These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Dev blog: Happy Holidays! - Launchers & Snowballs & Trinkets... Oh My!

First post
Author
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-12-18 23:58:40 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
this is honestly an insult.. you give us geckos one year and now you give us petty snowflake trinkets?

Actually, if you want to argue naughty or nice, it's not about paying the subscription - that's the baseline. It's also about:

- shitting up the forums with flame posts
- calling CCP all sorts of names when they didn't give us them skins, or ships, or geckos as we wanted
- excessively shooting the Jita monuments
- and finally, (info we don't have access to) how much we broke the EULA and TOS (and got banned) this year vs. last year

So, if you feel you should get more presents, then maybe you should be "nicer" next year.

(doesn't need to apply thermal damage to deliver a good burn) OOOOOH-
Mhowatt
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Holdings
#22 - 2015-12-19 16:50:14 UTC
Hmmm I see some stocking stuffers ... Where are the presents that should be under the tree? The ones we have seen in the past? CCP dad musta got laid off. Times are tough kids.
Khana Moor
Dos Pollos Hermanos
#23 - 2015-12-19 22:46:07 UTC
I wanna mistress for Christmas.
Pestilen Ratte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-12-20 01:09:07 UTC
The Gecko thing was great.

Geckos still are great.

Their greatness endures, and therefore so does the honour and goodwill bestowed on the visionaries who made it happen.

Can CCP afford to miss the chance at potentially equal greatness, and not distribute some serious fire power to struggling New Eden Militia?

There is a danger here that not yet great people at CCP will look back in 6 months and wonder "Could we have given the Militia, the salt of the earth who feature in our promotional videos and make us look like serious people, could we have given them something? Anything?"

But it will be too late.
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#25 - 2015-12-20 14:34:42 UTC
Thanks for the trinkets CCP games.

Could you please tell us Eve Collectors edition holders where the other stuff for 2015 is ?

Regards, a Freelancer

PS:
AUR 50 – 100x Snowball
AUR 50 – 100x Barium Firework
AUR 50 – 100x Copper Firework
AUR 50 – 100x Sodium Firework

I see what you did here, happy paid for holidays o/

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

FireFrost
EVE University
Ivy League
#26 - 2015-12-20 16:11:05 UTC
wow no neat little ship or anything just some fireworks? lol I have cans full of the holiday cheer already , you know if you played wow during cata just before when they released the new tiered gear and it was just a copy of the same stuff from the previous year colored a new color , they lost 20 million subs , seems a bit familiar here , aside from the 20 million subs , h,, we have to give em something lets just do 2 days of fireworks lol , last year I think we got a cute little min shuttle painted black year before was a sansha ship? this year here we have fireworks and snow balls 2 days instead of 1 - the downhill spirial begins , lol most of the accounts showing online are just mining bots on multiple accounts - I rarely play now a days but I still have 9 accounts hulks and 1 orca - and for new players to try to get in the game is impossible plexs are 1.2-1.5 bil which now requires running incursions which for most players is a few years down the line , lol keep up the good work - nerf caldari some more , they are way to sexy and bad ace in their awesome ships - lol
Alea
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-12-20 17:22:42 UTC
What CCP is doing this year is good enough, everybody from newbs to vets can participate and sometimes get some good stuff.

I like the mass snowball fights and fireworks shows, I don't require new flashy and sometimes valuable/collectible trinkets to continue to play Eve, I play because I like the game not for what CCP can give me for free.

Whomever is making the last few years decisions on what changes are to be implemented in this game, must hate Eve with all their being.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#28 - 2015-12-21 13:40:35 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Don't get too disheartened yet all, remember as kids, when you thought your parents had not really got you anything and how delighted you were when on Christmas morning a present was waiting for you and not just some random stuff in a stocking.
We knew our Parents loved us, and the little worry was simply something that added to the excitement, we knew deep down all along we could trust them and they were always there for us.

I am sure CCP don't want to take on the role of disfunctional and uncaring parents.P

And I am sure they love all the people who resub at this time of year, who resub, not because it is financially worth it, but the anticipation af something nice, lets them retry the game, and maybe rediscover why they played in the past, and maybe use the new toy, to discover new space and new things.

And how those who have, if the tree is bare, find their trust is in tatters, and they never bother hoping or trying again.

Surely they wouldn't want to be that Parent, sitting in a retirement home, wondering why their Kids never call, or Visit.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Sam Spock
The Arnold Connection
#29 - 2015-12-21 20:26:53 UTC
If I remember correctly Geckos were not a holiday giveaway. It was an eve anniversary present plus extras for doing more stuff (Go industry!)

I am fine with just the trinkets since I can and do run frostline sites. The problem comes for players that don't do that sort of thing much but keeps subbing anyway. Or the unlucky guy that did 57 of them and got t-shirts, some quafe zero and some snowballs while his corpmates got officer mods. The 20 day train was a very nice thing and would be good to see it again or something like it.

One common thing that most players will agree on: we like getting stuff.

Giving you Inconsistent grammar, speilling and Punct-uation since 1974!

BogWopit
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#30 - 2015-12-22 09:48:35 UTC
Max Singularity for emperor !
George Gouillot
MASS
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2015-12-22 14:55:28 UTC
Sam Spock wrote:
Or the unlucky guy that did 57 of them and got t-shirts, some quafe zero and some snowballs while his corpmates got officer mods.

How do you know about me?
Chan'aar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-12-22 19:23:56 UTC
Weeeee trinkets are released as of now(ish)

Booooo they cannot be put into cans or even into ships cargo "This item cannot be put into cargo containers." is the error.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2015-12-22 19:35:42 UTC
Yeesh, what a lot of whining.

Thanks for the extra hugs, CCP. The Signal nerds will put them to good use Big smile
IndigoRed
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-12-22 21:59:04 UTC
Thanks for the gifts, I always look forward to these. However, out of 28 items, only 8 of them can really be used for anything besides future novel recollection of days of yore. I'd rather it was the opposite. I'd take more fireworks/launchers over some of this clutter. It would make the trinkets a bit more special if they were less spammy.

Also, this may be well known already, but I found that the 20 useless trinkets can't be moved from wherever they are redeemed. I get the following anytime I try to put them in a ship:

"This item cannot be put into cargo containers.'

Hopefully that's not working as intended.
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#35 - 2015-12-22 22:12:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Freelancer117
a Happy Festivus, for the Rest of Us Cool

source: http://i.imgur.com/fy3bE7w.jpg

Regards, a Freelancer

PS: where is the CSM 10 Electee Archive Script plz ?

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Shalmon Aliatus
Bluestar Enterprises
The Craftsmen
#36 - 2015-12-23 13:00:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalmon Aliatus
Hmm, the items where avaible today (23. December). You can redeem them, but apart from the launchers and the ammo, you can't place the items inside a ships cargohold.

"This item cannot be put into cargo containers" <- Error message if you try.
(Which is funny because you can store them in cargo containers, I added them to the station container where I store all the festive stuff)
Alder Balder
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2015-12-23 14:10:15 UTC
Lord's Prophet wrote:
One PLEX (1.2b) gives 3500 AUR, so each AUR is worth 342k ISK - you get 2 fireworks/snowballs per AUR, pricing them at about 170k ISK each.

Or you can buy them ingame for 1000-6000 ISK each on the market.

I really hope you guys adjust the AUR pricing, 100 units for 50 AUR is not a good ratio as demonstrated by the numbers above.

Yep, I think this is the gift that was given to us. Its not the AUR that is going to be adjusted, it is the ISK. They should land around 150.000 ISK/firework(snowball).

So, If you really want some bang for your buck, you should be hoarding them, because after new years eve when the smoke settles, so will the price.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#38 - 2015-12-23 18:34:20 UTC
Meat popsicle!!!
Thank you CCP!
I think I'll watch 5th elementh for 27th time now Big smile

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Karla Joss
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2015-12-23 20:58:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Karla Joss
CCP please link the thread which shows and tells us the reasons why no one can move the trinkets to other stations or put them in a ships cargo hold for that matter

thanx

OK update - you can put the trinkets in a can and THEN put them in a cargo bay....just opposite of what the notice that say's you can't put them in a container.....

wtf....
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#40 - 2015-12-24 03:54:58 UTC
Snowballs are always good.

The other stuff... not so much. Pretty much just useless database clutter. This sort of thing was interesting the first year it was done, but repeating the same old trick year after year is unimaginative and boring.

It just seems like the devs with truly creative imaginations have either burned out, or left CCP. Remember how snowballs were first introduced? Snow in the servier room - that was clever.

Note: MJFGs really should have been introduced as a short-lived Christmas gag gift, for s**ts and giggles only, esp. in high-sec.

Yeah, yeah... I'm acting like "bah Christmas humbug" Ebenezer Scrooge Grinch.... I know.

Merry Christmas to all... even to the Goons... lol!
Previous page123Next page