These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Splitting Plex into smaller time segments, Practical? Easily Abused?

Author
Fatli Solvent
HC - Fatal Mining Encounter
#1 - 2015-12-29 05:40:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Fatli Solvent
Greetings Forums,

i had an idea that i want to put out to get discussed or pointed out to me the various obvious abuse options i'm neglecting/not thinking of.

So i recently have had some problems where i'm just happy going down to one account for awhile.

However various goodies and such are on my other accounts OR i come up with an idea to do something and realize what i'm thinking of doing i usually did with two accounts. Now this isn't to say i couldn't just simply afford to buy a plex to open another account for a month (and i don't want to abuse the hours for plex just for some items or something i'm going to do for a few hours), lord knows i would be thankful for the months training when i later go back to multiple accounts.

But it occurred to me that something more practical or convenient (at least something i vastly more likely to do on a whim) is to have the ability to break a 30-Day plex into smaller sizes, various options would be open whether to have
"Break x days off"
option where you have your x day plex and then the remainder days plex (this would need 29 more items created 1-29-day plexes)
or a (possibly i'm no coder nor do i know the current code) simpler
"break into 1 14-day 2 7-day 2 1-day plex" option
this could be further expanded so the 14 can break into 2 7's and the 7 can break into 7 1's and the option to combine thusly as well or not.
"break into 2 15-day plex" option - simplest option still adds more flexibility but not as convenient as having a 1-day plex option

Now the benefits that i have in my head are (and will add benefits brought up in thread's discussion)
--Able to transfer items from various accounts for a day
--Able to participate with another account for a day in something (could also be a con, who knows how many accounts you could "suddenly" plex and bring online that no one knows of)
--14-day and 7-day plexes would be used for holidays that only last that long.
--1-day plexes could be used for long weekends or days off etc.

Cons that i have thought of so far and have been brought up in the thread
--Less plex sales for CCP? it's possible it could swing both ways.
--Also adds another draw on plex but that's economy con.

To be honest i had this thought and just wanted opinions we'll see how this goes.
O'nira
Litla Sundlaugin
#2 - 2015-12-29 10:21:00 UTC
I would love this but i would abuse the **** out of it
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2015-12-29 12:51:20 UTC
This idea has been brought up several times, and everytime it is shot down because of how easily it would be to abuse this.

Beyond that, this topic is simply redundant.