These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What happens to Eve.....

Author
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#101 - 2012-01-09 03:46:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Ladie Harlot
met worst wrote:

Ms. Harlot, I could point you to a very elaborate post "bequeathing" the spoils of war like dishing out lollies at a kids party.

The "bequeather" gives the impression he "owns" such gifts and feels his "loyal subjects" must be rewarded. Either way, it's a sure sign that you guys are well and truly sucked in by one very sick ****.

You call it "fun". I'm more inclined to make the call that you guys haven't worked out the meaning of swarm yet. Not a single independent thought among you and you're totally blindsided by it.

I said once before, I'd rather be a high-sec coward working for myself than some recently whelped puppy called Oliver looking for another bowl of porridge.

So you would prefer that we treat our allies like the old NC used to treat their pets? You should ask some of the CFC alliances who used to be NC pets what they think.

The "requirements" to be in the CFC are laughably simple. We don't have mandatory CTAs, we don't have red pen ops where we set the tax rate to 100% or kick people who are ratting or running incursions, we don't charge rent and we don't treat our allies like serfs. Basically the only things an alliance has to do to remain a member of the CFC is show observable participation in coalition-wide pursuits and not sell supercaps to people who would use them to shoot at us. How on earth is that so unreasonable?

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2012-01-09 03:51:18 UTC
met worst wrote:
Apart from a biase borne about by being part of the CFC, the 11% left in null is the key point here and is without doubt the reason for low Eve numbers through stagnation and polarisation of 0.0.

This is my concern. A CFC takeover of what is left of the real wealth in game will simply make it worse.

CCP have clutched at a life-buoy thrown by the CSM and fallen for what I feel is the greatest scam of all. You will either be a Goon or NIP/NAP to Goons to be able to live in 0.0.

End of Story.

Ah yes, everything I say is biased because I'm in the CFC. Luckily you're here with your FNA forum alt to provide the fair and balanced null-sec political punditry that we desperately need. If you're not an alt then wow, that's even better!

Fears of a CFC takeover of nullsec are dumb, and espoused only by those who don't understand the CFC or what it's like to be in a coalition of PvP heavy alliances that suddenly run out of people to fight. The NC was a defensive coalition, held together by the external threat of BoB and their pets. The CFC is not very defensive at all... In fact if you want to go to Fountain right now you'll probably get some nice ratting carrier and Tengu kills and we won't even bother forming up to stop you.

We require conflict in order to exist, we need an enemy to fight, without one we get bored and soft and we start getting on each other's nerves. So yes if we ever run out of people to fight, we will probably end up resetting each other. You don't have to worry about null sec stagnating.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2012-01-09 04:15:48 UTC
Goons pay sovernty bills?
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#104 - 2012-01-09 05:58:12 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
Goons pay sovernty bills?

Edgy

Taiwanistan
#105 - 2012-01-09 06:02:42 UTC
TREMBLE AND GROVEL, OR PERISH AT THE FURY OF HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT FOR LIFE, FIELD MARSHAL AL HADJI DOCTOR THE MITTANI, VC, DSO, MC, LORD OF ALL THE BEASTS OF THE EARTH AND FISHES OF THE SEAS AND CONQUEROR OF THE DRF EMPIRE IN THE NORTH AND BRANCH IN PARTICULAR

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Jita Alt666
#106 - 2012-01-09 06:19:43 UTC
I only read the op and the first page; The OP need to learn how to conduct post event analysis.
met worst
Doomheim
#107 - 2012-01-09 06:46:13 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
I only read the op and the first page; The OP need to learn how to conduct post event analysis.

OP spent a lot of time doing pre-event analysis to arrive at his hypothesis.

Potential post event analysis is what I am seeking opinions on.
met worst
Doomheim
#108 - 2012-01-09 06:58:04 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:

...the only things an alliance has to do to remain a member of the CFC is show observable participation in coalition-wide pursuits...

Lawl. A long winded way of saying "gogogogogogo - NOW".

"CTA" is just too strong a word for your sheep and it's this softcock approach that sucks your members in. Unsaid, but absolutely implied, if you don't - you get nothing from "He who owns all things" and "Frowned upon by he who bequeaths all things".

All in all, the terminology is a pretencious approach to be told what to do. The extraordinary thing is you all think Mittens is being "nice".

CFC are all Lil' Olivers. The difference being that Oliver woke up to it in the end.

Sad.

met worst
Doomheim
#109 - 2012-01-09 07:01:17 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
TREMBLE AND GROVEL, OR PERISH AT THE FURY OF HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT FOR LIFE, FIELD MARSHAL AL HADJI DOCTOR THE MITTANI, VC, DSO, MC, LORD OF ALL THE BEASTS OF THE EARTH AND FISHES OF THE SEAS AND CONQUEROR OF THE DRF EMPIRE IN THE NORTH AND BRANCH IN PARTICULAR

A Brit perchance? Odd that you'd suck up to a Yank.
Jita Alt666
#110 - 2012-01-09 07:07:32 UTC
met worst wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

...the only things an alliance has to do to remain a member of the CFC is show observable participation in coalition-wide pursuits...

"CTA" is just too strong a word for your sheep and it's this softcock approach that sucks your members in. Unsaid, but absolutely implied, if you don't - you get nothing from "He who owns all things" and "Frowned upon by he who bequeaths all things".

All in all, the terminology is a pretencious approach to be told what to do. The extraordinary thing is you all think Mittens is being "nice".

CFC are all Lil' Olivers. The difference being that Oliver woke up to it in the end.

Sad.

Your analysis is found wanting here.
Mar Drakar
LDK
#111 - 2012-01-09 07:34:55 UTC
The fact is that EVE endgame is all about meta-game and winning it, nowadays the war is won on jabber, broadcasts, spying, forums etc, and to be competitive a force, a coalition needs an immense infrastructure that is capable to withstand DDoS, hacking attempts and be as 1984-ish as possible to catch, bait and burn opposing spies. In the end it boils down to actually creating a resilient enterprise out of volunteers with actual professional skills at IT, management, HR and others.
End game has evolved that much, that toppling current status quo will need a matching oponent, and well... when starting a new alliance - how many of you would think : OK... amazon-cloud-based mumble, cloud based forums, content distribution network ... hell most of ppl have no idea what it is, if even that they need it.
Elessa Enaka
Doomheim
#112 - 2012-01-09 07:54:01 UTC
Mar Drakar wrote:
The fact is that EVE endgame is all about meta-game and winning it, nowadays the war is won on jabber, broadcasts, spying, forums etc, and to be competitive a force, a coalition needs an immense infrastructure that is capable to withstand DDoS, hacking attempts and be as 1984-ish as possible to catch, bait and burn opposing spies. In the end it boils down to actually creating a resilient enterprise out of volunteers with actual professional skills at IT, management, HR and others.
End game has evolved that much, that toppling current status quo will need a matching oponent, and well... when starting a new alliance - how many of you would think : OK... amazon-cloud-based mumble, cloud based forums, content distribution network ... hell most of ppl have no idea what it is, if even that they need it.

^^precisely the reason why CCP needs to flush every asset held by anyone in 0.0, leave nothing aside from NPC stations and then reset all Sov back to Unclaimed....

Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been Eve is a great game if you can get past all of the asshats....

Jita Alt666
#113 - 2012-01-09 08:27:13 UTC
Elessa Enaka wrote:
Mar Drakar wrote:

^^precisely the reason why CCP needs to flush every asset held by anyone in 0.0, leave nothing aside from NPC stations and then reset all Sov back to Unclaimed....

Do you mean: Reset and then have a gold rush to reclaim? or: Reset and no longer have sov as we know it?
Taiwanistan
#114 - 2012-01-09 08:28:57 UTC
Elessa Enaka wrote:
Mar Drakar wrote:

you are just another griefer, makin us grind it all back again

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Elessa Enaka
Doomheim
#115 - 2012-01-09 08:37:57 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Elessa Enaka wrote:
Mar Drakar wrote:

Do you mean: Reset and then have a gold rush to reclaim? or: Reset and no longer have sov as we know it?

Reset and gold rush

Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been Eve is a great game if you can get past all of the asshats....

Jita Alt666
#116 - 2012-01-09 08:47:44 UTC
Elessa Enaka wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Elessa Enaka wrote:
Mar Drakar wrote:

Reset and gold rush

The alliances with the best out of game resources would stomp everyone else.
Intar Medris
KarmaFleet University
#117 - 2012-01-09 09:26:48 UTC
Empires Rise and Empires Fall. GoonSwarm is not immune to this little fact of history that even rings true in EVE. Example. When I first started playing EVE early 2010. Atlas was a huge and powerful alliance. Few months later they disappeared overnight, and I was traveling through "former" Atlas space. IT rivaled Goons once. Now only 6 players remain it. An alliance that once occupied the entire fountain region. NC was once a force too, and well now all that remains is a couple hundred dedicated members. GoonSwarm isn't exactly in a hard place to get to it can be assaulted directly from high sec through the small patch of low sec that borders the north. Someone will one day get the balls to attack Goons head on to take the north, and Goons will get the fight they have been waiting for.

I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#118 - 2012-01-09 09:36:27 UTC
Elessa Enaka wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:

Reset and gold rush

And what is going to stop the current holders of sov in nullsec from just retaking what they have during the goldrush?

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#119 - 2012-01-09 09:41:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ladie Harlot
met worst wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Sad.

I have to give you credit. Most people who get proven wrong as publicly as you did just fade away and are never heard from again. You, though, are able to keep going posting more and more stuff you don't really know anything about. You're obviously mad about The Mittani and your anger is clouding your ability to reason. Mittens must be doing something right to have this many people frothing at the mouth over him...

Explain to me, then, why would an alliance who doesn't participate with the rest of the coalition deserve to have anything given to them? I'm assuming you used to belong to one of the big NC alliances since you seem to share the attitudes that they did.

Like I said...ask any of the former NC "guests" if they are better off now as our allies than they were back then as pets.

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#120 - 2012-01-09 09:53:03 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Sad.

I have to give you credit. Most people who get proven wrong as publicly as you did just fade away and are never heard from again. You, though, are able to keep going posting more and more stuff you don't really know anything about. You're obviously mad about The Mittani and your anger is clouding your ability to reason. Mittens must be doing something right to have this many people frothing at the mouth over him...

Explain to me, then, why would an alliance who doesn't participate with the rest of the coalition deserve to have anything given to them? I'm assuming you used to belong to one of the big NC alliances since you seem to share the attitudes that they did.

Like I said...ask any of the former NC "guests" if they are better off now as our allies than they were back then as pets.

Red Herrings like the Bigger tyrant before me usually indicate the unwillingness to admit you are wrong.