These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Higgs Anchor bonus addition

Author
GoldSnake
Oblivion Watch
HYDRA RELOADED
#1 - 2016-01-02 19:20:21 UTC
The Higgs Anchor already states it interferes with the "energy field of space itself" I believe one good benefit we could get from it would be to disallow the ship it is fitted to from being jumped away by command destroyers. As the rig already hinders movement this should go along with the benefit while not allowing subcapitals to become jump immune without having heavy penalties.
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-01-02 19:41:15 UTC
This has been suggested before and while I think it's a decent idea that could be tweeked to work well the consensus was that it wasn't a good idea.

I would love to see these have SOME kind of effect on MJD, like a 15-25% reduction in jumped range per rig (25% would be for T2 rigs if we went that high). This way they wouldn't be immune but larger ships with 3 T1 rigs could survive after being jumped only 40km away while the destroyer jumps the full 100km. This should protect from the return of station games but still allow some measure of safety for those fitting multiple higgs rigs.
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#3 - 2016-01-03 05:53:04 UTC
Lyra Gerie wrote:
This has been suggested before and while I think it's a decent idea that could be tweeked to work well the consensus was that it wasn't a good idea.

I would love to see these have SOME kind of effect on MJD, like a 15-25% reduction in jumped range per rig (25% would be for T2 rigs if we went that high). This way they wouldn't be immune but larger ships with 3 T1 rigs could survive after being jumped only 40km away while the destroyer jumps the full 100km. This should protect from the return of station games but still allow some measure of safety for those fitting multiple higgs rigs.

Currently we can only fit 1 Higgs Anchor to a ship. I guess this could be modified as well.

What would happen to a ship with that uses its own MJD and a Higgs Anchor? Would it still take the same reduction in jump effectiveness? Another option is have the MJD take more time or more cap in order to move the ship the full distance.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#4 - 2016-01-03 06:28:00 UTC
Not sure I want gatecamps back, rigs would certainly see their use though.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-01-03 15:11:34 UTC
Kyra Lee wrote:
Lyra Gerie wrote:

Currently we can only fit 1 Higgs Anchor to a ship. I guess this could be modified as well.

What would happen to a ship with that uses its own MJD and a Higgs Anchor? Would it still take the same reduction in jump effectiveness? Another option is have the MJD take more time or more cap in order to move the ship the full distance.

True but distance is a much more tactical variable then cap and it looks more dynamic then just extending the time to jump. Besides how would time to jump work if there were multiple ships within the MJD range? As for a ship with higgs anchor they would see the reduction and probably could use that reduction to surprise people. MJD activates and suddenly the whole group only jumps 60km instead of 100km. This could also just mean that fitting a MJD and higgs makes you a special flower like those who dual tank or use multiple weapon systems on their ships.