These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

The hate for miners and industrialists is unreal!

First post
Author
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#41 - 2015-12-11 00:51:23 UTC
Azure Feixing wrote:


Because you must not have read the rest of the thread. I specifically said that a GOOD WAY to eliminate other miners is through ganking, only when you are at war. Normal gankers do not pick and choose who they shoot. Alliances and corps will. There is an effective way to monopolize the larger markets. Gankers do more harm than good.


I assume you have prepared a detailed analysis to support this completely-in-opposition-to-basic-economic-theory assertion of yours that you're going to crack out and wow us with at any moment, right?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#42 - 2015-12-11 00:55:15 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Whadaya know, I go to the kill boards and see a silly loss driving this post. RollRoll


That's gotta be worth at least 8 points on the GD Bingo Card?

Azure Feixing wrote:
Pretty sure I covered this topic. Perhaps reading and ANALYZING the whole thread will help.


i've read it. my analysis is as follows:

You flew a hilariously badly fit hauler into Lowsec and got popped by an Orthrus. This gives rise to some pretty basic questions, like, did you or anyone in your corp scout the gate? You supposedly have 26 corpmates you can call upon for these sorts of things.

As to said spectacularly failfit Tayra. You chose to use precisely zero tank and no afterburner, despite a plethora of open slots simply yearning to be filled with these generally useful, ship saving devices.

So, you've made three stupendously bad decisions in quick succession and been given an ISK125m lesson in How To EVE as a result.

I suggest you learn from those mistakes, else you'll them again. Coming onto forums and bleating about nasty, nasty people simply provides delicious, live affirming tears to your killer and all those of us who would have gladly taken that shot at you in the same situation.


In fact my loss is not driving this thread. This remains and open debate regarding the future of eve and proper use of PVP, along with corp/alliance structure. This was not a lesson. I was in a hurry to get this stuff into the WH, and did not have time to get a proper fit. This hardly scratches my wallet, thusly your argument is invalid. I have suffered MANY losses on all of my toons. Lost blockade runners to lucky ganks, and freighters to the pathetically weak. What I have learned from my combined 5 years playing experience is that no one stops to consider the ramifications of their actions in EVE, or how they can contribute to making the game more fun, and active, and competitive. I am not saying that these things don't happen, or shouldn't. I am saying they should happen for a reason. If you take anything from what I have said take that. If people had reasons to do what they do, and thought of the game on a larger scale, EVE would be the BEST game. But the greedy nature of the PVP player, and all human beings prevents it.
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#43 - 2015-12-11 00:55:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
Mining and ganking together form a self-stabilizing system: If the hardships the poor little miners have to face start outweighing the gains, miners will stop mining, supply will diminish and prices will rise, thereby making all the trouble worthwhile for the remaining ones. At the same time, ganking will get more expensive for the big, evil pvpers, resulting in fewer, more select ganks, giving the miners more space.

At the current state, Miners must be in a good position, otherwise there wouldn't be just as many. There's so much ore being mined, that minerals and in turn ships are cheap as dirt, compared to the income gained from other PvE activities.
Elite Harvester
Elite Harvesters
#44 - 2015-12-11 00:57:06 UTC
Azure Feixing wrote:
People seem to think that miners and industrialists are lazy, and pathetic? Im sorry but without us EVE would not exist.

Huh, that's funny. And here I thought CCP were the ones who created EVE Online.
Azure Feixing wrote:
You know who does not contribute to the economy? Station traders.

If the price is too high then nobody will buy. The issue corrects itself.
Azure Feixing wrote:
You know who else does nothing to contribute to the economy? Gankers, and PVP players.

Because a universe where spaceships and goods never need replaced is bad business for those who manufacture them, right?
Azure Feixing wrote:
Its just nuts.

Yes, this thread is nuts.

Have a nice day! Pirate

Visit www.MinerBumping.com to find out how you can help save Highsec.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#45 - 2015-12-11 00:57:11 UTC
Azure Feixing wrote:
I specifically said that a GOOD WAY to eliminate other miners is through ganking, only when you are at war

What's the acceptable way to kill a miner or industrialist that is in an NPC Corp then?

Wouldn't all miners and industrialists just stay in NPC Corps and be essentially immune from conflict if war is the only way?
Paranoid Loyd
#46 - 2015-12-11 00:59:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Azure Feixing wrote:
In fact my loss is not driving this thread.
Just a coincidence

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Mortlake
Somalian Coast Guard Authority
#47 - 2015-12-11 01:00:53 UTC
The hyena does not hate the limping wildebeest calf or the naive warthog piglet, it simply sees food.

Be the porcupine, not the pork.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#48 - 2015-12-11 01:03:50 UTC
Azure Feixing wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:
Azure Feixing wrote:
Don't hate me, hate those other guys.



I did not say this. Why you try to do this is just ridiculous. Anyone can forge a qoute like this below

Neuntausend wrote:
I enjoy twisting information and not reading the whole thread.


Really? I did not know that. And here I thought I was being smart. :(
Paranoid Loyd
#49 - 2015-12-11 01:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#50 - 2015-12-11 01:09:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.



Locked. Thrown away the key. EVE Is not a nice game.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#51 - 2015-12-11 01:16:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
CCP Falcon wrote:


Some of the people complaining in this thread have valid points about the fact that they don't feel safe. Simple fact of the matter is, that you're not suppose to feel safe in New Eden.

Eve is not a game for the faint hearted. It's a game that will chew you up and spit you out in the blink of an eye if you even think about letting your guard down or becoming complacent.

While every other MMO starts off with an intro that tells you you're going to be the savior of the realm, holds your hand, protects you, nurtures your development and ultimately guides you to your destiny as a hero along with several other million players who've had the exact same experience, EVE assaults you from the second you begin to play after you create a character, spitting you out into a universe that under the surface, is so complex that it's enough to make your head explode.

The entire design is based around being harsh, vicious, relentless, hostile and cold. It's about action and reaction, and the story that unfolds as you experience these two things.

True, we're working hard to lower the bar of entry so that more players can enjoy EVE and can get into the game. Our NPE (New Player Experience) is challenging, and we're trying to improve it to better prepare rookies for what lies out there, but when you start to play eve, you'll always start out as the little fish in the big pond.

The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what's around you, and its your choice whether that happens to be New Eden's abundant natural resources, or the other people who're also fighting their way to the top.

EVE is a playing experience like no other, where every action or reaction resonates through a single universe and is felt by players from all corners of the word. There are no shards here, no mirror universes, no instances and very few rules. If you stumble across something valuable, then chances are someone else already knows where you are, or is working their way toward you and you better be prepared to fight for what you've discovered.

EVE will test you from the outset, from the very second you undock and glimpse the stars, and will take pleasure from sorting those who can survive from those who'd rather curl up and perish.

EVE will let you fight until you collapse, then let you struggle to your feet, exhausted from the effort. Then when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel it'll kick you flat on your ass in the mud again and ask you why you deserve to be standing. It'll test you against every other individual playing at some point or another, and it'll ask for answers.

Give it an answer and maybe it'll let you up again, long enough to gather your thoughts. After a few more steps you're on the ground again and it's asking more questions.

EVE is designed to be harsh, it's designed to be challenging, and it's designed to be so deep and complex that it should fascinate and terrify you at the same time.

Corporation, Alliances and coalitions of tens of thousands have risen and fallen on these basic principles, and every one of those thousands of people has their own unique story to tell about how it affected them and what they experienced.

That's the beauty of EVE. Action and reaction. Emergence.

Welcome to the most frightening virtual playground you'll ever experience.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Previous page123