These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

The hate for miners and industrialists is unreal!

First post
Author
Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-12-10 23:03:27 UTC
It seems wherever I go I get hate mail. People seem to think that miners and industrialists are lazy, and pathetic? Im sorry but without us EVE would not exist. We turn what eve gives us into the end products that other players need. We CONTRIBUTE TO THE ECONOMY?

You know who does not contribute to the economy? Station traders. Even as more miners appear, the prices products continue to rise, partially because the pathetic station traders sit there and jack prices up. To make a buck they take something that was 10,000 ISK and make it 11,000, than 13,000 than 25,000 than 75,000 than 100,000 etc etc, soon prices are crazy because station traders are just trying to make a quick buck.

You know who else does nothing to contribute to the economy? Gankers, and PVP players. The majority of them just plex their accounts to play. Plexing is the WORST thing to happen to the EVE economy. Instead of people having to work to convert what EVE gives us into resources, and eventually ISK, PVP players just show up with 1.2bil ISK that no one had to work for, which drives prices up!

Its just nuts. The amount of low-life scum that just leech off of the economy is crazy, and these scumbags still have the audacity to blame miners for rising prices, or hate on us?
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-12-10 23:07:25 UTC
Azure Feixing wrote:
You know who else does nothing to contribute to the economy? Gankers
I suppose removing half a trillion isk from the economy over the past two years did nothing to remove supply and drive demand up. Roll

Learn to economy.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#3 - 2015-12-10 23:08:40 UTC
Gankers and PVP create the demand for your minerals.

Also PLEXinge is by no means harmful to the economy, as the isk is not generated from nothing.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-12-10 23:08:47 UTC
To ammend this, PVP players CAN play an important role. But they do not. They also take the easy route of preying on miners and cargo ships. If they actually engaged in PVP, started wars and played the game like it is supposed to be played, than EVE would be much better off. But EVE has just come to nothing but PVP players leeching off the workers of EVE, nothing more, nothing less.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#5 - 2015-12-10 23:08:54 UTC
Pokes the offering
It stinks of troll bait.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Kaska Iskalar
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-12-10 23:11:38 UTC
Azure Feixing wrote:
You know who else does nothing to contribute to the economy? Gankers, and PVP players.

As in the people who create demand for your products. You realize stuff in Eve never wears out, right? If not for stuff exploding nobody would ever need to buy anything. It's the circle of life and it moves us all.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#7 - 2015-12-10 23:11:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Azure Feixing wrote:
It seems wherever I go I get hate mail. People seem to think that miners and industrialists are lazy, and pathetic? Im sorry but without us EVE would not exist. We turn what eve gives us into the end products that other players need. We CONTRIBUTE TO THE ECONOMY?

You know who does not contribute to the economy? Station traders. Even as more miners appear, the prices products continue to rise, partially because the pathetic station traders sit there and jack prices up. To make a buck they take something that was 10,000 ISK and make it 11,000, than 13,000 than 25,000 than 75,000 than 100,000 etc etc, soon prices are crazy because station traders are just trying to make a quick buck.

You know who else does nothing to contribute to the economy? Gankers, and PVP players. The majority of them just plex their accounts to play. Plexing is the WORST thing to happen to the EVE economy. Instead of people having to work to convert what EVE gives us into resources, and eventually ISK, PVP players just show up with 1.2bil ISK that no one had to work for, which drives prices up!

Its just nuts. The amount of low-life scum that just leech off of the economy is crazy, and these scumbags still have the audacity to blame miners for rising prices, or hate on us?

The only hate I see here is yours. That would be a miners perspective then?

Quality thread though. Have a like friend.
Paranoid Loyd
#8 - 2015-12-10 23:12:38 UTC
Whadaya know, I go to the kill boards and see a silly loss driving this post. RollRoll

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Xavindo Sirober
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-12-10 23:12:59 UTC
Outside the fact that this trollpost is ranting let me remind you though,

Even in our Corp we have people that have jobs and play the game, and yet plex their account, or we even gave them a plex because they just couldn't afford the game. not everyone has good salary.

And also, everyone in this game has atleast mined once, because we all know how it feels like, some love it, most hate it.

And we all know that we need them.

If you are so pissed off about the station traders, become one and undercut them every damn second they post something if you want to actually do something about it. become the messiah of plex.

People play this game for fun, some people like to gank, most like to pvp, how are you gonna make ur money mining if nobody is gonna pvp anymore? since there is no new ships required to build.

Blaming everyone isn't gonna help anyone either.
Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-12-10 23:13:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Azure Feixing
In response to all of the above posts:

Gankers and PVP do generate need for product. But at the same time if they are all coming after us the economy cannot grow, and will ultimately wither and die.

If players went to war, and played the game like it was supposed to be, none of this would be happening.
Paranoid Loyd
#11 - 2015-12-10 23:15:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
So are you just trolling or are you really that dumb?

If I produce Mining Barges and I pay people to gank the mining barges that are already out there how does that not help my position with regards to the demand for said barges?

My ganking losses alone are 20 bil, I suppose no one benefited from my demand for more ships.

Fix the Prospect!

Xavindo Sirober
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-12-10 23:16:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Xavindo Sirober
Azure Feixing wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Azure Feixing wrote:
You know who else does nothing to contribute to the economy? Gankers
I suppose removing half a trillion isk from the economy over the past two years did nothing to remove supply and drive demand up. Roll

Learn to economy.

The gankers do NOT HELP the economy when they just turn around and Kill miners! It does no good if they just turn around and ruin everything that went towards building their ships. If they ganked actauly PVP ships, or did something else, than that 500b would mean something

Mining barges/catalysts are build from thin air?
They do help the economy, while having fun blowing stuff up. its you who is not having fun. less netflix, more awareness prevents almost any loss for a ship while mining
Chris Kovach
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-12-10 23:17:29 UTC
Is this post for real? I have hard time deciding if the poster is a genuine lego bricks nerd or neckbeard...
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#14 - 2015-12-10 23:18:52 UTC
Well, aren't you a bag of sunshine? Look, just because you don't agree with their playstyle doesn't mean they are "low-life scum". It certainly doesn't mean they don't contribute to Eve or its economy any more than you do for that matter. To be fair, they have no more or less freedom to do as they will than you do.

If you do truly feel as though you are being harassed in anyway that is contrary to legitimate gameplay, then the proper outlet would be a petition. I will say that this game does ask quite a bit from players in terms of who fits and who doesn't. You may not like hearing it, but you are going to have to learn to accept that not everyone here plays the same way, as the rules to this game allow for players to explore both noble and sometimes less than noble methods to get what they want out of it, even a times at the cost of another players belongings. That's called competition, and this game is a competitive game at its very core. That's not easy for some to swallow, but it is what it is.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#15 - 2015-12-10 23:19:15 UTC
Every profession has a place in this game. Without that synergy and rivalry this game would have died long ago.

That's all I have to say on the topic.

Mr Epeen Cool
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#16 - 2015-12-10 23:19:15 UTC
Chris Kovach wrote:
I have hard time deciding if the poster is a genuine lego bricks nerd or neckbeard...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbmk3pSKyKFAY90V21F9tlTIHENy-NTJZMl_a5UvjQl_Yp2pwfmHzG0MlaEg
Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-12-10 23:24:20 UTC
The stupidity of the PVP and Gankers just goes to show how doomed the eve economy may be.

If PVP went on as it was supposed to (That being that factions and alliances are trying to kill each other, and eliminate the opposing infrastructure while protecting their own), the economy would be much better off. Instead this is how PVP goes

Player PLEXES, buys PVP ship, kills miners.

Thats just not productive. Its harder for us to sell things and make profits if the very items we are producing are just being used to destroy us. It creates a double negative, which is not how EVE should work

"Every profession has a place in this game. Without that synergy and rivalry this game would have died long ago.

That's all I have to say on the topic."

I agree, I think that ALL playstyles are valuable, if played properly. Gankers, PVP players, and everyone else could be playing Vital roles in the economy, and having WAY WAY WAY more fun! Instead you just sit around and kill us. Would it not be more fun to go charging into battle, fleet vs fleet, knowing that your corps/alliances indy players are hard at work making everything you need, compared to just sitting around all day killing anything that moves?

Thats all I am going to say.
Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#18 - 2015-12-10 23:24:51 UTC
[quote=Azure Feixing) If they actually engaged in PVP, started wars and played the game like it is supposed to be played,[/quote]
Dude, you Indy players and pvp'ers alike need to get this through your thick skulls. This game is a sandbox. Once they have subscribed people can play however the **** they choose. Learn to eve.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Paranoid Loyd
#19 - 2015-12-10 23:25:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Ok so you're trolling, IBTL

Fix the Prospect!

Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-12-10 23:29:41 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Ok so you're trolling, IBTL

No. I mean what I say. Eve is not as good as it used to be. It seems like players have abandoned EVEs former values and adopted easier ways.
123Next page