These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Heavy Defense Support T2 BS

Author
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#21 - 2016-01-04 19:04:44 UTC
So it forces all ships to have a maximum of 1 locked target? And then I just warp into C5, let my BS tank all rats and gankers while my alt nukes everything with full damage mods on lows and mids. Sweet...
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#22 - 2016-01-04 19:19:51 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
This idea is just bad. It won't make the game more fun or more interesting. If it takes a Dreadnought to break it, then it is OP for small scale fights. At the large scale it will just be a useless HP wall that will have to get killed.

Or force the fleet up against one to move in on top of it and take out his allies.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#23 - 2016-01-04 19:24:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarisen Gream
Riot Girl wrote:
So it forces all ships to have a maximum of 1 locked target? And then I just warp into C5, let my BS tank all rats and gankers while my alt nukes everything with full damage mods on lows and mids. Sweet...

Not really - it prevents any target locks on ships with in the AOE by ships out side it; and redirects the lock to the BS.

Command destroyers could jump in and then jump out taking all this pretty over DPS ships with no tank out of their little salty net. Or they could jump in and fight at near point blank.

Or use Neuts to drain his cap

Or disengage and wait for them on another field of battle.

-- I thought of PVE aspects, but as EVE ships are balanced for PVP over PVE I did not include them. I am sure CCP could tweak AIs to counter such an approach for PVE. Plus you have the time gap between ending and starting a new cycle - which I changed to 300 seconds or 5 minutes.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#24 - 2016-01-04 19:47:12 UTC
Helios Panala wrote:
"Safety bubble" already has a precedent in the Eve Universe though.

I suppose the only real difference would be whether the proposed Battleship protects against bombs or not.

Didn't see this post - bombs are uneffected, as they don't require target locks. Just think how fun bombing wings would be vs these things.

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#25 - 2016-01-04 19:51:52 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
This idea is just bad. It won't make the game more fun or more interesting. If it takes a Dreadnought to break it, then it is OP for small scale fights. At the large scale it will just be a useless HP wall that will have to get killed.

Small gangs would just blue ball it, and large fleets would have the counters. Ether neut it like every other ship in game, drop in on top of it and fight or jump in and jump out via Command Destroyers, taking every ship but the BS along for a death ride.

Alexhandr Shkarov
The MorningStar. Syndicate
#26 - 2016-01-04 20:32:58 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:

Small gangs would just blue ball it, and large fleets would have the counters. Ether neut it like every other ship in game, drop in on top of it and fight or jump in and jump out via Command Destroyers, taking every ship but the BS along for a death ride.

Not only that, but it directly contradicts the goal of CCP to reduce the idea of anchoring and such in favour of pilot-skill.

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Helios Panala
#27 - 2016-01-04 22:12:29 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
*Looks at the list of penalties for using this ship.*

Here's a thought. If you have to pile that many penalties onto a ship in order to balance out the opness, it's probably not a good idea to start with.

This is a tried and true rule for Eve ship design.

It currently has one penalty...

Even the original proposal only had 2 definite penalties.
Previous page12