These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

New player, maybe you can help...

First post
Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#21 - 2015-12-15 22:34:39 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:

As much as I hate to say it.
Do not demand pigs fly.

The only 'wall' you have hit is one of your own lack of understanding. It's not a bug.

If you are calm and rational, players who have experience will be happy to help you through it, as EVE is a complex game initially.
If you get abusive, people will just ignore you as someone who lacks patience and will end up rage quitting EVE over something else in fairly short order anyway.

I'm going to be in game for most of the next three to four hours, though I may be off-line for lunch. So if you do get stuck you are welcome to send me a mail or message in game as long as you can stay polite about it all.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#22 - 2015-12-15 22:43:24 UTC
Just when you thought that the GD goldmine had run out, you find a vein of pure freaking gold!


Oh my... my dear god in heaven newbie... your entitlement, rage and tears are just.. too delicious.. i couldnt possibly eat.. another bite... of this thread. Oh, who am i kidding, im going to savor this to the last freakin' crumb.

If you read the last part in Dr Cox's voice, you were doing it right.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Paranoid Loyd
#23 - 2015-12-15 22:49:45 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
If you get abusive, people will just ignore.
This is what you hope they do. However, if you rub some people the wrong way, there may be consequences. Choose your words wisely.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Bianca Niam
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-12-15 22:57:51 UTC
Unsub and run away. You're welcome.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#25 - 2015-12-15 23:00:03 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

If you get abusive, people will just ignore you

LoL
it's more akin to actively seeking dodgy tattooed van drivers and asking for sweeties and a lift home.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#26 - 2015-12-15 23:04:45 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
If you get abusive, people will just ignore.
This is what you hope they do. However, if you rub some people the wrong way, there may be consequences. Choose your words wisely.

I tried my best to be patient and help this new player, but they wouldn't have any of it:

http://eolalliance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=411

Following that and a couple of later encounters, I think they weren't longed for Eve. Sad really.

First I've ever struck like that. Everyone else I've tried to help has been generally thankful.
Shelby Dusette
Division 13
#27 - 2015-12-15 23:10:16 UTC
I need an adult for this thread.

Mista Scip, cover my ears.


Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#28 - 2015-12-15 23:21:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Op, couple of things to mention

1) we are all in the same sand box,
if you sling insults about the place one of us might decide to go and find you in game (which is trivial) make you eat the words
(also trivial)

2) here be trolls , general discussion is where we shiptoast ,Slagg each other off and generally have a giggle at each others expense.
If you want troll free help the pop over to " new citizens questions and answers " and you will find the atmosphere much much easier.
Worth noting that we view abusive posting/trolling over there to be in particularly poor form so if you post there keep the abusive attitude to yourself or you will abruptly find the game several orders of magnitude harder.

Edit : for clarity, that's not a threat , I have no interest in you but I know some here probably already do.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#29 - 2015-12-15 23:21:24 UTC
Shelby Dusette wrote:
Mista Scip, cover my ears.

Ok. But I'm not good with anatomy. I might need to feel around a bit to find them.
Shelby Dusette
Division 13
#30 - 2015-12-15 23:28:12 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Shelby Dusette wrote:
Mista Scip, cover my ears.

Ok. But I'm not good with anatomy. I might need to feel around a bit to find them.

Wow, hot.

I can guide your hands yo.

I like helpin' new playas.

Paul Pohl
blue media poetry
#31 - 2015-12-15 23:43:07 UTC
Gosh I dread to think of the response when the OP gets to the mission where the ship blows up.....
Paranoid Loyd
#32 - 2015-12-15 23:56:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
If you get abusive, people will just ignore.
This is what you hope they do. However, if you rub some people the wrong way, there may be consequences. Choose your words wisely.

I tried my best to be patient and help this new player, but they wouldn't have any of it:

http://eolalliance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=411

Following that and a couple of later encounters, I think they weren't longed for Eve. Sad really.

First I've ever struck like that. Everyone else I've tried to help has been generally thankful.

Heh I was surprised to see an example from you, you are too patient sometimes. Blink
I think this was the finest example of recent shiptoasting and the consequences of being a **** when called out on your bad posts.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#33 - 2015-12-16 00:15:16 UTC
The upcoming summer patch: Eve Online - Angry Miners
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#34 - 2015-12-16 00:53:56 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:
I have orbited the "location" multiple times with no mission update, I figured it would be stupid for that to be "checked off".

Nothing was "purchased", everything was mined. Again, I'm a new player.

I'm pissed off because I just spent $5 to spend 3 hours doing something in hopes to get started, following what appears to be nothing for a tutorial, and immediately ran into a glitch, which nobody, including CCP, can fix, considering there being no feedback from my ticket yet.

I have redocked 50 times, you really think i wouldn't try that?

I have split the stack below 20k, redocked, put exactly 20k, returned to the "location" ove rand over, back to the station, over and over.

Anything else?

I'm surprised you managed to mine more ore than the required amount. Usually the asteroids deplete once you mine exactly the amount of ore you need.

You might consider escalating to a "stuck" petition to expedite the matter, explain you are new to the game (GMs will be more helpful and lenient with you) your frustration, and of course the issue. Provide the screenshot too. They will likely reset the mission for you (ask).
CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#35 - 2015-12-16 01:34:43 UTC
Thanks for being patient. Here's some information about what you can do if something appears not to be working properly in the game.

If your gameplay is affected, please open a support ticket with our GM department. There's a button in the help menu, but it will lead you to the following web page, which is best viewed out-of-game in a web browser:

https://ccpcommunity.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

From there, first sign in with your Eve account using the "sign in" button in the upper right, then click the large "Submit a Support Ticket" button. Choose Game Play Support for the type, and fill out the form to explain your problem. Under Category, choose "Game Play." (Do not choose "stuck" as that's only appropriate if you're entirely unable to play Eve on your character.)

The purpose of a support ticket is to get help with your account. The GM who helps you may be able to reset the mission for you or take some other action to fix the problem.

If you believe that your problems are the result of a game defect (such as a mission trigger not completing correctly) then you can also submit a bug report. The best way to do this is from inside the game. Press F12 or the ? icon on your Neocom to bring up the Help menu, then choose Report Bug, and fill out the form. Bug reports, unlike GM support requests, will not normally result in personal assistance or help dealing with the state of your account, but they can help our development team fix problems with Eve.

I am not familiar with exactly how this particular mission triggers, but I would be careful to check that you've killed the NPC that spawns (if one does) and that you mined at the mission site and not elsewhere to get your minerals. It's very possible that if a GM resets your mission you'll be able to complete it without problems.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but believe me, bug reporting quirky behavior you encounter in missions is a help to our team, and we appreciate it if you can spare the time.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#36 - 2015-12-16 05:24:05 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:
I have orbited the "location" multiple times with no mission update, I figured it would be stupid for that to be "checked off".

Nothing was "purchased", everything was mined. Again, I'm a new player.

I'm pissed off because I just spent $5 to spend 3 hours doing something in hopes to get started, following what appears to be nothing for a tutorial, and immediately ran into a glitch, which nobody, including CCP, can fix, considering there being no feedback from my ticket yet.

I have redocked 50 times, you really think i wouldn't try that?

I have split the stack below 20k, redocked, put exactly 20k, returned to the "location" ove rand over, back to the station, over and over.

Anything else?


boy, you just put a "bullseye" on your forehead with this attitude. please enjoy, the (incoming) wardecs. o7

Just Add Water

Kellie Dusette
Division 13
#37 - 2015-12-16 06:10:07 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:

boy, you just put a "bullseye" on your forehead with this attitude. please enjoy, the (incoming) wardecs. o7

How for make a wardecs this NPC corp one?


Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2015-12-16 06:15:47 UTC
That mission requires 2000m3 of ore.

From EVE SURVIVAL:


Faction: Serpentis
Mission type: Encounter / Mining
Space type: Deadspace (mwd does not work) without gates

Single Pocket

Group
warps in and aggros after first load of ore is deposited in your cargo hold
38km

1x Serpentis Spy

Mission requires you to mine 2000m3 of Banidine ore

Here is a link.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#39 - 2015-12-16 19:18:30 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:
I am on my way to clellinon to start that path.

I swear if i run into another wall i'm asking for a refund.

Paranoid Loyd wrote:
As much as I hate to say it.

Calm down miner.


As much as I hate to say it.
Do not demand pigs fly.

Most of us here are very willing to open doors for new players. but if we see you down the block running straight into a wall repeatedly we might laugh a bit.

Hasikan Miallok wrote:
That mission requires 2000m3 of ore.

From EVE SURVIVAL:


Faction: Serpentis
Mission type: Encounter / Mining
Space type: Deadspace (mwd does not work) without gates

Single Pocket

Group
warps in and aggros after first load of ore is deposited in your cargo hold
38km

1x Serpentis Spy

Mission requires you to mine 2000m3 of Banidine ore

Here is a link.

last edit 2009... I would guess an MWD works. It is also possible the NPC spawn is just a belt rat

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Previous page12