These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

INR - Trade slot limit -- 305 for many years....CCP please increase

Author
HighlanderUK
Interstellar Business Machines Corp.
#1 - 2015-12-13 17:50:30 UTC
IdeaINR -- Improvement Notice Request: Idea

Having played this game for over 11.5 years, and very much as an indy/miner/trade/T1 manufacturer, and despite my best efforts asking our CSM members in the last few years, we still seem to be stuck in mid-2000's trade slot limit of 305. Always seems to be talk of 'improving industry methods/processes in-game' but not the parts that are out-dated.

That was fine back in 2005-2007 when we had limited numbers of BPOs to build items from. We're now in 2015, with substantially more items across 7 or 8 times the categories we used to have, and i would like to sell the same products across 3 or 4 regions, but can't as i produce nearly 400 different items, and can't even sell those in one region, i have to sacrifice some items. Some regions have very few T1 products on sale, I'd imagine partly with other players hitting similar limits, and staying around the trade hubs (which I don't)

plus if you add-in any buy orders, then you lose more trade slots (which I think should change).

It's an easy fix if you double the skills abilities of Trade, Tycoon and Wholesale etc, it would be a good start.

While you're considering this improvement request, can you also look at contracts limit, 21 personal and 60 corp, again fine back in the day, but not with the current game's available items, I spend a lot of time selling ship BPCs, and its a pain to try and get everything up on behalf of the corp, and end up having to spread it among the members too -- then you need to get all the ISK transferred back across to the right wallet -- messy and should not be necessary.

Again just raise the limits for both please.
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2015-12-13 19:48:44 UTC
I'd like more contract slots as well. 16 contracts is too few

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2015-12-13 21:33:58 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
I'd like more contract slots as well. 16 contracts is too few

21, you mean. 500 Corp contract slots are plenty, too.

Not so sure about the trade slots. Sure, it's limiting power traders, but that opens up opportunities for other people to trade as well, or make you buy more alts. In my opinion, it's not a bad thing that one person cannot trade with every single item in the game, because it forces other players to contribute as well.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Wimzy Chent-Shi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-12-13 22:13:30 UTC
+1
The seemingly "obsolete" mechanics are blocking your progression in your way of playing and could use a higher end option.
For more instantenious solution grab an alt.

Come get some cancer @ my blog !

"This clash of opinions is like cutting onions. We are creating something here, that's productive, ...and then there is also salt." -Wimzy 2016

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#5 - 2015-12-13 22:17:14 UTC
I think that hard trade limit is about right - get an alt and grind them up if you want more.
as things stand, they allow the little player to get an in..... in a way that they should....

as for production slots - same

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#6 - 2015-12-14 01:42:00 UTC
Remove limit entirely, or make it per station. Fix it with making a brokerage index like the industry one, sensitive to standing on behalf of player or corp depending on what type of order or contract is used..

Then we would get back to a free market like before the market crashed the servers and needed to be limited. We dont have such lag and crash issues anymore, so would make sense to go back to no limit orders and contracts..

Would also seed mcuh more bulk trade publically via contracts and and lots of smaller ad hoc courier contracts would get seeded universe wide. Resulting in a lot more exploration. Even more so if fog of war was "boosted" a bit based on time delay.. So you would see older and older information in contracts and in markets based on range.
HighlanderUK
#7 - 2015-12-21 11:44:31 UTC
some good points of view, but a small corp with a few active players, shouldn't have to resort to using Alts as a work around for a flawed system, that no longer exhibits the issues of old, that put the caps in place in the first place.

Inter-regional bulk trading needs to happen, some regions are dwindling a bit, just in the last year or so the market is near non-existent (everyone is glued to the trade hubs in some cases, playing with .01 changes to prices). Can't rely on a smaller players filling the demand.

I work out of Citadel, and in the last 6 months, things are getting dire, even low-end minerals and key materials have only a half page of results, i have to start looking to get from another region, as the sellers have moved elsewhere. used to be pages to scroll through and spoilt for choice and volume. I know different regions have ever changing levels, but really not wanting to have to upsticks/move the corp to a new locale, but that might need to happen.

hopefully some CSM member will see this post and ask nicely for an update/response!
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#8 - 2015-12-21 12:04:34 UTC
I alwways love it when people that almost understand how our M$ SQL Server 2012 works make assumptions and suggestions on limits that would make the hamsters unhappy Smile

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#9 - 2015-12-21 14:41:40 UTC

Another skill for more trade slots would be nice.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Dr Cedric
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-12-21 15:46:55 UTC
Ive got to say that more trade/production/buy slots for a single player is not a good idea for the game. If you or your corp need to do more trading, then get more people in your corp (not necessarily an alt) and get them trained to do what you want.

Make your corp be the big trader... at that point you are only limited by the number of players you have in your corp. If you can't trust your corpies to get the job done, then thats on you.

I don't think CCP needs to facilitate a single player option for this kind of stuff, but I could get behind an option to "sell on behalf of this player" kind of thing.... but isn't that really just sell for corp?

Cedric

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#11 - 2015-12-21 17:56:21 UTC
I would rather see something, where players rent "Market Stalls" like an office.
But on these you pick the size (number of slots) and you proceed to stock it.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#12 - 2015-12-21 20:42:15 UTC
Dr Cedric wrote:
Ive got to say that more trade/production/buy slots for a single player is not a good idea for the game. If you or your corp need to do more trading, then get more people in your corp (not necessarily an alt) and get them trained to do what you want.

Make your corp be the big trader... at that point you are only limited by the number of players you have in your corp. If you can't trust your corpies to get the job done, then thats on you.

I don't think CCP needs to facilitate a single player option for this kind of stuff, but I could get behind an option to "sell on behalf of this player" kind of thing.... but isn't that really just sell for corp?

You should go check the stats for what players skill in, to get an idea of how rare a dedicated trader is ..

Saying the traders cna just go recruit, whne only 1% of the playerbase is even remotely interested in it..

If they then show interest it often falls away when they find its a bit hard and borring work to most people..

A dedicated trade corp would be able to get 1 new recruit in 100 times longer invested recruitment time.. Where you loose trading time.. so in all ways this suggestion however well intended does not work..

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#13 - 2015-12-21 23:10:11 UTC
Caleb Ayrania wrote:

You should go check the stats for what players skill in, to get an idea of how rare a dedicated trader is ..

Saying the traders cna just go recruit, whne only 1% of the playerbase is even remotely interested in it..

If they then show interest it often falls away when they find its a bit hard and borring work to most people..

A dedicated trade corp would be able to get 1 new recruit in 100 times longer invested recruitment time.. Where you loose trading time.. so in all ways this suggestion however well intended does not work..

Then get more people interested in it. It's only a few months of skills, so it's not a massive hole in peoples time to train it. If people aren't training it, work out why.
Bobman Smith
Solitary Confinement 4 One
#14 - 2015-12-21 23:56:00 UTC
I have to ask, is that why we have 2 other toons on our accounts? If marketing is your thing, that's still 600+ sell orders per paid account. Need more accounts, I'm sure with all those profits your making with 600 market sell orders, you can afford to start another toon and have another 600. And if that's not enough, why not use the 2 other toons and create 2 different marketing corporations, each with 500 if memory serves. Marketing is the most profitable activity in Eve if your doing it right; Why should CCP grant the ability for 1 toon to have an even higher potential to make more money and not get paid in Real Life for your business so they can host the servers you sell your goods on? You sound just like any Fortune 500 Company, wanting more MORE MORE!

T3 immune to remote reps. They should be the most powerful solo/small gang ships but not useful for large fleets as T2 ships should be used. Remove Insurance from game. Ban Frigate Pirate Ships from Novice FW Plexs. Buy me Ice cream please!

HighlanderUK
#15 - 2015-12-23 00:37:06 UTC
Bobman Smith wrote:
I have to ask, is that why we have 2 other toons on our accounts?.......You sound just like any Fortune 500 Company, wanting more MORE MORE!

2 other slots would be to try other races/characters, like many things originally introduced in EVE (book marks being the main one), used not as originally intended. I'm not asking for total market domination, just a few tweaks/corrections to a long flawed system, and yes I work with SQL servers, and virtual environments on a daily basis.

Back in 2003-2006+ era, you couldn't run 2 clients at the same time, without minimising all graphics, no audio and pray your system didn't fall-over -- it was never intended to run concurrent accounts in that way. Though now it can be done a bit better and is now a recognised option, i chose to use the original character i designed and poured my time into.

We all know they have at least TWO Ram San units (SSD) for database duties and some very good CPU and server hardware (with more on the way from the blogs recently posted), it not really a resource issue now is it, its just a legacy cap/patch that has never been re-looked at in about 8+ years.

A few extra trade skills to keep it simple, to solve the trade slot issue (biggest bug bear), as some have suggested and yes its not easy to get someone else interested in trading (as mentioned in another post, and I've had to deal with issues/fall-out too), and playing time is not always available or at the same time for everyone, so you need to be a flexible corp these days, so the hours and hours that used to spent doing mining ops every week and other fun team activities, are no longer the norm that they used be years ago, in most cases.

maybe I'm just getting old, and need to retire, like so many of my 'no longer playing EVE' friends i have made over the years.
Bobman Smith
Solitary Confinement 4 One
#16 - 2015-12-23 01:53:47 UTC
Technology changes and the game evolves. I don't see how that's a bad thing. Because of that option that most of Eve players have adapted and have multiple accounts. I think CPP said that the average real player has 2.7 paid accounts, meaning an average of 8.1 separate toons per average person playing the game. Now if someone was just average but really really loved the market game in Eve, and used every account to do Market Trading, that would be almost 5000 market orders available! Now I doubt you have an interest in running 8 marketing toons, but because its plausible it has to be factored into the balance that each toon is aloud. Imagine if say your really really into marketing, have the average of 8.1 toons (how do you get .1 toon? Lol) and lets say really, 7 of them are marketing toons, each with a marketing corp... See how quite quickly the number of Market Orders can get quite diabolical? Ugh

So then my question to you would be: How many toons you rock'n with Trading skills? Do you have more free slots? Each toon can sit in their own region in their own Marketing Corp doing the buying/selling while your main does the hauling for them all...

T3 immune to remote reps. They should be the most powerful solo/small gang ships but not useful for large fleets as T2 ships should be used. Remove Insurance from game. Ban Frigate Pirate Ships from Novice FW Plexs. Buy me Ice cream please!

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-12-23 02:08:25 UTC
Dr Cedric wrote:
I support stupid mechanics that promote alt-play

Is what you really just said.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#18 - 2015-12-23 13:26:54 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Dr Cedric wrote:

Yes, it is what he said, just using a lot more words. They should absolutely add another skill or two, with an appropriate modifier.
Alliance contracts are another thing that can be considered. As it is, I am using five characters worth of personal contracts to keep alliance ships on contracts.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-12-23 14:39:01 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Dr Cedric wrote:

Yes, it is what he said, just using a lot more words. They should absolutely add another skill or two, with an appropriate modifier.
Alliance contracts are another thing that can be considered. As it is, I am using five characters worth of personal contracts to keep alliance ships on contracts.

You guys make me question if I should just stop playing since I just really don't ever want to deal with alts... God doing all that sound crazy to me...
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#20 - 2015-12-23 14:46:59 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Dr Cedric wrote:

You guys make me question if I should just stop playing since I just really don't ever want to deal with alts... God doing all that sound crazy to me...

If you can avoid starting an alt, than you can usually be just fine. Once you start one, however, it is hard to stop. Just do not get a capital ship and you will never need a second account.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

12Next page