These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Micro Jump Field Generator

Author
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#21 - 2015-12-29 17:27:55 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Dr Cedric wrote:
The arguement seems valid,

What if instead of him being a PvPer in low sec that likes to play station games, it is a noob Null-pilot trying to peak his head out to see if that red is on station or not?


Is there some wildly compelling reason your hypothetical newb can't stick his head out, check for the red, then redock while still in his invuln timer?

This isn't really a post about the MJFG, it's a post about someone blaming their own poor decisions on the MJFG.

Contrary to the OP's claims, there was quite a lot he could have done to avoid this loss.

It wasn't the MJFG that prevented him from redocking - that was almost certainly because he allowed himself to float out of the docking ring, given his admission that he had to reapproach the station.

He "knew" he was going to be ambushed, so he could have simply stopped ship or even reapproached the station prematurely to avoid leaving the ring.

The OP couldn't have done a better job of setting himself up if he had made a deliberate, concerted effort to do so.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Dr Cedric
Independent Miners Corporation
#22 - 2015-12-30 20:30:51 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Dr Cedric wrote:
The arguement seems valid,

What if instead of him being a PvPer in low sec that likes to play station games, it is a noob Null-pilot trying to peak his head out to see if that red is on station or not?


Is there some wildly compelling reason your hypothetical newb can't stick his head out, check for the red, then redock while still in his invuln timer?

This isn't really a post about the MJFG, it's a post about someone blaming their own poor decisions on the MJFG.

Contrary to the OP's claims, there was quite a lot he could have done to avoid this loss.

It wasn't the MJFG that prevented him from redocking - that was almost certainly because he allowed himself to float out of the docking ring, given his admission that he had to reapproach the station.

He "knew" he was going to be ambushed, so he could have simply stopped ship or even reapproached the station prematurely to avoid leaving the ring.

The OP couldn't have done a better job of setting himself up if he had made a deliberate, concerted effort to do so.



So, it would seem there needs to be an explanation then:

Does the MJFG stop docking during invuln timer, if so, is that intended.
Does the MFJG stop docking after the invuln timer if the ship would otherwise be able to dock. If so, is that intended?
Should using a MFJG give the CD pilot a timer of some sort?

Cedric

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-12-30 20:34:04 UTC
It should very much flag someone so I can shoot the prick without being shot by gate/station guns.
RcTamiya
Magister Mortalis.
#24 - 2015-12-31 07:54:33 UTC
Dr Cedric wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Dr Cedric wrote:
The arguement seems valid,

What if instead of him being a PvPer in low sec that likes to play station games, it is a noob Null-pilot trying to peak his head out to see if that red is on station or not?


Is there some wildly compelling reason your hypothetical newb can't stick his head out, check for the red, then redock while still in his invuln timer?

This isn't really a post about the MJFG, it's a post about someone blaming their own poor decisions on the MJFG.

Contrary to the OP's claims, there was quite a lot he could have done to avoid this loss.

It wasn't the MJFG that prevented him from redocking - that was almost certainly because he allowed himself to float out of the docking ring, given his admission that he had to reapproach the station.

He "knew" he was going to be ambushed, so he could have simply stopped ship or even reapproached the station prematurely to avoid leaving the ring.

The OP couldn't have done a better job of setting himself up if he had made a deliberate, concerted effort to do so.



So, it would seem there needs to be an explanation then:

Does the MJFG stop docking during invuln timer, if so, is that intended.
Does the MFJG stop docking after the invuln timer if the ship would otherwise be able to dock. If so, is that intended?
Should using a MFJG give the CD pilot a timer of some sort?



mdjg only affects you, after your invu timer.
it does not jump you away when the server set you into invu state when docking, attention here serverticks CAN screw you....
RealFlisker
Ghetto Sultans
#25 - 2016-01-01 16:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: RealFlisker
Seems I've not completely explained myself here.

I was not outside docking range. Any closer to station, I might aswell have been the station.
The moment the MJDG was activated, I could not dock. So no time to react, what so ever.

I was not playing station games. I undocked once before gang arrived. As soon as the full gang appeared, the dock button was pressed.
TiDi, lag, what ever you want to call it, during the spool up I could not dock. I was not flagged so should have been able to dock.

Was this the intention of the MJDG that during spool up your basically trapped?
Iain Cariaba
#26 - 2016-01-01 17:50:00 UTC
RealFlisker wrote:
Seems I've not completely explained myself here.

I was not outside docking range. Any closer to station, I might aswell have been the station.
The moment the MJDG was activated, I could not dock. So no time to react, what so ever.

I was not playing station games. I undocked once before gang arrived. As soon as the full gang appeared, the dock button was pressed.
TiDi, lag, what ever you want to call it, during the spool up I could not dock. I was not flagged so should have been able to dock.

Was this the intention of the MJDG that during spool up your basically trapped?

So you undocked, sat on the undock while your invul timer expired, let the enemy fleet all arrive on grid while you sat hovering over the dock button, and let a ship you knew could pull you off the undock get close enough to do so?

1. You were playing station games.
2. You pretty much did everything you could wrong in that situation.
3. Yeah, seems to be working as intended.
Draksi Vonholle
Australian Belt Strippers
Warped Intentions
#27 - 2016-01-02 02:38:13 UTC
Op, I can see your argument. Nobody likes being ambushed and forced into combat unprepared, but that is life and its up to you to not hit that undock button. On that note, I think undocking with an active kill-right and enemies in system is a sure way to get your ass handed to you, new module or not.

I'm sure this module will be used and abused in far more entertaining ways than just spoiling the fun of the station-carebear crowd.

A question: Why don't stations have windows that we can use look out to see all the nasties?

Also WTF happened with ambulation? If someone is hiding in the station, shouldn't we be able to dock up, find them and kick them in the face. Or at least petition the station to boot them out of the hangar. That'd be truly hilarious.
  • May your ships be shiny and your asteroids be huge.
Iain Cariaba
#28 - 2016-01-02 07:35:01 UTC
Draksi Vonholle wrote:
A question: Why don't stations have windows that we can use look out to see all the nasties?

Because we have undock invulnerability? You undock, have a good look at the overview, and dock back up if you don't like what's there, all while being in zero danger thanks tonthat invul timer. There's zero need for some "window" to look out of.
Etheoma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2016-01-02 09:11:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Etheoma
You ever head of insta undocks, pings and station invulnerability timers before, so you can't sit on 0 of the station with impunity anymore... WHA WHA WHAAA, I can't play station games the exact same way I used to WAAA.

You gonna complain about bubbles next...

I personally find the command destroyers to be awesome for 2 reasons it makes playing station games 10% harder and makes camping a high sec WH on a low/null/WHS side 10% harder. All you have to look out for a command destroyer and your still safe as houses.

THe command destroyers are still not strong counters to those methods if your any where near a competent pilot who is paying attention its trivially easy to avoid being jumped off a Station or WH. And the biggest fights the corporation I belong to has had with nullsecers has been sitting on a WH with a bubble up so we can retreat easily as long as we can hold the line.

Throw 2 - 3 command destroyers at that and you have ruined our day, so its not like Wormholers are not affected by the command destroyers, but I do think it is an interesting and fun addition to the game even if it does make some tactics I use less effective.

Actually the fact that it throws a wrench into some tactics is why I like them.

Edit; although I must say I do think there should be a counter to MJD's / MJFG say for example Mobile Cynosural Inhibitors stopping MJD's and MJFG's also, because that would give you the ability to dig your self in somewhere, given the 2 minute activation duration thats the only real use for that.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#30 - 2016-01-02 16:12:58 UTC
One of my corpmates has started undocking a capital ship whenever he wants to see what is outside the station. Works pretty well.

I tend to avoid being docked unless I have to be - always be undocked and ready for PVP, cuts down on 90% of your issues.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#31 - 2016-01-02 16:14:28 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
It should very much flag someone so I can shoot the prick without being shot by gate/station guns.


This is obviously not an issue in 0.0, but this seems like a good change for Low Sec. Fully supported.

PS - or just get rid of the stupid gate and station guns in Low Sec. Always hated them...

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#32 - 2016-01-03 06:15:45 UTC
People this is the real issue.
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
If it blocks docking on spool up then I'd say that's wrong or at least probably not working as intended as it'll be a first where YOUR action can stop THEM docking.


Dr Cedric wrote:
Does the MJFG stop docking during invuln timer, if so, is that intended.
Does the MFJG stop docking after the invuln timer if the ship would otherwise be able to dock. If so, is that intended?
These are the questions we need answered. That info is certainly not in the Show Info screen for the item.

Dr Cedric wrote:
Should using a MFJG give the CD pilot a timer of some sort?
Using the drive on another play should probably trigger a suspect timer, the exception being used on a corp member with FF allowed.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#33 - 2016-01-03 06:43:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Arya Regnar
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
RealFlisker wrote:
I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec.
But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp.
Quoting for hilarity.

Laugh of the day.

They should rename the MJFG into t2 tear harvesting module.Lol

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#34 - 2016-01-03 17:34:13 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Kyra Lee wrote:
are the questions we need answered. That info is certainly not in the Show Info screen for the item.



It absolutely does not prevent others from docking during its spoolup (it does prevent YOU from docking, though).

This is a thread about user-error while playing station games.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Wolf Lafisques
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2016-01-03 22:52:33 UTC
RealFlisker wrote:
I thought pvp was about choice.


It is about choice, my friend. It is about choice. You can choose to play a different game with different pvp mechanics. My question for you is this: If you KNEW the attack was going to happen, why did you piddle about instead of docking up immediately when you saw a Curse waiting for you on grid?

And another question. Why should other players who enjoy the mechanics of Eve be forced to adopt a different play style because you are stupid? I'd -1 this, but there is literally no negative numerical value that would do this post justice.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#36 - 2016-01-04 00:31:07 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
RealFlisker wrote:
I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec.
But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp.
Quoting for hilarity.

Laugh of the day.

They should rename the MJFG into t2 tear harvesting module.Lol

Tear2 Harvesting module
RcTamiya
Magister Mortalis.
#37 - 2016-01-04 13:00:04 UTC
What if T2 bubbles from a hic prevent everything from beeing jumped via mjdg? :P
Of course you can easy kill them within 30 seconds (cycletime without heat), but that might be an approach which is at least giving us a counter, able to react quick nough, however the hic will 100% die ...
Maybe shorter cycletimes?!
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#38 - 2016-01-04 14:57:50 UTC
RcTamiya wrote:
What if T2 bubbles from a hic prevent everything from beeing jumped via mjdg? :P
Of course you can easy kill them within 30 seconds (cycletime without heat), but that might be an approach which is at least giving us a counter, able to react quick nough, however the hic will 100% die ...
Maybe shorter cycletimes?!


Not needed. And no, my HIC will not die in 30 seconds, except against the larger fleets. All your change would do is make HIC's even more powerful.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Dean Wong
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2016-01-04 15:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Dean Wong
RealFlisker wrote:
I'm not one for complaint's, nor for posting much on the forums.

But today, this little module really **** me off.

I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where..
But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp.



Why force people into pvp?
I thought pvp was about choice. planning your attack, working out if you should engage
.




OK, those 2 sentences made me leave my work desk, go upstairs, fire up my computer, log in and reply.

Either this guy successfully trolled me with the quote of the year (2016), Shocked

OR

He redefined the definition of "ganking" in EVE online........... Lol

So YOU been forced into PVP is wrong.....Roll
but YOU forcing some helpless miner into combat by blowing up his defenceless mining ship is the right thing the do. What?
RainReaper
Bras-Tek Industries
Nefatari Union
#40 - 2016-01-04 15:16:30 UTC
...one we get citadels we can see what is outside where we are docked.
Previous page123Next page