These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Satisfaction... So i can get my Satisfaction

Author
Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-12-29 22:52:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Emperor Furiosa
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Please measure your Eve Online Satisfaction level from 1 to 5

Need clarification. Whats the low/high on this thing? Is it about Eve satisfying me... or me satisfying Eve? I mean... dont get me wrong.. I try.. lord do I try.. at times the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised..

Let's say 1 is not satisfying at all and 5 you got max level of satisfaction from playing Eve, since Eve doesn't play you.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#22 - 2015-12-29 23:46:52 UTC
2.25 and dropping

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#23 - 2015-12-30 00:41:26 UTC

I'm still eft-ing stuff at when when I get a break. And there are times when I play, figure out some new thing (ie someone else figures it out and I steal the idea like I thought of it 1st) and have the same nerdgasm I had on day one.

Life is short and you only get one, wasting it on anything lower than 5 is stupid as all hell IMO.
Solecist Project
#24 - 2015-12-30 01:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Please measure your Eve Online Satisfaction level from 1 to 5

Need clarification. Whats the low/high on this thing? Is it about Eve satisfying me... or me satisfying Eve? I mean... dont get me wrong.. I try.. lord do I try.. at times the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised..

Let's say 1 is not satisfying at all and 5 you got max level of satisfaction from playing Eve, since Eve doesn't play you.

I disagree.

Considering that we all are EVE and that, whenever we stare at the screen, we stare at EVE ...
... and that the game is made by its players, who one interacts with through the screen ...
... through EVE ...
... then I'd say EVE plays us all, even when we're not logged in.

Further proof tthat EVE plays us can be found simply by looking at my sig. :)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Luke Skywalking
C0NC0RD Branch Office
#25 - 2015-12-30 01:55:40 UTC
5 now (most of the time) cause I just earned my first billion within a month and having so much fun in my Gila mission-ing.

3 when every time I go on chat someone with "Darth" or "Vader" in their name says they are my Father.

It's confusing.

1 during 5mins downtime .

Big smile

No one method is the right method, nor the wrong method.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2015-12-30 03:09:25 UTC
Uhh...

It's kinda like smoking.

I enjoy it, but I don't know why I enjoy it.
I want to quit, but I can't quit.
There are times where I don't think I can go on, yet I continue to go on.
I know it's not good for my health, but I don't care.
I think I can cut back, but then I end up indulging more.
I hate when I lose, yet I continue to buy

Basically, I hate everything about Eve, yet I continue to play..

I want to say it's a 1, but I obviously can't or I wouldn't be here, But I also can't say it's a 5 because I absolutely hate everything about it..

WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU DAMMIT!!!
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-12-30 03:10:18 UTC
Emperor Furiosa wrote:

I would argue that Eve does play you...
Avvy
Doomheim
#28 - 2015-12-30 03:44:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
So you're not rating the game, just your satisfaction with it.

In that case it would be a 1.

Edit:

Now if I was to rate the game, I'd give it a 3 out of 5.
Max Muni
Muni Corp
#29 - 2015-12-30 16:39:52 UTC
5 Being Best....

Space Game Genre = 4
Play Styles Accommodated = 2
Player Base = 2
Addiction Level = 5
Long Term Value = 0

Overall = 2.6

Currently feel the game is balanced for PVP, but not PVA.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-12-30 17:03:07 UTC
That's because it's a PVP game, with generic and repetitive PVE content provided as a filling. Just like PVE games like SWTOR have generic and repetitive PVP content for filling.

I rate 5. No hesitation, not at the moment, and I'm not easily satisfied. As someone that's always gone through a lot of games and grown bored of them rather quickly, many I haven't even finished before I moved on to something different, being here for even one year has already broken my record of time spent playing any one game. I'm coming up to four years in April 2016. I quiver to imagine what my Steam stats would show if I'd gotten this through that awful platform, but fortunately, I didn't take that route.

I've never met a more inclusive community of gamers. And when I finally understood the nature of EVE, and the paradox of it being that place where good people can do terrible things, I started to understand the playerbase as well, and when that happened, suddenly everyone made sense and was easier to get along with. When I first discovered this game, I was going through a crisis in my life, one that still haunts me to this day, but the people here who make this game what it is are the ones to thank for giving me this amazing single-shard experience that became the lifeline I was able to hang on to through some very rough waters.

It may even be that this game saved my life. I can't say for sure because I'm not sure how far I would have gone back then, but I know I sure as hell wasn't in a good place in my head. Despite the haunting nature of what happened, I am much more stable today, and much more secure as a person, although there is still work to be done. This game, though, and close new friends I made playing it, was responsible for the vast majority of my healing. Learning to overcome the difficulties here helped me learn to overcome them with more strength in real life. No, I worded that wrong - it helped me find the strength to overcome them in real life.

When I joined my first corp in this game, I was timid, I didn't want to cause trouble, and I did what I was told. Now, I won't join a corp unless they invite me and accept my terms. Part of that is because I've found my own feet in this game, and another part is because the people I WAS flying with for a few years, the best friends I've ever had, no longer play, and I don't really have a 'place' in this game at the moment. So I'm actually considering if I want to start creating places for new people in a new corp, or join someone already established that will let me take on a new player initiation and training role of some kind. Anyway, I digress. This is about satisfaction.

My brother summed it up the best for me a few days ago: "You know, without EVE, you'd actually be single." It was meant as a joke, but he's not far off the mark.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Nalia White
Tencus
#31 - 2015-12-30 19:12:34 UTC
the way our little group plays eve 5/5.

never had so much fun waiting for something to happen and then it finaly happens.

this is not a troll post btw.

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Erin Oswell
Cyno Enforcement Agency
#32 - 2015-12-30 19:13:03 UTC
Currently I'm a 4.

Mainly because I'm still a pretty new player having to do the early grind and the training which I've found limits the enjoyment somewhat as you have to wait days/weeks to make good progression SP wise. Though it's something I can live with when I look at all that Eve can offer in general.

Rules of Acquisition #13: "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money"

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2015-12-31 11:04:04 UTC
I'd say 4, I enjoy EVE very much these days with the changes and fixes, and the upcoming content excites me a lot!
Dalto Bane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-12-31 11:14:39 UTC
I rate my satisfaction with Eve a 5 during the high traffic times, and a 4-4.5 when it gets slow. Great game and have enjoyed if for years!

Drops Mic

Leila Meurtrier
Why Am I Not Surprised
#35 - 2015-12-31 11:35:02 UTC
It's (π^2)/3 +2 out of 5.

Why no straight answer? Because in EVE, one does not simply get to the spoils softly.
Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-12-31 14:41:01 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU DAMMIT!!!

Try remapping all your attributes into willpower.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2015-12-31 16:39:59 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
That's because it's a PVP game, with generic and repetitive PVE content provided as a filling. Just like PVE games like SWTOR have generic and repetitive PVP content for filling.

When that filling is basically 90% of the game, it's gotta be at least somewhat entertaining.

Yes, Eve is generally a PVP centric game, but you have to go through PVE in order to fund pvp.

Even flying 1 lvl 1 mission takes longer than losing the frig you bought from it.
If you want to pvp in a t1 BS, you'd need to run incursions for at least 2 hours, yet can be destroyed in 10 seconds without even killing anyone.
Sure, there are those that are REALLY good at station trading, but it still takes longer than losing the ship.
And there may be those that are really good at scamming, but it still takes longer than losing a ship.

So, if 90% of your time is spent earning for pvp, and only 10% actually spent in pvp, you might want to make the filler more entertaining..

Or maybe make everything cost less so there's less grinding and more pvp.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2015-12-31 16:49:41 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

When that filling is basically 90% of the game

Roll

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Brigadine Ferathine
Presumed Dead Enterprises
Against ALL Authorities.
#39 - 2016-01-01 08:21:44 UTC
1- due to emptiness and ship spinning caused by a lack of non blob warfare.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#40 - 2016-01-01 08:38:57 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Even flying 1 lvl 1 mission takes longer than losing the frig you bought from it.
If you want to pvp in a t1 BS, you'd need to run incursions for at least 2 hours, yet can be destroyed in 10 seconds without even killing anyone.

You just have to make the other guy lose his ship first. Then it's all good.

Like, if we are going for silly generalisations, may as well just also claim it's as easy as not being bad.
Previous page123Next page