These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Command Destroyers

First post
Author
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#21 - 2015-12-28 19:01:57 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
Quote:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

I have removed some post and those referring to them for the above reasons. Please keep the discussion Civil and on topic.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-12-28 21:15:10 UTC
aside from scramblers and such has any one tried bumping these ships as they're spooling up? it's not a direct counter but if they launch you 100km and they're thrown off 45 or so degrees then they're trapped with you rather then you being trapped with them and their buddies.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#23 - 2015-12-28 23:36:34 UTC
First the tactical destroyers are a problem, now command destroyers are a problem and people complain about the solution..

You crazy kids really don't know what you want..

/whisper.. "We want a Confessor with a scram on..."

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#24 - 2015-12-29 00:44:51 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Does this qualify as a #firstworldbattleshipproblem ?LolLolLol

More like a #friendlessbattleshipproblem.

It's probably worth reading the AAR from Asher on yesterday's fight in Ikoskio and then the very relevant comments from Elise Randolph:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3yhfl6/my_ikoskio_aar_long_post_warning/

I would guess that Niraia is probably coming from a position of the experience in that fight and there is fairly wide agreement among large fleet FCs that the CDs are somewhat OP, which seems yo be are cent trend CCP have been on when introducing new ships.

Niraia is hardly one to cry and CFT are not without friends when they fight.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#25 - 2015-12-29 06:07:28 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Does this qualify as a #firstworldbattleshipproblem ?LolLolLol

More like a #friendlessbattleshipproblem.

It's probably worth reading the AAR from Asher on yesterday's fight in Ikoskio and then the very relevant comments from Elise Randolph:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3yhfl6/my_ikoskio_aar_long_post_warning/

I would guess that Niraia is probably coming from a position of the experience in that fight and there is fairly wide agreement among large fleet FCs that the CDs are somewhat OP, which seems yo be are cent trend CCP have been on when introducing new ships.

Niraia is hardly one to cry and CFT are not without friends when they fight.

Sorry for asking this but what does an ancillery armor rep have to to with a text and a compact disk with an "op"? Just need a clarification.

I'm genuine curious.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2015-12-29 06:19:48 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Sorry for asking this but what does an ancillery armor rep have to to with a text and a compact disk with an "op"? Just need a clarification.

I'm genuine curious.

I don't think you are. But just in case - AAR means after action report.

Riot Girl wrote:
With diminishing returns on fleets appearing soon, certainly seems that way

I second the question about this one. What change is being referred to?
Justin Cody
War Firm
#27 - 2015-12-29 06:21:01 UTC
gimme iwin button
Davian Thule Pirkibo
Arquebus Co.
Crimson Inquisicion
#28 - 2015-12-29 06:28:06 UTC
They are apart of ccpS war on the blob, good thing too, a lot of new possibilities , and an easy counter to protect your logis is to have fast tackle hunt down hostile cds* nullsec groups do that for hostile dictors already
RcTamiya
Magister Mortalis.
#29 - 2015-12-29 07:12:59 UTC
In 00 you may have counters, but have you seen what is possible in wspace with them?!
Of course due to lower numbers, it's rare to see more than 2-4 of them in a Fleetfight, however what are you doing if
1. your subcaps get MJDg away from your Triage?
2. your logis get MJDg away from your fleet?

Wspace doesn't have that much Pilots to have anti-CD-Interceptors on standby, in fact there were people saying a single hic might do the job .... a single Jammgu disagreed (Failcons work great too!).
in lower Numbers they're incredible difficult to counter, but also such an awesome toy to use against the blob :/

So yes in Theory in a perfect world you have scrambchains, anti-tackle on standby etc, but that's kinda difficult to setup in wspace, we use way too much neuting and ecm there to hunt our prey (unlike 00 with their high DPS in Fleets of >150), which is the counter to counter CDs, so now we have to bring the counter for CDs, together with the counter of hostiles counter to our counter?!
*starts recruiting again, sigh*
sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#30 - 2015-12-29 09:23:30 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
Niraia wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
align on opposite direction and MJD back...

What if there is more than one of them! What then!

This is in response to part about CDs and solo bigger ships.

The problem is not the CDs per se as they can't kill you solo. But the gang that follows them can. It means you have to counter it like you would with every blop.

A) Bring something fast to kite them, this would also help to avoid being jumped

or

B) Bring support. Concerning the daisy chaining a newer corp mate in a navy maulus with double scram, would actually be able to hold two CDs, at least you can fight were you want to then.

or

C) watchlist pilots who does this and avoid them. It is not every gagn that runs with a CD so pick your fights

or

D) accept you chose to solo in a ship that is vulnerable solo, and go down like a hero smiling (because you know your courage will send you directly to Valhalla) when you inevitable explode

Another point you touched on is the lack of skill required for CDs. I don't see how using the CD requires less skil than a normal blop, a normal blop with a griffin, falcon, keres etc.? Lets be honest in EVE a lot of the group pvp is low skill based, which is also fine. Instead of being annoyed you can't solo a gang with a CD, think about what shenanigangs you could do with it.

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#31 - 2015-12-29 10:38:53 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
elitatwo wrote:

I'm genuine curious.

I don't think you are. But just in case - AAR means after action report.

Riot Girl wrote:

See, not long ago I asked to keep acronyms at a minimum and I am used to "aar" meaning ancillery armor rep. Now it makes sense to me too.

And Riot Girl, glad to see you back!

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#32 - 2015-12-29 13:00:42 UTC
Niraia wrote:
I don't know what's with you guys adding stuff that reduces the amount of conflict in the game, seems to me like a good way to kill it, but since we're stuck with this un-EVE design philosophy, could you at least make MJD field generators require a little bit of skill?

Either make it jump whoever the user has targeted at the time of activation, or jump whatever is in a narrow (5-10 degree) cone?

Or, you know, add a counter <3

what happened to your HAC/lachesis/T3 support?

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#33 - 2015-12-29 21:52:18 UTC  |  Edited by: TinkerHell
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Niraia wrote:
I don't know what's with you guys adding stuff that reduces the amount of conflict in the game, seems to me like a good way to kill it, but since we're stuck with this un-EVE design philosophy, could you at least make MJD field generators require a little bit of skill?

Either make it jump whoever the user has targeted at the time of activation, or jump whatever is in a narrow (5-10 degree) cone?

Or, you know, add a counter <3

what happened to your HAC/lachesis/T3 support?

A HAC/Lachesis/T3/HIC cannot lock and scram a command destroyer doing its MJD from 105km away bringing a 2nd command destroyer that lands on you with 1s left on its timer.

I do not have 105km scrams. I also dont have the alpha in my small gangs to kill a 25-30k EHP ship with a small sig within 5 seconds at 105km. 5 Seconds is not long when you factor in you need to spot the ship on overview, lock it, broadcast and kill its EHP all within 5s.

Also if someone drops several command destroyers we cant lock and scram them all perfectly, we are not supercomputers that have the ability to make sure we have all scrammed different guys within 5s. There is a very high chance we will miss one and this is all that is needed.

We have used scram chains within our fleet, but as this means we are all scramming each other, we are giving up ALOT of mid slots to counter one ship that the enemy can field. No other ship has this power. Also the scram chain can easily be broken by neuts and jams, so its a fairly crap counter in my opinion.

The only counter i have currently which actually works is for every ship in my fleets to drop a cyno. Which is ridiculous.

So, we can drop cynos and anchor ourselves in place, only fly fast nano kiting ships or fly 100% capital gangs.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2015-12-30 08:46:19 UTC
Last I heard, they move cyno ships anyway. And bastioned marauders.

The message is loud and clear, fly kitey small crap, or die in a fire.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#35 - 2015-12-30 09:03:22 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Doesn't scrambling the destroyer stop it?

Locking a destroyer and activating a module on it under 6 seconds is not small feat for a battleship...

Is the concept of 'bring support' dead then?

I'm not syaing the idea of bringing support is dead, but I think we might see some more solo BS soon
whether that's good or bad, i don't know

so if you use solo bs then how command destroyer can prevent you soloing? or did you ment that you can not deagro anymore and run like little girls do?
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#36 - 2015-12-30 10:23:40 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Riot Girl, glad to see you back!

Thanks!

Barrogh Habalu wrote:

Not sure, I was kinda drunk when I posted that but I think I read something about larger fleets being penalised with diminishing returns on greater numbers. I can't remember where I saw it though or if I understood it correctly.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#37 - 2015-12-30 10:25:57 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
so if you use solo bs then how command destroyer can prevent you soloing? or did you ment that you can not deagro anymore and run like little girls do?

I just meant if people are going to be penalised for using numbers, that will increase the relative power of the solo player.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#38 - 2015-12-30 12:20:07 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:

I just meant if people are going to be penalised for using numbers, that will increase the relative power of the solo player.

You're welcome and coincidentely very small and micro gangs. I love it.

Having a handful of people to agree on how to proceed is much easier than telling 3485702566563815 people to press FONE at the same time on the same target - wait what are we shooting again??? No matter, it's toast now..

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2015-12-30 15:08:13 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Doesn't scrambling the destroyer stop it?

Locking a destroyer and activating a module on it under 6 seconds is not small feat for a battleship...

Is the concept of 'bring support' dead then?

No it's not dead but it can still happen and while you might realise what being in a BS imply, some people don't. There is a scan resolution threshold that a ship must pass for "well just scram it" to be an effective counter just like you need certain parameters for "just fly 6k away" to work also. The battleship is still left with less effective options than any other ship affected by the jump field generator to counter it.

Kagura Nikon wrote:

align on opposite direction and MJD back...

You might get scrammed in your own spool-up. The destroyer will lock you fast enough that's for sure.

If its a group fight some will escape, the destroyer will not scram several. If it is 1v1.. a Battleship with a half a brain can force a CD to its knees... Having a counters does nto mean somethign that works 100% of time, that would be to make the ship useles..

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#40 - 2015-12-30 15:18:36 UTC
These jump bubble ships are a lot of fun. Three thumbs up. Instead of debating their tweeks and merits - go buy one, fit it out and do something unfair with it. I did a lot of "UGH" during this ship class' spool up to introduction. I was not pleased with the idea or with all the possible evil they could initiate.

I WAS WRONG!!!!

All I can say about these ships is

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

TL/DR WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Previous page12