These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WANTED - Unwanted

First post
Author
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-12-28 21:32:49 UTC
Dear CCP devs,

Some person just ran through the system I where I play and put a bounty on everybody there. The bounty is a pittance. It's not worth the amount of ammo it would take to get any of the ships down. But, now, we all get to see a ridiculous red WANTED on our portraits. We know we aren't wanted. We know there's nothing serious behind this vandalization. And, we know it's like spray painting "nutz" on our front doors and the cops won't let us paint it out.

If you aren't going to get rid of your laughable bounty system, at LEAST get rid of that ridiculous WANTED on the portraits. The infantile adolescents whose mommies only let them game if they pay in PLEX think it's COOL. The rest of us just hope the real Clint Eastwood doesn't see it and think we're running a nursery around here.

Enough is enough. It's difficult to convince mature, credit card bearing gamers that EVE is a good idea when infantile crap springs up left and right, with no rational explanation but for "Somebody has a weird sense of humor." That may be critical stuff to YOU, but to people making a monthly PURCHASE (and not with PLEX) enduring someone's sick idea of a joke isn't on the "buy" list.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2015-12-28 22:07:36 UTC
I remember something a DEV said when the bounty system was first introduced.

Something along the lines of, "people were complaining about how the new system didn't 'matter'... but then they would turn around and get so mad when a big 'WANTED' sign popped up on their characters, prompting them to put bounties on others or to do something about it.
"I'd say the new system did exactly what it was supposed to do... get people interacting more."
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2015-12-28 22:46:10 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
The infantile adolescents whose mommies only let them game if they pay in PLEX think it's COOL.

I think that kind of people are the once keeping WoW alive nowadays... Those you do find here are all in CODE.
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-12-29 10:48:38 UTC
So what new feature or idea are you presenting? What fix to a problem are you giving to our consideration?

I don't see any. I see alot of whining.

I agree, the bounty system is pretty pointless. But what consideration have you put into WHY it is the way it is? HOW you might fix it? WHAT circumstances could merit placing a bounty to begin with? No, you haven't.

So what? You have a 'wanted' on your face. Are you so mentally/emotionally inferior that you can't deal with it? If it bothers you so bad, you have the option of clearing it by losing ship.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-12-29 11:44:49 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:
So what new feature or idea are you presenting? What fix to a problem are you giving to our consideration?

I don't see any. I see alot of whining.

I agree, the bounty system is pretty pointless. But what consideration have you put into WHY it is the way it is? HOW you might fix it? WHAT circumstances could merit placing a bounty to begin with? No, you haven't.

So what? You have a 'wanted' on your face. Are you so mentally/emotionally inferior that you can't deal with it? If it bothers you so bad, you have the option of clearing it by losing ship.

I guess you missed the point...as though this post of yours isn't whining about "whining". Get rid of it. That's new. And guess what. It won't take a talented dev to do it.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#6 - 2015-12-29 11:47:31 UTC
What an annoying thread.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#7 - 2015-12-29 15:05:48 UTC
reported as a non-idea-proposing post/troll post

OP - if the 'wanted' bothers you so much, go out and die in a T2 fit frigate, it'd probably wipe the bounty off your head quite quickly...... you never know, you might even have fun doing so, or accept one of the duelists at a market hub.....

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#8 - 2015-12-29 15:18:45 UTC
Well, you're crying, OCD buttercup, so it seems to be working.

Time to place a bounty on you every week until the end of time.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

NekoKitten
Neko Industry 'n' PvE
#9 - 2015-12-29 15:38:09 UTC
Welcome to Eve, where you can also find trolls. (not just in WoW)
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#10 - 2015-12-29 15:54:07 UTC
It would be much more useful if each player could set a threshold (in isk) before Wanted appeared on any portraits. Because face it, if you truly were a bounty hunter, then would you care if a guy with a 100k bounty has one?

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#11 - 2015-12-29 15:54:19 UTC
NekoKitten wrote:

I feel compelled to comment.

Bumble's Space Log

Solecist Project
#12 - 2015-12-29 16:30:15 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
NekoKitten wrote:

I feel compelled to comment.

Thanks for linking to this hilarious comedy! :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#13 - 2015-12-29 16:32:50 UTC
Always a pleasure, never a chore! :))

Now, time to 'bountyise' a certain someone...

Bumble's Space Log

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#14 - 2015-12-29 16:33:15 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
reported as a non-idea-proposing post/troll post

OP - if the 'wanted' bothers you so much, go out and die in a T2 fit frigate, it'd probably wipe the bounty off your head quite quickly...... you never know, you might even have fun doing so, or accept one of the duelists at a market hub.....
Your "helpful" suggestion was filed in the round file where it belongs. Thank you ever so much.

Solecist Project
#15 - 2015-12-29 16:34:31 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Always a pleasure, never a chore! :))

Now, time to 'bountyise' a certain someone...

We should roam ....

How about the two of us in ... say... an hour?

We'd have tons of fun together ..........

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#16 - 2015-12-29 16:38:05 UTC
That's a grand idea! Unfortunately, I have an appointment (for moustachio waxing) in about an hour and a half, so will have to reschedule for another time. But that's an excellent suggestion :)

Bumble's Space Log

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#17 - 2015-12-29 16:45:04 UTC
I actually have a suggestion for this, like a serious one. They should have it so only the top X (like 500, 1000, or something) players actually get a wanted label. This would get rid of wanted labels for people with low bounties, getting rid of some crying, as well as adding a bit of competition for those who want to be labelled as wanted.

FIXED!

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#18 - 2015-12-29 17:32:01 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
I actually have a suggestion for this, like a serious one. They should have it so only the top X (like 500, 1000, or something) players actually get a wanted label. This would get rid of wanted labels for people with low bounties, getting rid of some crying, as well as adding a bit of competition for those who want to be labelled as wanted.

FIXED!

no, go lose a ship to get rid of it, noob
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#19 - 2015-12-29 18:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
Our CEO put a big bounty on the nicest player in our corporation. Just because he liked seeing the "wanted" on her image. The idea that this nice lady is somehow a notorious criminal, just tickles him pink.

It also totally inspired her to go lose a few more ships, which resulted in her getting some nice solo kills.

Welcome to Eve.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

GoodGreyer Ayderan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-12-29 20:52:00 UTC

Absolutely agree.

It's utterly stupid.

Perhaps the WANTED tag should only show up if you are in the top 50% of bounties. Or some other cut off, like a billion ISK bounty or higher.

12Next page