These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Eve Online improvments for new players

First post
Author
Kia Son
#1 - 2015-12-25 14:36:10 UTC
GAME PLAY

1st:
beginer quests need some tweeking.
from what i understand these are some what new... but they are MAJORLY NEEDED to help us new players learn and understand the game.

A: There needs to be a NPC in a ship at the very start that will give you a quest to see the other helpful "F12" NPCs
*i spent about a day saving up for my first Venture not knowing about these quests... that give you two ventures*

B: These quests really need some more details on what you are expected to do.
there were many of these quests i had to ask in rookie help to figure out WTF i was suppose to do.
on that note it would be nice if you could share quests in chat so people can see what quest it is.

2nd:
ship controls.
over all i like the way ships are controled in this game over any other space game i have played.
but a lot of the controls are ALL OVER the place.
and some things like "aligne to" do dumb things like try and go to the aligned object at full speed instead of setting speed to say 5 m/s aligning and then STOPING.
the sensor overlay popping up all the time... just simple little things can really be annoying and a turn off for new and old players.

3rd:
Options
a lot of the options to change things are hard to find and/or in strange areas.
it took me a long time to figure out where the overlay setting were.
and there are camera and other such controls in genreal options in stead of where there is already an options tab for them.
some things i still haven't figured out.... like if you select a sation and hover over "dock" it has a "D" symbol like you can press "D" on your keyboard and you will dock.
also seems to be no way to lock the tool bar or what ever it is on the far left side so it dosen't get resized by accedent.

4th:
balance

A: i have gotten high level rat spawns in high sec areas.... and been blown up quickly as i am still a low level char.

B: trying to learn probing and going threw a worm hole to find my self in null space...
i can understand not having concord or what ever they are called in these areas... but the high sec worm holes that newbies are scanning down should maybe have some sort of worm hole dwelling group in them that enforce security with in these low level worm holes.

C: player ganks and traps
-with in 10. - 8. space there needs to be some why to protect new players from these things
maybe have a station or other such building with in these systems that give a buff/boost that any one with this buff firing on some one else with this buff has that damage reduced to 1 damage.
-the only trap i have seen so far is the box of loot sitting out and some one waiting for some newbie that dosen't know not to loot it.... in these systems i think you should not be able to loot these things at all.

SUBSCRIPTION - PLEX - CASH SHOP
i have heard rummers that you guys are considering going free to play
if that is true or not... you guys really need to work on player cosmetic items... you guys have like 2 female shirts that are cute.
and not a single cute par of pants/shorts or shoes.

if it IS true.... i caution VERY must to sticking to cosmedic/vanity things and don't offer any thing like "reduces training time by (X) number of time"

event items... at least frostline ones since i haven't seen any others.... need some work also.
would be nice to get things like santa hats, santa beards, a cute fluffy coat.
a shuttle that looks like a sled being pulled by raindeer.

and don't be afraid to reuse these things every year... maybe add one or two unquic items each year and add or tweak the look of existing things you used last year.

PLEX
these are bought with real money and should be treated diffrently then other items.
the other day i heard some one on the killboard got ganked in highsec with 25 PLEX on him... and they all vanished.
that is a lot of money to lose and kinda feels like a cash sink... and discurages people from buying them... and this limits supply for those of us that depend on the plex to be able to play the game.
on that note it seems the price of PLEX continues to raise.... making it harder for a poor person to be able to make the isk to buy one.

as an added note
you guys should continue to add more and more free roam content for us to be able to walk about.
not saying dovot your self to a mass patch... just a little added here and there so we can show off our chars to our friends ingame.... this will help your vanity item sales in the cash shop..... when you get some cute cloths.
and give people some thing to do if they don't feel like actually playing the game but don't have much else to do... maybe add accade games our chars can walk up to and play.
Solecist Project
#2 - 2015-12-25 14:45:07 UTC
Roll

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Jade Blackwind
#3 - 2015-12-25 14:50:19 UTC
This will end well.

*nibbles at popcorn*
Solecist Project
#4 - 2015-12-25 14:51:32 UTC
Jade Blackwind wrote:
This will end well.

*nibbles at popcorn*

Mmmmhhh dark chocolate .....

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#5 - 2015-12-25 15:04:14 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Jade, grab me some.

"I want EVE to be WoW in space and easy and safe thread number 936.693.297"

This will end well.

At OP, you are not the first to suggest these changes in the lasr 12 years, and guess what...it wont happen.

BUT ABOVE ALL:

Troll sensors are of the scale.

So, who you gonna call: ISD Barstool

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Kia Son
#6 - 2015-12-25 15:11:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Kia Son
J'Poll wrote:

the only safty i am suggesting is in the new player areas...
there is a TON to learn in this game and it takes time.... if people are going to quit before they learn even 1/5th of game basics it dosen't help the player base grow.

oh and i guess for PLEX also... but really that is REAL money.

also a LOT more in the opening thread then more safty in noobie areas. >.>
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#7 - 2015-12-25 15:17:06 UTC
ShockedLol

Remove standings and insurance.

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#8 - 2015-12-25 15:20:34 UTC
Kia Son wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

there is a TON to learn in this game and it takes time.... if people are going to quit before they learn even 1/5th of game basics it dosen't help the player base grow.

Hahhaa

And guess what, if you did some reasearch, new player systems are protected.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#9 - 2015-12-25 15:21:10 UTC
Posting this on Christmas Day.

This is your life.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#10 - 2015-12-25 15:24:37 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
Posting this on Christmas Day.

This is your life.

He posted on Christmas day.
Big smile
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-12-25 15:26:48 UTC
Jade Blackwind wrote:
This will end well.

*nibbles at popcorn*

It was over before it began.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-12-25 15:28:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Kia Son wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

You're talking to people, right now, that have been new and did just fine when the new player experience was a LOT HARDER than it is now. You complain about having to ask in rookie help for help, but the thing is, that's EXACTLY what you need to be doing. Learn from those with the experience, who have been there and done that, don't demand changes to a game you barely even understand enough to know what it really needs.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#13 - 2015-12-25 15:29:00 UTC
Not to mention a lot of things are just plain wrong.

A. There are suggestions towards the career agents.

B.There is WAY more female outfits available.

C.Missions (Not quests, it give away what hand hold game you came from) give more then enough info on what to do. In EVE you are expected to use your head.

D. WHs spawn randomly. There are no 'wormholes newbies are probing'. There are wormholes.

E. You are protected against ganks in new player systems. In ALL other systems, CONCORD works as the real police. They punish, they wont protect you permanently.

F. PLEX are just in game items. If you are dumb to move one in a ship you should be kiloed and in the first place should not be allowed near a PC.

Kia Son
#14 - 2015-12-25 15:32:00 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Hahhaa

how so?
i saw a guy sitting infront of the station with some thing jet canned and waiting for new players to pick it up so he could blast them.
dosen't seem very protected to me. >.>

and as far as i can tell all worm holes are null space.... and there are a lot of worm holes in high sec.

how about instead of "haha your post sucks".... you let me know what i got wrong or why it is better the way it is.
i am still new... only like 12 days old.

well not all of us have a wife/husband and/or kid(s) to spend the holidays with. >.>
if i did then i wouldn't be on eve today.... but i don't....
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#15 - 2015-12-25 15:32:30 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Kia Son wrote:
J'Poll wrote:

You're talking to people, right now, that have been new and did just fine when the new player experience was a LOT HARDER than it is now. You complain about having to ask in rookie help for help, but the thing is, that's EXACTLY what you need to be doing. Learn from those with the experience, who have been there and done that, don't demand changes to a game you barely even understand enough to know what it really needs.

*Bows to Remiel*

What are tutorials????

I was given an Ibis and a kick in the ass to get moving. That was it.

/thread closed.

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#16 - 2015-12-25 15:33:34 UTC
Kia Son wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Hahhaa

how so?
i saw a guy sitting infront of the station with some thing jet canned and waiting for new players to pick it up so he could blast them.

and as far as i can tell all worm holes are null space.... and there are a lot of worm holes in high sec.

how about instead of "haha your post sucks".... you let me know what i got wrong or why it is better the way it is.

well not all of us have a wife/husband and/or kid(s) to spend the holidays with. >.>

Read up before whining.

If you report him, CCP will take action.

It is all listed that Rookie systems have special protection rules

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#17 - 2015-12-25 15:35:42 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Kia Son wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Hahhaa

how so?

Yes, WH space is lawless..

And gues what, they are different systems from highaec so no **** they have other rules.

By that rule, low sec should be safe too, cause they are connected to highsec.

And null too, caue it is connected too.

Dumb reasons are dumb.

Specially cause 90% of your ideas have been suggested a million times before.

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#18 - 2015-12-25 15:46:40 UTC
Kia Son wrote:
.. the only safty i am suggesting is in the new player areas...
The starter system do have more protection than avarage.

But hey, if you scan down a wormhole to Null-sec and decide to go trough it voluntarily, please refrain from complaining about it on the forum if the the inhabitants of the system you happen to end up in do not look favourable on your arrival....Roll

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Kia Son
#19 - 2015-12-25 15:55:37 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

it isn't rookie help it's self... it is these missions* are to help new players to learn the game... you shouldn't need help with them.

J'Poll wrote:
Not to mention a lot of things are just plain wrong.

A. There are suggestions towards the career agents.

B.There is WAY more female outfits available.

C.Missions (Not quests, it give away what hand hold game you came from) give more then enough info on what to do. In EVE you are expected to use your head.

D. WHs spawn randomly. There are no 'wormholes newbies are probing'. There are wormholes.

E. You are protected against ganks in new player systems. In ALL other systems, CONCORD works as the real police. They punish, they wont protect you permanently.

F. PLEX are just in game items. If you are dumb to move one in a ship you should be kiloed and in the first place should not be allowed near a PC.

from the other missions* i have done i haven't had too much issue with them
just the noobie ones you don't even know about unless some one tells you about them... and then the missions* aren't written like they are for a NEW player to be able to understand.

oh!?
where?.... i searched all of the cash shop for cute female cloths.

the whole idea of having noobie missions IS TO hold your hand...
PS if you are refering to WoW i played it for like 1 day... i desided to play shine instead. >.>

i understand that worm holes conect all over the play how they are now... i had one close on me and had to go threw like 4 of them to find my way out...
there should be lower difficulty ones... or make it so that a lowbe char can't scan down WHs...

i know concord attacks people for attacking in any concord protected area...
the other option would be to make it so that a new player is protected from getting ganked for (X) amount of days... but that just seems unlogical game wise and also can easily be exploited.

im not dumb enough to go any where with a PLEX... but oviusly there are people rolling around with 25 PLEX in their ships. >.>
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-12-25 15:57:28 UTC
You know, when I was new, I posted some dumb things in the forums too. But I know now that they weren't dumb so much as I didn't know what I was talking about. I didn't understand EVE. It's a typical rookie move, really. Us vets should be expecting it. I can't say I blame you, though. Adapting to new things can be a little overwhelming. But if you let it, it can also be exciting and a great learning experience. EVE Online is one of the most fulfilling gaming experiences I've ever had. No, it is the single most fulfilling, bar none. Let me tell you a story.

When I was new, after I finished my career missions, I decided I'd give mining a crack. It seemed to be the easiest thing to get into at the time, and I already had some stuff for it, so why not? My rookie system was Couster, not far from Seyllin, and after a couple hours of mining junk in high sec, I looked up where to find some better stuff nearby on the internet, and there she was, Seyllin, all full up with shiny Jaspet. I hopped in my little Navitas armed with a mining laser and a single civilian electron blaster, and I went to low. I read the warning, I prepared my anus, and went to find some Jaspet.

By my fourth undisturbed trip between Seyllin and Couster with full loads of Jaspet, I was bored. But I was also obsessed. I was making isk and it seemed like the only thing to do. I got lucky though, I was saved from the trap because my own decision to seek out the better ore lead me into the waiting jaws of a Jaguar from General Tso's Alliance.

He blapped me and my pod so fast I thought the game had crashed. Literally thought that.

When I realised I was reloading in Couster station, I knew I'd found my calling. "I want to do to that guy what that guy just did to me"

And I started paying very close attention to learning the mechanics, the ships, how skills worked and all that. Along the way, I got a little arrogant and came on the forums demanding something dumb, then got salty for being put in my place and stormed out, unsubscribed from EVE, and then came back two weeks later. Because gosh darn it, I really wanted to kill that guy that messed up my mining!

That's when I realised my mistake on the forums - I'd been put in my place by guys who'd been doing this forever, and I'd been told things that I SHOULD have learned from. Long story short, I met some guys, learned to PVP, and now I'm pretty damn good at it, doing a lot more than that Jaguar did to me. As a predominantly solo PVP pilot with an 84% success rate, I'd even go so far as to brag a little. But more than that, I enjoy sharing my experience and helping others to learn to PVP because I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE NEW.

And so does everyone else here that has criticised and/or trolled your OP. And they don't do it out of spite (although there may be a degree of jaded bitterness from seeing the same thing over and over), they do it because through ridicule, MAYBE you'll get mad, maybe you'll walk out, but the seed will be there in your mind, a seed that may or may not grow into something remarkable that makes you into this prodigal powerplayer with few to challenge you in your chosen field of expertise within EVE Online.

The choice is entirely yours to learn from the best, or die like the rest.

123Next pageLast page