These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

A letter to CCP

Author
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-12-10 17:06:33 UTC
I'm with you, it was fun killing those FW mission bombers as an entry level solo PvP experience ... no more. Cry

I'm my own NPC alt.

Nalia White
Tencus
#22 - 2015-12-10 17:11:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Nalia White
well you have some good points in there of course but seriously. you are ranting that there is a proper tutorial now and you had to learn everything yourself? seriously? also you complain that the graphics actualy got updated and space isn't looking like the windows 95 screen saver anymore? and on top of that you rant that you can't make billions solo anymore without effort?

you seem to have other issues mate :)

gaming was always my biggest hobby and since i play eve i rarely play other games so i am also very invested in this game. the decline in numbers and some actions from ccp makes me a bit sad but after reading your post it seems more like a nostalgia issue you have.

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#23 - 2015-12-10 17:18:54 UTC
Mevius Three wrote:
As somebody who commented on Steam said...

Well, I read up to this point, and then it lost all credibility.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Paranoid Loyd
#24 - 2015-12-10 17:20:49 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Mevius Three wrote:

But that's pretty much the end.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Avvy
Doomheim
#25 - 2015-12-10 17:30:48 UTC
I agree with the colouring of systems, it's very odd having space coloured like your faction. Much preferred the old space look.

I also agree about making things easier, continually making things easier tends to ruin games.

Although as for some of the changes, they occur due to groups going over the top and so a way of balancing it back out is looked at.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#26 - 2015-12-10 17:31:11 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Mevius Three wrote:

But that's pretty much the end.

Meaning that the ending invalidated all that came before it. Thus is the power of the Steam review.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-12-10 20:16:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
Epic wall of text from threadmaker Lol
Epic short summary from me why you are whining:
*Weeeeeeee Ia am not able to make 300mil/h with a 4 month old toon in minmatar militia while risking a 30mil bomber. Weeeeee.... I hate you CCP....*

Bear

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#28 - 2015-12-10 23:18:17 UTC
OP, I agree with some of your points and I have other reasons that my care factor for EVE is dropping.

Don't worry about people getting fixated on the FW stuff. They missed the point of your letter by a mile.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#29 - 2015-12-10 23:47:13 UTC
Nick Bete wrote:
Eve is a game not a MENSA exam or a RL job. It's supposed to be fun not just an eternally dark and grim grindfest.

People taking eve seriously + the same people losing assets = drama, grief and tears

And I find this equation fun. Therefore I disagree with you.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#30 - 2015-12-11 00:16:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Jenn aSide wrote:
It's even happening with missions now that some people are noticing you can't blitz a few of them like you could up till last week lol.

Not that I'm complaining about blitzing vanishing as I always didn't like it and felt full complete was the way to go, could you provide details?

As for Op.
Obscure is not hard.
Bad game mechanics are not hard.
Strange exceptions that were a hack to allow fit testing are not hard.
Literally everything you are complaining about has actually been an improvement to the game as it means you can no longer exploit bizarre game mechanics. Now those who pull off good awox'es actually deserve it. Incidentally, all the news worthy awoxes were in low sec & null sec, including awox themselves. And therefore would still have been possible under the flag.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#31 - 2015-12-11 00:44:24 UTC
Write to CCP begging for an avatar change cuz your pic sucks it hard.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Azure Feixing
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-12-11 01:27:18 UTC
I read this and I see only a few things

People with nothing better to do lashing out at people who have different opinions. Such as society now, if they dont think like you, they must be destroyed.

And your toon was created in 2013, how did you play since 2009.

Oh, and people have been leaving eve for a while now. CCP in a desperate attempt to save it made it easier for noobs to play. Big whoop. Just keep playing, you dont know how long it will last.
Oliver Delorean
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2015-12-11 05:31:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Oliver Delorean
_player = _this select 0;
_game = _this select 1;
_gameDev = _this select 3;

_whine = (_selection in ["cry","whine","nagging"]);

// Ignore whiner

if (((_player && !isNull _badMood) || (_whine && badMood(_player))) && isNil {_player getVariable "ignore_Mood"}) then
{

[_player, _mood, _type] call IGNORE_player;

};

// Accept positive people

if (goodMood(_player)) then
{

if (_selection = "happy","noProblems","adapt") then
{

_player = if (_selection == "") then { agree } else { _player setMood _relaxed };

}:

}:

_endStory
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#34 - 2015-12-11 08:06:49 UTC
ah...hmm....I ah...well....hmmmm.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Mevius Three
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#35 - 2015-12-11 08:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mevius Three
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
OP, I agree with some of your points and I have other reasons that my care factor for EVE is dropping.

Don't worry about people getting fixated on the FW stuff. They missed the point of your letter by a mile.

Sorry that you're losing your love for EVE too, but thanks for the support! :) It does seem like most people made this about FW and ran with it haha Big smile

Someone did make a good point though, perhaps my issue is more of a nostalgic one, but if the game was as good as it was in my first 2 years on EVE, maybe me and people like me wouldn't be feeling nostalgic in the way that "the good days are gone" and considering leaving, kinda thing.

Overall though the majority of people here seem fairly happy with the game so far so maybe the playerbase has just changed, and most of the ones that weren't happy have already left, who knows!
Solecist Project
#36 - 2015-12-11 08:36:50 UTC
Oliver Delorean wrote:
_player = _this select 0;
_game = _this select 1;
_gameDev = _this select 3;

_whine = (_selection in ["cry","whine","nagging"]);

// Ignore whiner

if (((_player && !isNull _badMood) || (_whine && badMood(_player))) && isNil {_player getVariable "ignore_Mood"}) then
{

[_player, _mood, _type] call IGNORE_player;

};

// Accept positive people

if (goodMood(_player)) then
{

if (_selection = "happy","noProblems","adapt") then
{

_player = if (_selection == "") then { agree } else { _player setMood _relaxed };

}:

}:

_endStory

This is the reason why I prefer pascal, python and even x86 or ARM assembler.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#37 - 2015-12-11 08:54:48 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

C000 LDA #$ 00
C002 STA D020

That is the extend of my coding prowess, pretty much.
Solecist Project
#38 - 2015-12-11 09:11:11 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

C000 LDA #$ 00
C002 STA D020

That is the extend of my coding prowess, pretty much.

6502 ?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#39 - 2015-12-11 09:13:12 UTC
C64 master race. Still have it including all the peripherals, even the silly ones.
Solecist Project
#40 - 2015-12-11 09:20:47 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
C64 master race. Still have it including all the peripherals, even the silly ones.

Niiice! :D

I still have mine as well. My dad made a cable to connect an old PC years ago.
I've been using a 486 notebook as harddisk ... damn I should unburry it. ^_^

We're the real MVPs. :D

Previous page123Next page