools, methods and tactics you can already use to avoid a supercapital hotdrop. Just because you don't want to use them doesn't mean CCP need to change the game to suit your personal whims.
Marie Marie
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2016-01-07 23:38:31 UTC
Oh, and the cyno inhibitors? They're useless.
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-01-07 23:43:27 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Marie Marie wrote:

Right, so this isn't actually an F&I thread and is actually a Mad 'cuz Bad whine thread, then, yes?

They have a use. They just don't do what you want, which is apparently, "Completely, and with trivial ease, prevent any and all hotdrops now and forever merely at the press of a button."

Takari
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#18 - 2016-01-08 14:43:51 UTC
Marie Marie wrote:

//3a. No. That's WAY too harsh of a penalty. We WANT more supers to be using gates.//

What I always do.. lock target and fire.

"Roll the dice, don't think twice. This is the way of things. Welcome to EVE." ~ CCP Falcon

"Good luck, shoot straight and don't back down." - Serendipity Lost

Marie Marie
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2016-01-08 22:38:57 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Marie Marie wrote:

Right, so this isn't actually an F&I thread and is actually a Mad 'cuz Bad whine thread, then, yes?

They have a use. They just don't do what you want, which is apparently, "Completely, and with trivial ease, prevent any and all hotdrops now and forever merely at the press of a button."

They would be useful if deployed from a interdictor of heavy interdictor like they deploy bubbles.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#20 - 2016-01-09 20:10:14 UTC
Marie Marie wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Marie Marie wrote:

They would be useful if deployed from a interdictor of heavy interdictor like they deploy bubbles.

because that's what you have in your ship maint bay - I'm pretty damn sure a cyno inhib will cover a warp-out run

seriously - what is wrong with the suggestion of tipping off your campers favourite enemy?
if you manage to set up a kill with that many supers, you'd probably be blue forever to whoever you tipped off.

can you not just JC out of the station?

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

12Next page