These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Ideas on how a viable F2P model would work.

First post
Author
Sitting Bull Lakota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-12-09 21:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Sitting Bull Lakota
After posting, I was hit by a veritable freight train of abuse potential of this system.
All f2p eve stuff really comes back to the question of how many is too many alts, and whether we're okay with people just leaving their characters' skill queues constantly ticking towards higher and higher sp while they never log in.
Abramul
Canadian Forces Corp
United 4 Nations
#22 - 2015-12-09 23:15:11 UTC
With severe limitations, this could be fun:
1m SP cap.
T1 frigates and related modules only.
No cloak.
No cyno.
No local.
No GCC.

And ... bring on the swarm!
I'm sure it could be abused somewhere, but personally I think the content would be worth it.
Kaska Iskalar
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-12-10 10:07:05 UTC
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-12-10 10:26:17 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
This thread has been moved to Features and Ideas.

you must be new here, this should be locked for redundancy Cool

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Mag's
Azn Empire
#25 - 2015-12-10 20:35:26 UTC
What's wrong with the current model?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-12-10 20:47:22 UTC
Mag's wrote:
What's wrong with the current model?

he cant afford a subscription, he cant make enough isk mining to buy a plex because grrr code, none of his rl friends want to play because it too expensive, he only has like 3 hours a week to play eve, grrr plex prices and many many more reason that the current model isnt working for him Cool

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jimy F
Strategic Isks Investments Corporation
#27 - 2015-12-10 21:36:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jimy F
plees close this topic, i know answer for your question, but i not tell you becouse i wish to do something like this, and if i tell you this not help me, but i can tell you it is possible :)
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-12-10 21:46:02 UTC
Jimy F wrote:
plees close this topic, i know answer for your question, but i not tell you becouse i wish to do something like this, and if i tell you this not help me, but i can tell you it is possible :)

k

Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-12-10 21:48:51 UTC
League system where you can not only buy recolors for your favorite ships, but make them look moderately different as well. Like a hurricane with spikes all over it or a crystalline vexor/ishtar option.
Alexei Stryker
Council of Stellar Erections
#30 - 2015-12-11 00:06:52 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
There would also be a feature that if you log in on a free account that it stops training on other accounts that share that IP.

OMG.. What a great idea... Because IPs addresses are static right? For your information... ISPs usually give you a dynamic IPs... means ... Your IP today is not the same as yesterday or even an hour ago...
Now imagine how your idea would work out...
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#31 - 2015-12-11 02:28:38 UTC
As others have pointed out: F2P already is built into the game.

It is PLEX. Earn 1+ billion isk per month and you can play the game for free.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#32 - 2015-12-11 05:42:14 UTC
Way too much stuff scales linearly with the number of alts you throw at it.
Ten times the alts = ten times the industrial pipelines = ten times the market orders = ten times the mining barges = ten times the PI bases.

A signature :o

Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2015-12-11 06:48:59 UTC
Petrified wrote:

It used to be a lot less. I blame the lask of ISK sinks.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-12-11 11:20:56 UTC
Linna Excel wrote:
Petrified wrote:

It used to be a lot less. I blame the lask of ISK sinks.

i blame individual incomes

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2015-12-11 11:23:19 UTC
Shallanna Yassavi wrote:
Way too much stuff scales linearly with the number of alts you throw at it.
Ten times the alts = ten times the industrial pipelines = ten times the market orders = ten times the mining barges = ten times the PI bases.

10 times the cost aswell :)

Solecist Project
#36 - 2015-12-11 12:07:39 UTC
Petrified wrote:

Except thag it's not free, because it costs time, which equals work.
Unlike actual free2play crap, where you don't even have to invest time/work.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#37 - 2015-12-11 19:06:25 UTC
Why not just get a job and pay the subscription?
Kiriana Beoulve
Brotherhood of Shadow Omega
#38 - 2015-12-12 01:55:27 UTC
Free to play is only a good model for drawing in teenagers that occasionally get money and blow it on microtransactions. EVE just doesn't work that way, and if tried to, it would lose its core players. EVE has kept a sense of achievement because it's only done very minor dumb-downs, unlike WoW.

A free to play model would need to cut attributes in half, and bar those players from certain skills and ships.

Personally I'd rather see a sanctioned PvP ranking/tier system and high tier PvE content, but hey. I'd like to see PvP that doesn't involve hours of downtime ending in a usually one sided fight.
Previous page12