These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Strategic Cruisers - specifically what fixes they need

Author
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2016-01-02 12:20:26 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

My battleships get between 900 and 2800 DPS.

Battleship with 2800 dps? fit please?
Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#22 - 2016-01-02 12:48:59 UTC
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

http://o.smium.org/new/1432463475451363328

Silly, but technically meets the requirements. I'd never be able to afford one.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#23 - 2016-01-02 13:38:25 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

http://o.smium.org/new/1432463475451363328

Silly, but technically meets the requirements. I'd never be able to afford one.

You can still obtain the damage you want your fitting screen to show with green magstabs and a drone damage amplifier and an armor tank that deserves the name.
Use Geckos, augmented orge, fed navy magstabs and there you go ~ 2500 or whatever dps.

By the way I always find it funny when I tell vindicator pilots I will sink their uber-dps boat in a regular tech one boat and I do. Ask around.

Reaver, I will have to come back to you on that. Just finished the last Legion subsystem book last week or so and haven't have the time to fiddle with fits.
A few days ago when my proteus died, it kinda didn't feel any kind of owerpowered or I would have killed that phoon, the drake, the rattlesnake, the broadsword and the curse.

People say a lot of things and I haven't flown a proteus much but the one billion boat died really quickly - even if the fitting screen told a different story.
I may only recall my experiences but overpowered does look very different to me.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#24 - 2016-01-02 16:48:31 UTC
Proposes nerfs to a very popular ship class. Then picks one of the weakest ships in this class as his example of a ship that needs nerfs. Then proposes nerfs to the least offensive subsystem. All hail our scanning Legion overlords! Ladies and Gentlemen, Reaver Glitterstim!

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#25 - 2016-01-02 16:57:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Rovinia
Perhaps T3 Cruisers should get "promoted" to Battlecruisers? Larger Sig Radius for better damage application on them, a bit slower align times, etc.

I think the overlap between HAC's and T3 cruisers is the main problem because they fill more or less the same role in a fleet.

One small niche the HAC has is it's high sensor strengh that makes it less vulnerable to jamming. Why not build up on that and give them some of the Electronic Warfare Resistances the Caps will get with the upcoming tiericide.

E-War is a very powerful aspect in eve and it would give the HAC a more specialized role compared to the more versatile T3's.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#26 - 2016-01-02 16:58:58 UTC
Since when have HAcs had roles?
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2016-01-02 17:13:28 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Since when have HAcs had roles?

They don't, but they have both good DPS and tank, T3s should have less tank and DPS than HACs.

Ultimately T3s should be balanced as a cruiser, sorry this means they might no longer be viable for C5 and C6 WHs.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2016-01-02 17:25:16 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Proposes nerfs to a very popular ship class. Then picks one of the weakest ships in this class as his example of a ship that needs nerfs. Then proposes nerfs to the least offensive subsystem. All hail our scanning Legion overlords! Ladies and Gentlemen, Reaver Glitterstim!

It's not my fault the Legion is the weakest, but if I'd picked the strongest you could have said that's actually the only one needing nerfs--but picking the weakest is the best because it really helps to drive my point home. But I didn't pick the Legion for its strengths or weaknesses, I picked it because it's the first in the list. I think I was pretty clear that all the strategic cruisers need this treatment.

I proposed a nerf to a subsystem you don't see as a problem. Maybe part of the problem is that there are overpowered subsystems not getting used due to the presence of subsystems that are even further overpowered. I don't just let them slide by because nobody "feels" like they are overpowered. When I see overpowered I point it out.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#29 - 2016-01-02 18:08:00 UTC
there are easily a dozen things that need changing for T3's too be anywhere near balanced.

- remove rigs
- remove T2 resists
- subs being bonus based only (possibly less bonuses than they have now)
- build stats/hardpoints etc into the hull
- remove SP penalty
- subs need too be cheap 2mil ish each
- reduce dps and EHP
- reduce cpu and pg
- reduce slots perhaps?
- maybe split cargohold in half and add subsystem and module bays too make cargobays less hectic for ease of sub/module switching
- e-war subs need some balancing
-perhaps inbuilt maintenance bay for sub/mod switching (instead of using mobile depots)

so point being at the end they could cost similar too T2 cruisers and have navy level tank and abilities (stats/bonuses) but with enhanced versatility with easily interchangeable subs (without rig restrictions and hefty priced subs and slots moving around with every sub change).

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

zbaaca
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#30 - 2016-01-02 23:16:39 UTC  |  Edited by: zbaaca
tengu so op so it can do 1570 dps. ShockedRoll

p.s. another "nerf t3"... Straight and nothing new past 3 years UghRoll

Bugs are opportunities to cause unprecedented amounts of destruction. --Zorgn ♡♡♡

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-01-02 23:49:49 UTC
zbaaca wrote:
and nothing new past 3 years UghRoll

That hurts.

Did you not read my forum post? I put out quite a few of my own ideas which I've never heard from anyone else.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

zbaaca
#32 - 2016-01-03 00:04:17 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:

That hurts.

Did you not read my forum post? I put out quite a few of my own ideas which I've never heard from anyone else.

yep , also laughed about
Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization: NERF
you've clearly never used missilesBig smile

if you think that you are first one to get some smart ideas - go get in line P

Bugs are opportunities to cause unprecedented amounts of destruction. --Zorgn ♡♡♡

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#33 - 2016-01-03 03:05:29 UTC
Here's my proposal for this; i've had a lot of time to think about this over the years (balance and build crafting are my forte anyway) so hopefully this sounds acceptable:

-Strategic Cruisers are to be renamed Strategic Battlecruisers.
-All Strategic Battlecruisers have their signature radii brought up to battlecruiser size, so 190 or higher.
-All Strategic Battrlecuisers have their base warp speeds brought down to 2.7, excepting gravitational capactitor subsystems.
-All Strategic Battlecruisers Receive a 20% base hp increase to their defensive subsystems, bringing them *close* to base battlecruiser hp.
-Ability to fit Warfare Processors is removed from the subsystem and granted as a basic, unbonused ability to the hull.

Defensive Subsystems
-Adaptive Augmenter/Shielding are the only subs that retains full t2 resists.
-Active armor or shield repair systems get their hp per cycle knocked down to 7.5% per level.
-Warfare Processor gets removed and gets replaced with a Logistics Optimization subsystem, which obtains similar or reduced capabilities as t1 logistics cruisers.
-Loki's Amplification Node subsystem now mirrors the Tengu's for active shield repair.

Offensive Subsystems
-No offensive subsystem will retain 3 bonuses. Range bonuses (excepting the tengu's bonuses to hybrids) will be removed from them and ported into the former Covert Reconfig sub's bonuses.
-Covert Reconfiguration subsystem functions get moved into the Locus Coordinator electronics subsystem, and subsequent bonuses. Liquid Crystal Magnifier on Legion retain damage and optimal range bonus, whilst the new sub to replace the covert sub receives firing rate and tracking speed.
-Loki's Hardpoint efficiency config receives 2 additional turret and missile hardpoints, but goes down to a 5% firing rate per level for each.
-Replacement for covert sub on loki gets missile explosive damage and optimal range.
-Replacement for covert sub on Tengu gains a missile optimal range and a 10% kinetic damage bonus
-Accelerated Ejection bay on Tengu loses its kinetic damage bonus.
-Hybrid Propulsion Armature on the Proteus exchanges its falloff bonus for an optimal range bonus, as well as a low slot for an additional high slot and turret hardpoint.
-Dissonic Encoding platform loses its falloff range bonus, and gains the drone bandwidth and bay from Hybrid Propulsion Armature.
-Drone Synthesis projector has its damage and HP bonuses moulded into one 10% damage and hp per level, while receiving a 5% bonus to drone tracking speed and mwd speed. This applies to the Legion as well.
-Rifling Launcher Pattern loses its ECM bonus in favor of an explosion radius bonus.

Electronic Sybsystems
-All Emergent Locus Analyzer subsystems receive the covert ops abilities from the former covops sub.
-Energy Parasitic Complex gains a 20% bonus to energy neutralizer and energy nosferatu optimal and falloff range per level.
-Obfuscation Manifold retains the jam strength bonus of the Rifling Launcher Pattern that was removed from it.
-Tactical Targeting Network gains a 7.5% bonus to target painter strength, including the Amarr variant.

Propulsion Subsystems
-Wake Limiter subsystem bonus is increased to 15% per level

Engineering Subsystems
-All capacitor amount and recharge values are averaged between the four engineering subsystems.
-All combat bonuses and turret/missile hardpoint additions are appropriated into the Supplemental Coolant Injector.
-Proteus' Augmented Capacitor Resevoir now receives the same bonuses as its other racial counterparts.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#34 - 2016-01-03 05:15:49 UTC
I feel that the probe bonus should go the other way around.

I feel only having two ships that can effectively for combat probes is too few. The bonus should be expanded to other ships, or the fitting requirements changed.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2016-01-03 06:47:51 UTC
zbaaca wrote:
you've clearly never used missiles

I have used missiles quite a bit. It's not my fault a lot of people don't know how they work.

There's a reason the Tengu remained the strongest strategic cruiser even after it received the heaviest nerfs, and it's not because of railguns.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2016-01-03 08:15:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
Catherine Laartii wrote:
-Warfare Processor gets removed and gets replaced with a Logistics Optimization subsystem, which obtains similar or reduced capabilities as t1 logistics cruisers.

They already have a logistics subsystem but it's weak. I think logi modules need a buff to base attributes and logi ships need a huge nerf, especially T2 logi.

Here's an idea for subsystems:
In each one I give 3 cruiser types and 2 battlecruiser types. The battlecruiser subs come with appropriate benefits and drawbacks. If you fit all cruiser subs, you get a cruiser. If you fit all battlecruiser subs, you get a battlecruiser. But you can fit somewhere in between if you like.

Legion
Defensive

• armor resists, low base HP
  • armor resists, high base HP, adds sig radius, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • remote armor and remote capacitor bonus, low base HP
  • armor repair, low base HP
  • armor hit points, high base HP, adds sig radius, +1 ganglink (unbonused)

Electronics

• bonus to scan res+targeting range+sensor strength, high base scan res
  • bonus to scan res+targeting range+sensor strength, high base CPU+targeting range+sensor strength, adds sig radius, +1 slot
  • bonus to probes+tractor beams+virus coherence, high base scan res
  • bonus to weapon disruptor, high base scan res
  • bonus to neuts/vamps, high base CPU+targeting range+sensor strength, adds sig radius, +1 slot

Engineering

• capacitor amount skill bonus, low base capacitor amount and powergrid
  • capacitor amount skill bonus, high base capacitor amount and powergrid, increases mass, +1 slot
  • powergrid skill bonus, low base capacitor amount and powergrid
  • powergrid skill bonus, high base capacitor amount and powergrid, increases mass, +1 slot
  • heat damage reduction, low base capacitor amount and powergrid

Offensive

• laser damage, 5 guns
  • laser damage, 7 guns, increases mass, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • drone damage, big drone bay, mixed 5 highs unbonused
  • armored warfare link bonus, big drone bay, 7 highs with 5 turrets, increases mass, +1 ganglink
  • laser range, 5 highs with 4 guns, covert ops bonuses

Propulsion

• velocity bonus, high base speed and agility
  • agility bonus, high base speed and agility
  • velocity bonus, low base speed and agility, increases hit points, allows MMJD, +1 slot
  • agility bonus, low base speed and agility, increases hit points, allows MMJD, +1 slot
  • warp speed bonus, medium base speed and agility, interdiction nullification, -1 slot

Tengu
Defensive

• shield resists, low base HP
  • shield resists, high base HP, adds sig radius, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • remote shield and remote capacitor bonus, low base HP
  • shield boost, low base HP
  • shield hit points, high base HP, adds sig radius, +1 ganglink (unbonused)

Electronics

• bonus to scan res+targeting range+sensor strength, high base CPU+targeting range+sensor strength, adds sig radius, +1 slot
  • bonus to ECM jammer, high base scan res
  • bonus to ECM jammer, high base CPU+targeting range+sensor strength, adds sig radius, +1 slot

Engineering

• capacitor amount skill bonus, high base capacitor amount and powergrid, increases mass, +1 slot
  • powergrid skill bonus, high base capacitor amount and powergrid, increases mass, +1 slot

Offensive

• missile damage, 5 launchers
  • missile damage, 7 launchers, increases mass, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • hybrid range, 5 guns
  • siege warfare link bonus, small drone bay, 7 highs with 5 turrets and 5 launchers, increases mass, +1 ganglink
  • missile velocity, 5 highs with 4 launchers, covert ops bonuses

Propulsion

• velocity bonus, low base speed and agility, increases hit points, allows MMJD, +1 slot
  • agility bonus, low base speed and agility, increases hit points, allows MMJD, +1 slot
  • warp speed bonus, medium base speed and agility, interdiction nullification, -1 slot

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2016-01-03 08:17:58 UTC
Proteus
Defensive

• armor repair, low base HP
  • armor repair, high base HP, adds sig radius, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • remote armor bonus and cap cost reduction, low base HP
  • resists, low base HP

Electronics

• bonus to sensor dampener, high base scan res
  • bonus to warp disruptor range, high base CPU+targeting range+sensor strength, adds sig radius, +1 slot

Engineering

Offensive

• drone damage, big drone bay, 4 high slots with 3 turrets
  • drone damage, bigger drone bay, 6 high slots with 5 turrets, increases mass, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • hybrid damage, 5 highs, 4 guns plus small drone bay
  • information warfare link bonus, 7 slots with 5 guns and big drone bay, increases mass, +1 ganglink
  • hybrid falloff, 5 highs with 4 guns, covert ops bonuses

Propulsion

Loki
Defensive

• shield boost, low base HP
  • shield boost, high base HP, adds sig radius, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • remote shield bonus and cap cost reduction, low base HP
  • resists, low base HP

Electronics

• bonus to target painter, high base scan res
  • bonus to web range, high base CPU+targeting range+sensor strength, adds sig radius, +1 slot

Engineering

Offensive

• missile damage, 5 launchers
  • projectile damage, 7 highs, 6 guns, small drone bay, increases mass, +1 ganglink (unbonused)
  • projectile tracking, 5 highs, 4 guns, small drone bay, increases velocity a bit
  • skirmish warfare link bonus, medium drone bay, 7 highs with 5 turrets and 2 launchers, increases mass, +1 ganglink
  • projectile falloff, 5 highs with 4 guns, covert ops bonuses

Propulsion

zbaaca
#38 - 2016-01-03 09:24:41 UTC

I have used missiles quite a bit. It's not my fault a lot of people don't know how they work.

quite a bit , is that how much ? do even have 10kk in missiles to start talking about them ?

There's a reason the Tengu remained the strongest strategic cruiser even after it received the heaviest nerfs, and it's not because of railguns.

remind me which ones. as i recall only common ehp nerf . HM castration , and med rails nerf were common ones

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#39 - 2016-01-03 10:10:46 UTC
My take on it would be drop max dmg bar to below 600dps( 2 dmg mod + implants) for most subsystems combos exception being Proteus due to blasters it should reach almost 700.(4 guns/missiles hard points tops)

Then work on other subsystems and buff them example loki missile system buff it to ~600dps or legion drone subsystem buff it to where crystal mag or assault sub is ie ~600dps do that for all of em and versatility in weapon choices starts to kick in no more single sub for dps and rest is ...well garbage.

To compensate drop to mediocre cruiser DPS all of them would have plethora of high slots in any combination so one can further utilize ships new founded versatility/utility.

I personally would not touch resists or their tanks in general to see how changes would go and then if they prove that even with mediocre dmg their tanks are still an issue then i would look at limiting how many large extenders 1600mm plates pilot would be able to fit via pg nerfs(sub) since max turret / missile hard point is 4 max pg could be lowered so ridiculous tank fits are less possible.

Out right Nerf to all things is something i cant stand behind.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#40 - 2016-01-03 11:47:13 UTC
I honestly feel like T3 cruisers are in a pretty decent spot right now. They are viable as a high end fleet composition, but have counters. And they have some uses in nearly every part of space. I just do not see them as cancerous or so obviously superior to every other possible ship at every possible role. Frankly, if they are a better choice than the Zealot or the Eagle, I am okay with that, because those ships are fairly weak.

Unlike some, I am unwilling to gut what is left of WH space in order to put T3 cruisers in a neat spot between T1 and T2 just because that is where someone thought they should be. For the next iteration of T3 cruiser adjustments, I am all in favor of making them closer to Battlecruisers in sig radius and speed, but also making the weaker subsystems more viable options.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.