These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Geckos

Author
Vouid
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#1 - 2015-12-21 03:27:50 UTC
Will Geckos ever be giving away again? or perhaps BPC's for them?
Will other factions have their own drone?
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2015-12-21 03:33:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Not according to CCP Fozzie.

But minds are changeable so who knows.

Edit:

He said it in the AT stream, but then also opened the door again in a Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3izy6e/no_more_geckos_ccp_fozzie/

If you sort the comments by 'top', the relevant Fozzie comment will be first.
Vouid
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#3 - 2015-12-21 03:35:06 UTC
Can you quote what he said, or link me the thread?
Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-12-21 04:06:07 UTC
we might not get geckos, but we might get Salamanders.

same thing, different color
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-12-21 05:52:45 UTC
There are literally millions of the things in game already.

Aside from the admittedly hilarious tears of all the people that bought up 1000s as an "investment" what benefit will come from releasing even more ???

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#6 - 2015-12-21 12:11:52 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Aside from the admittedly hilarious tears of all the people that bought up 1000s as an "investment" what benefit will come from releasing even more ???
More use. I was under the impression that the point of geckos was to be a periodically released special item rather than limited release. It's all well and good to have collectibles in game, but it would be nice to see more of these types of things being used day to day.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#7 - 2015-12-21 12:19:08 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

More use. I was under the impression that the point of geckos was to be a periodically released special item rather than limited release. It's all well and good to have collectibles in game, but it would be nice to see more of these types of things being used day to day.

Why do you feel they should be used everyday?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#8 - 2015-12-21 13:55:52 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Why do you feel they should be used everyday?
Variety (it's the spice of life you know). And because I honestly don't see the point of CCP adding so many things that are limited and rapidly fall out of use. Other than going in some collection or being gathered up by people that are bad at math and think they are a good investment, there's no real point to them. If however they got replenished, even at a low frequency, then more people would use them, then suddenly they have purpose.

Mai Khumm
#9 - 2015-12-21 16:29:28 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

They're mainly used for PVE so it'll take a while for the current stock to deplete to the point here they're 500 Mil ISK each.

It's a REALLY long term investment where EVE might die before a decent return is made...
Drammie Askold
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2015-12-21 17:12:46 UTC
I don't think ccp should make them available again but they should gradually reduce Gecko stats year by year Twisted

As the blessed St. Reptilicus said "Some days you can't get a drink on the cuff anyplace."

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#11 - 2015-12-21 17:48:15 UTC
You want geckos? I got geckos.

They won't be free though.

Some advice, when CCP mass-releases useful limited content, stockpile it immediately.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#12 - 2015-12-21 18:07:38 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Quote:
because I honestly don't see the point of CCP adding so many things that are limited and rapidly fall out of use.

Yeah, if something doesn't last literally forever, why even have it at all?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#13 - 2015-12-21 18:49:02 UTC
I came back and found a bunch of geckos in my aridia stations. I was wondering why I put out region orders, now I know.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#14 - 2015-12-21 19:03:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Akirei Scytale wrote:
You want geckos? I got geckos.

They won't be free though.

Some advice, when CCP mass-releases useful limited content, stockpile it immediately.
Limitedness negates usefulness, and unless they are going to go up drastically in price in the near future or you do literally nothing with your isk, investing in them is generally a bad idea.

SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Quote:
because I honestly don't see the point of CCP adding so many things that are limited and rapidly fall out of use.
Yeah, if something doesn't last literally forever, why even have it at all?
It's not about lasting forever, it's about use. If things are being dumped in just to sit in a hangar, then they aren't really adding anything important to the game, so I'd rather see CCP developing items to be created and destroyed than limited edition rubbish.

Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-12-21 22:36:37 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
There are literally millions of the things in game

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
literally

I don't think this words means what you think it means
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2015-12-21 23:12:31 UTC
Ayx Shewma wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
literally

I interpret it as meaning the statement is actual rather than just a metaphor or hyperbole.

My understanding is there were 7 gecko issued per account which means with 300,000 plus active accounts at that time (accounts not players) in excess of 2.1 million Geckos were injected into the game.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#17 - 2015-12-21 23:53:53 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

I interpret it as meaning the statement is actual rather than just a metaphor or hyperbole.

My understanding is there were 7 gecko issued per account which means with 300,000 plus active accounts at that time (accounts not players) in excess of 2.1 million Geckos were injected into the game.

You are assuming all the active accounts actually redeemed them however, which I highly doubt.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#18 - 2015-12-22 01:46:15 UTC
Ayx Shewma wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
literally

I'll trade you my forgotten stack of Geckos for that cool white waiter coat. What do you say?
Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-12-22 03:58:01 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Ayx Shewma wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
literally

I'll trade you my forgotten stack of Geckos for that cool white waiter coat. What do you say?

Throw in the welding goggles and you've got a deal!
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#20 - 2015-12-22 06:22:47 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
I can think of no better reason for introducing more into the game.

If I were to want one thing from CCP for Christmas it would be a hundred rage threads because they flooded the game with free Geckos.

Mr Epeen Cool
12Next page