These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Question for Titan Pilots

Author
Darkstar01
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-12-12 00:08:45 UTC
I've always wanted to fly a Titan (simply because they're the biggest ships in the game).

My NAV is currently a little over a tril, and the ship is too expensive for me to fly because when it gets blown up, that's 10% of net wealth gone.

I was wondering for you titan pilots, what is your net wealth for you to be comfortable flying one?

Or perhaps some Titan pilots are a part of the alliance leadership, and got theirs for free or at a discount from the alliance?

Kieron VonDeux
#2 - 2015-12-12 00:24:05 UTC
I wish I had 10% of your 10%. Smile
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3 - 2015-12-12 01:04:43 UTC
Well, thats one way to brag about your wallet.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#4 - 2015-12-12 01:08:15 UTC
About 10% of my wallet goes pop each time I lose a ship in a non-reimbursable situation. That's certainly manageable.
Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#5 - 2015-12-12 01:16:31 UTC
Darkstar01 wrote:
I've always wanted to fly a Titan (simply because they're the biggest ships in the game).

My NAV is currently a little over a tril, and the ship is too expensive for me to fly because when it gets blown up, that's 10% of net wealth gone.

I was wondering for you titan pilots, what is your net wealth for you to be comfortable flying one?

Or perhaps some Titan pilots are a part of the alliance leadership, and got theirs for free or at a discount from the alliance?

How did you make a trill isk?

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-12-12 02:15:45 UTC
Hey, you're already successfull, why not burn some bridges and tell a guy with *only* 4 bil how you got there Smile

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Darkstar01
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-12-12 02:47:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkstar01
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

Well this question was intended for Titan pilots. And having 1.xx tril is no that big of a deal, because there are people with multiple trillions.

I was just wondering because nowadays, I see Titans getting blown up left and right on Killboard like it's no big deal, and some people get right back into another Titan as soon as they lose one. Perhaps some people in alliance leadership roles get them for free.

It's also much cheaper for indy renters to fly one since their build cost is some 60 bil instead of the 100 bil retail price.
Kieron VonDeux
#8 - 2015-12-12 04:00:49 UTC
Darkstar01 wrote:

Well this question was intended for Titan pilots. And having 1.xx tril is no that big of a deal, because there are people with multiple trillions.

I was just wondering because nowadays, I see Titans getting blown up left and right on Killboard like it's no big deal, and some people get right back into another Titan as soon as they lose one. Perhaps some people in alliance leadership roles get them for free.

It's also much cheaper for indy renters to fly one since their build cost is some 60 bil instead of the 100 bil retail price.

Most players I know won't sweat putting 15-20% of their isk into a single ship.
Many SC players I have known in past put 75-80% of their isk into the ship.

So, sweating putting 10% of your isk into a Titan when you want to fly it seems a bit, odd, and hard to take serious.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#9 - 2015-12-12 06:07:50 UTC
That's why you have an alt for the purpose of sitting in the ships while you are off doing other things - or 9 alts if you fly one of each supercap... Lol

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Kaska Iskalar
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-12-12 08:42:15 UTC
Darkstar01 wrote:

Why are you being such a carebear? 10% isn't all that much of a risk. And what else are you saving for anyway? You already have the biggest ship in the game.
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#11 - 2015-12-12 09:54:33 UTC
Darkstar01 wrote:

Hmmm...I think anyone with a trillion ISK in there wallet probably wouldn't be bothered to much at losing a Titan. They could make it back fairly easy, I mean they got all the way to a trill with no problems so losing 10% would just require them using the same techniques they used before. Anyone with actually a tril in their wallet would already have thought all this thru and wouldnt be to concerned with public opinion about the matter.

I call bs (or troll)

Oderint Dum Metuant

Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#12 - 2015-12-12 10:58:50 UTC
Chribba wrote:
That's why you have an alt for the purpose of sitting in the ships while you are off doing other things - or 9 alts if you fly one of each supercap... Lol

/c

Nerf chribba. 3rich5me

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Demolishar
United Aggression
#13 - 2015-12-12 12:06:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Demolishar
Your alliance should reimburse titan losses when titans are used in alliance operations.
Using titans outside of alliance operations as anything more than a jump bridge is unwise and almost certainly will result in negative isk efficiency.

I would however say that you will quit EVE from shame and ridicule long before you lose 10 Titans.

An interesting point this raises is whether you can trust your alliance to reimburse your self-bought Titan if it is used in an alliance operation. It does not seem unreasonable that the alliance should deposit a certain amount of money with Chribba which will cover any reasonable loss of titans that may occur.

This situation would unfortunately turn Chribba into somwhat of an arbiter rather than a simple third party however the evidence of whether lost titan(s) were being used on an alliance-level or personal-level operation would be clear just from looking at killboards.

It could be a lucrative business considering the quantity of money that Chribba would then have at his disposal for investment.
Always Shi
t Posting
#14 - 2015-12-12 13:36:30 UTC
Darkstar01 wrote:

You seem a little too risk averse to play EVE.

Have you considered playing Star Citizen instead? There's very little risk of losing ships there because it's never coming out.
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-12-12 13:55:51 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:

How did you make a trill isk?

Most probably either market trading or incursursion farming.

As for the original question, if asking, odds are will be low risk. It takes more than wallet to get into a position to even be privy to the supercap network of an alliance.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#16 - 2015-12-12 14:03:31 UTC
Like others have said, you have faith in your alliance to replace or at least help pay for the replacement of your ship if you lose it during whatever the acceptable use standards of your group are.

Regardless, when you have a trillion isk, losing 120bn really shouldn't be that big of a deal. You can buy any ship and fit in the game barring ultra-rare tournament uniques, plex your accounts for eternity, or buy any character on the market. This is true whether you have 900bn or a full trillion isk. The general rule of thumb that people often quote is "don't fly what you can't afford to lose". If you can afford to buy a ship 5 times over and still be fairly rich according to most people's standards then you certainly can afford to lose it.

I bought my titan at something like 200bn net asset worth, and even right now I fly around solo in tournament ships that I really can't afford to replace without a mass asset sell-off. I play the game to fly spaceships, not watch the net worth graph on jEveassets slowly increase over time.
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#17 - 2015-12-12 14:36:16 UTC
Do you want to fly it, or do you want to 'fly' it.

For one, use Sisi, for the other consider the isk as gone.

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Retribution.
#18 - 2015-12-12 17:17:43 UTC  |  Edited by: tiberiusric
Darkstar01 wrote:

So you think losing 100bill from 1 trillion is going to really make a difference? They should be quite nice when the new changes come in although still seen and used a super weapon rather than a supership is not something i wholly agree with.

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-12-12 20:04:06 UTC
I'm calling BS on the OP.

A fitted titan doesn't even cost 100 billion isk anymore.
A trillion isk and he is affraid to lose 70-80 billion isk? Yeah ok... Moving assets to sell and what not, when you have a trillion isk, is usually worth more than a titan...
Too many red flags...

Been around since the beginning.

Pix Severus
Empty You
#20 - 2015-12-12 21:28:30 UTC
You can sit on your pile of space groats like Scrooge McDuck if you want, but whats the point in having all that money if you're not going to use it?

Telling yourself that you'll start spending it when you hit X amount is like when you get carebears who'll say they'll start doing PvP when they have "just a couple more skills", but they never get around to it and quit the game out of boredom.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

12Next page