These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#941 - 2015-12-11 21:46:40 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
That does seem a little too easy. It seemed like my garmur was breaking the hawk without an ecm, but I think it would be more efficient to kill/ecm one logi and then dps the hawk. Although I use my own cheap variant and not the 3x cn bcu version. the 3x cn bcu version with rage rockets might be able to?

I also feel like the hawk is the easiest one to kill. It's slow, has a low HP buffer and a good resist hole.

pre lml nerf the lml garmur could kill one logi and then kill the burner. had pretty similar dps to the polar rocket garmur with jav (I think?) so rage should punch through even harder.

for me i kill 1 logi at hawk and enyo. 2 logi for the other ones. goin straight to a burner seems not douable. will test it tomorrow

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#942 - 2015-12-12 01:42:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
That does seem a little too easy. It seemed like my garmur was breaking the hawk without an ecm, but I think it would be more efficient to kill/ecm one logi and then dps the hawk. Although I use my own cheap variant and not the 3x cn bcu version. the 3x cn bcu version with rage rockets might be able to?

I also feel like the hawk is the easiest one to kill. It's slow, has a low HP buffer and a good resist hole.

pre lml nerf the lml garmur could kill one logi and then kill the burner. had pretty similar dps to the polar rocket garmur with jav (I think?) so rage should punch through even harder.

On the one hand the hawk burner can definitely stand to get a bit of a buff, a buffer one at the least but then you start homogenizing the burners even more. At least now it has 'character'? You can give it long range weapons, that will force a new build just for it (although I'll just switch to javelins I guess). Then of the burner will be less of a threat to brawler type builds since lower dps so that's not ideal either.

I mean if someone new to burners wants to ease themselves into it then I can suggest easy ones to do first and keep the hard ones like the Jag or the Worm for later. In the greater scheme of things finishing a burner in 1min or in 1min:30sec really doesn't make a huge difference as more time is spent in warp regardless.

Also you can't rely on getting the hawk burner over any of the others so you can't focus on farming just the hawk burner. *shrug*

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#943 - 2015-12-12 02:07:23 UTC
The thing I despise most about Burners is having to switch out from a battleship to a frigate or cruiser.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#944 - 2015-12-12 02:23:33 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
The thing I despise most about Burners is having to switch out from a battleship to a frigate or cruiser.

That's what I like the most Lol Having a whole hanger full of actual, useful ships that I actually use to make isk with. But hay, it's ok, I don't like using alts all that much so there's something for everyone, even people who don't like playing the game Pirate

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#945 - 2015-12-12 02:24:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Anize Oramara wrote:
That's what I like the most Lol Having a whole hanger full of actual, useful ships that I actually use to make isk with. But hay, it's ok, I don't like using alts all that much so there's something for everyone, even people who don't like playing the game Pirate

Maybe what bothers me is that the fits required to complete the Burners are so far removed from reality. You're basically fighting Officer-fit Burners.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#946 - 2015-12-12 04:34:21 UTC
well the baseline is more or less high meta with implants and links, and on top of that CCP gave them some extra advantages as they are npcs and can't do things like manual pilot. Oh and since they are NPCs ewar doesn't work as normal, a tracking disruptor would just be gold on most of them. or neut them out.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

probag Bear
Xiong Offices
#947 - 2015-12-12 10:23:30 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
I mean if someone new to burners wants to ease themselves into it then I can suggest easy ones to do first and keep the hard ones like the Jag or the Worm for later.

Off-topic, but I'm honestly curious: why is the Worm considered one of the harder rats? For me it's one of the burners where I can switch my attention away from the Eve monitor once I'm within blaster range, and just press F2 when I hear the cap alarm. I run a single, OH'd, X-type Kin hardener (~50mil>) and it's overkill by a very comfortable margin.

The only issue I can see is if you haven't played around with missiles in a while, and get 3-volleyed during the first 20 seconds, when you're burning at 4-5 km/s towards the missiles. I don't know if that's enough to kill you since I personally had the hardener OH'd my first time, but that's only a one-time lesson that you never have to worry about again, unlike wrecking shots from the turret rats (Daredevil / Jaguar for my fits).

It can't be the speed requirement either, since I run it without any speed mods/rigs/implants and only have to heat my web for 1 cycle. What am I missing?
Gustav Mannfred
Summer of Mumuit
Remember Mumuit
#948 - 2015-12-12 10:52:27 UTC
Has someone actually tested something with the navy griffin for the non team burners?

[Griffin Navy Issue, New Setup 1]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

Polarized Light Neutron Blaster, Void S
Polarized Light Neutron Blaster, Void S
Polarized Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Particle Dispersion Augmentor I
[empty rig slot]

Hobgoblin II x1

That ship does 375 dps and should be able to keep the npc permajammed, so I just can kill him without him ever being able to target and shoot me.

I actually hadn't tested that out, but I will on sisi

i'm REALY miss the old stuff. 

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=24183

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#949 - 2015-12-12 13:20:37 UTC
against worm it will not work. ecm range issue.

and remember if u fail to land a cycle the ship is toasted.
probag Bear
Xiong Offices
#950 - 2015-12-12 19:05:51 UTC
You would lose multiple Griffin Navy Issues per Burner mission.

Ignoring the fact that you will get alpha'd if you don't lock and jam immediately. Ignoring the fact that you'll have range issues on the ECM. Ignoring everything like that.
You have a ~30% (0.66^3) chance of not successfully jamming with 3 OH'd ECM and ECM only lasts 20 seconds. That means you should on average lose at least one GNI per burner mission.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#951 - 2015-12-15 03:50:09 UTC
With the Gila nerf is it still recommended against the Ashimmu?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#952 - 2015-12-15 03:58:56 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:

I have not flown it since the patch however you basically lose the BCU, which should have zero effect on the passive tank and (bearing in mind your main DPS is the drones) a pretty minimal effect on overall DPS.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#953 - 2015-12-15 04:09:16 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Shiloh Templeton wrote:

I have not flown it since the patch however you basically lose the BCU, which should have zero effect on the passive tank and (bearing in mind your main DPS is the drones) a pretty minimal effect on overall DPS.

But your drones are insta targeted and killed 100% of the time now... so I would switch to a Onyx with rapid lights or something else.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#954 - 2015-12-15 04:23:55 UTC
The Orthrus got a nerf but a bling fit should still be able to run the site with cruise V.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#955 - 2015-12-15 04:49:34 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Shiloh Templeton wrote:

But your drones are insta targeted and killed 100% of the time now... so I would switch to a Onyx with rapid lights or something else.

The first two fights I had I didn't lose a drone, since then I've lost a lot of drones. I tried flying an ecm gila it seemed to work for a moment and then full aggro went on my drones.

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#956 - 2015-12-15 05:21:56 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Shiloh Templeton wrote:

The first two fights I had I didn't lose a drone, since then I've lost a lot of drones. I tried flying an ecm gila it seemed to work for a moment and then full aggro went on my drones.

Seems like someone's drunken ear whispering into Dev ears has paid off... mission and null rats now primary drones almost every time.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#957 - 2015-12-15 05:54:58 UTC
sobOopsOops

this will hurt your isk/hour what will you do now gimini gillickers

@JerryTPepridge

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#958 - 2015-12-15 06:05:25 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
sobOopsOops

this will hurt your isk/hour what will you do now gimini gillickers

Aren't you lucky... I will have to start upping my sh!tposts per hour.

Or, not care because it was the crappiest burner anyways.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#959 - 2015-12-15 06:18:44 UTC
Well 2nd crappiest. But I guess the gurista one was DOA anyways so it doesn't really count as a burner Lol

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#960 - 2015-12-15 06:26:52 UTC
RE: the burner: it always had the option to be drone crazy, can refit to drone nav comps to keep dps on target. I typically run ~10mins maybe up to 13, I should really track that stuff but I'm lazy. Also note to self: need to remember to buy more drone nav comps.

RE afk pve nonsense, HTFU and play at the keyboard. learn to sentry. In normal missions I haven't seen any changes, although they way I play I doubt I would.