These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New player, maybe you can help...

First post
Author
Yuni Mason
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-12-15 21:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Yuni Mason
http://oi67.tinypic.com/20ie5bb.jpg

Getting this god damn error on the first ******* mission I do. I have my inventory open, showing the required mission requirements, all the god damn banidine in my inventory, and im in the ******* station for turn in, with all objectives checked on my list. This took a long ******* time to not work.

Why the **** wont it turn in?...
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-12-15 21:27:46 UTC
Hmmm, interesting, try undock / dock (if you bought the stuff in station...)? Else open a support ticket ...

I'm my own NPC alt.

Yuni Mason
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-12-15 21:30:49 UTC
Ok how do i do that?...

That isn't part of this ****** startup.
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2015-12-15 21:31:44 UTC
Did you mine the ore from the site or did you buy it?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2015-12-15 21:33:35 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:
http://oi67.tinypic.com/20ie5bb.jpg

Getting this god damn error on the first ******* mission I do. I have my inventory open, showing the required mission requirements, all the god damn banidine in my inventory, and im in the ******* station for turn in, with all objectives checked on my list. This took a long ******* time to not work.

Why the **** wont it turn in?...

Seriously, just try to undock and re-dock.

That being said, you are perfectly suited for a career in mining!

If one little thing like this can set you off to make a profanity filled thread... my god, the first time you taste a lil' antimatter while AFK.... *quivers with anticipation*... it will be glorious!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

big miker
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#6 - 2015-12-15 21:49:00 UTC
Maybe split the stack to exactly 20,000 units?
I have no idea otherwise.
Paranoid Loyd
#7 - 2015-12-15 21:52:55 UTC
big miker wrote:

That shouldn't matter, the pic indicates it is recognizing the ore, however it does not recognize that he went to the site, which is why I asked my first question. I am fairly certain that you need to go to the site so a rat will spawn (it doesn't need to be killed, just spawn)

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#8 - 2015-12-15 21:57:52 UTC
You have to finish mining the site as well from what I recall of mining missions, simply getting the required amount of ore doesn't finish it.
Solecist Project
#9 - 2015-12-15 22:00:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Please use imgur.com, it's lightweight and fast. :P

I want to comment "it says 20.000 and you have too much" ...
... but that'd be silly, so I don't. :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#10 - 2015-12-15 22:02:11 UTC
This is why you don't do mining missions people.
Solecist Project
#11 - 2015-12-15 22:07:25 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

You have to.
Mining and shooting npcs.
It's isane! Refitting, mining,running, refitting, shootin, shooting, shooting, refitting, mining, closing the mission.

Two jumps back and forth.

Every time.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#12 - 2015-12-15 22:08:23 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Please use imgur.com, it's lightweight and fast. :P

I want to comment "it says 20.000 and you have too much" ...
... but that'd be silly, so I don't. :D

No, please use http://eve-files.com/

It doesn't have excessive tracking scripts.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#13 - 2015-12-15 22:11:09 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
You have to finish mining the site as well from what I recall of mining missions, simply getting the required amount of ore doesn't finish it.

^ This.

The mission info panel (click on icon of a man in a hat = agent, if the panel is not showing) indicates where to mine.
Yuni Mason
Doomheim
#14 - 2015-12-15 22:13:28 UTC
I have orbited the "location" multiple times with no mission update, I figured it would be stupid for that to be "checked off".

Nothing was "purchased", everything was mined. Again, I'm a new player.

I'm pissed off because I just spent $5 to spend 3 hours doing something in hopes to get started, following what appears to be nothing for a tutorial, and immediately ran into a glitch, which nobody, including CCP, can fix, considering there being no feedback from my ticket yet.

I have redocked 50 times, you really think i wouldn't try that?

I have split the stack below 20k, redocked, put exactly 20k, returned to the "location" ove rand over, back to the station, over and over.

Anything else?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#15 - 2015-12-15 22:14:42 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
big miker wrote:

That shouldn't matter, the pic indicates it is recognizing the ore, however it does not recognize that he went to the site, which is why I asked my first question. I am fairly certain that you need to go to the site so a rat will spawn (it doesn't need to be killed, just spawn)

didn't do something in the site, what that exact something is I have no idea. Probably mine the whole asteroid or something like that. try that and see if the circle under objective turns into a check mark. Also scroll down and read the helpful hints.

Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

probably the best advice yet.

even mining 2,000 m3 of veldspar is worth a bit over 500k isk which is multiples of what this mission is worth.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#16 - 2015-12-15 22:18:29 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:
I have orbited the "location" multiple times with no mission update, I figured it would be stupid for that to be "checked off".

Nothing was "purchased", everything was mined. Again, I'm a new player.

I'm pissed off because I just spent $5 to spend 3 hours doing something in hopes to get started, following what appears to be nothing for a tutorial, and immediately ran into a glitch, which nobody, including CCP, can fix, considering there being no feedback from my ticket yet.

I have redocked 50 times, you really think i wouldn't try that?

I have split the stack below 20k, redocked, put exactly 20k, returned to the "location" ove rand over, back to the station, over and over.

Anything else?

Have you mined every asteroid in the mission location.
Yuni Mason
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-12-15 22:21:24 UTC
You guys seriously think i'm supposed to mine out the asteroid? The "location" isn't even near the two asteroids and it would probably take me a ******* day just to do it all. I have a tiny ship with a 135 m3 capacity.. No money, and no skills for fighting missions either.... I just did what i could to try getting enough money for some kind of mining frigate. There was no tutorial, nothing leading me toward anything which i thought was pretty cool but ******* hitting a wall of glitch right away? This is just stupid.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#18 - 2015-12-15 22:26:51 UTC
Yuni Mason wrote:
You guys seriously think i'm supposed to mine out the asteroid? The "location" isn't even near the two asteroids and it would probably take me a ******* day just to do it all. I have a tiny ship with a 135 m3 capacity.. No money, and no skills for fighting missions either.... I just did what i could to try getting enough money for some kind of mining frigate. There was no tutorial, nothing leading me toward anything which i thought was pretty cool but ******* hitting a wall of glitch right away? This is just stupid.

If you only have 135m capacity you are using the wrong ship for mining missions.
You should get at least one free venture if you do the tutorial missions, industry line I believe. Which then has a 5000m ore hold for mining.

Couster
Clellinon
Trossere

One of those three systems will be close to where you started, and contain 5 agents that will give you an introduction to each of the paths you could follow in EVE, well, 4 paths with an 'advanced combat' line also.
Paranoid Loyd
#19 - 2015-12-15 22:27:30 UTC
As much as I hate to say it.

Calm down miner.

Fix the Prospect!

Yuni Mason
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-12-15 22:30:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Yuni Mason
I am on my way to clellinon to start that path.

I swear if i run into another wall i'm asking for a refund.

Paranoid Loyd wrote:

Calm down miner.

Do not demand pigs fly.
12Next page