These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Remove weapon group warning

Author
Somethingski
Bunnyhop and Bears
#1 - 2015-12-12 16:14:42 UTC
Remove the warning we get when we unfit a weapon that is grouped we know that it is in a group we put it there ourself.
It gets realy anoying everytime you fit from long range to short range and you need to do a few extra clicks and when in combat that wasted time might make a difference.

Maybe give it a tickbox with "dont show this again" or just remove it.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#2 - 2015-12-14 07:07:22 UTC
this is about to become obsolete with the removal of in-combat refitting......

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#3 - 2015-12-14 13:02:49 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
this is about to become obsolete with the removal of in-combat refitting......


Yes but not in a station. Say you have docked your Paladin after doing a mission and the next mission requires mega pulses instead of the tachyons you have on. You dock and want to refit and you are aware that you loose your gun-group, so I say yeay.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Leto Aramaus
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#4 - 2015-12-14 13:51:45 UTC
Yes yes 1000x yes.

+1

So annoying.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-12-14 14:11:15 UTC
+1 would click the "don't show this again" checkbox



It used to be so much more annoying when it would give you the dialog box for every turret.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#6 - 2015-12-14 18:11:51 UTC
Option to suppress? Can't disagree with that particular popup.

+1

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#7 - 2015-12-14 18:23:41 UTC
You kids need to lose those ships instead of constantly swapping weapons systems. Unless there is a need to 'emergency unfit' your guns - I see no reason to waste time getting rid of the notification.

Reasons to EMERGENCY UNFIT your guns????
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#8 - 2015-12-14 18:37:59 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
You kids need to lose those ships instead of constantly swapping weapons systems. Unless there is a need to 'emergency unfit' your guns - I see no reason to waste time getting rid of the notification.

Reasons to EMERGENCY UNFIT your guns????


Huh? So, get a new ship if I ever need to swap weapons?

Are you high or am I misunderstanding your point? No one said anything about an emergency.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-12-14 23:22:55 UTC
CCPlease just add an option to ungroup guns before I take out my ammo! Not only is there an unskippable warning, you have to put ammo back in each gun, which gets really tedious with lasers because the used ammo doesn't stack, so you have to place them in one by one...

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Iain Cariaba
#10 - 2015-12-15 03:52:09 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
CCPlease just add an option to ungroup guns before I take out my ammo!

They already did. It's located right next to your high slot rack in the HUD.

Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Not only is there an unskippable warning,

So hard to hit the "enter" key?

Bobb Bobbington wrote:
you have to put ammo back in each gun, which gets really tedious with lasers because the used ammo doesn't stack, so you have to place them in one by one...

Try dropping them on the ship in the fitting window. It'll toss them into the weapons for you.