These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12

Inf[l]ight - D-Scan Filter & Ship Database - March 1.7

Author
#21 - 2015-05-22 13:49:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
New PDF and online version

Improvements:

• Ship database enhanced (inter alia: added column for drone bandwidth/capacity).
  • Added optional audio feedback for speech recognition.
  • Added optional speech output for filter result.
  • Fleet composition shows how many fleet members are docked or in space.
  • Fleet composition summary shows in which solar systems fleet members are located.
  • Added some foolish easter eggs.
#22 - 2015-06-24 07:51:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut

Improvements:

• Pasted data can be saved/shared and loaded.
  • Enhanced speech recognition.

About sharing:

A scout can paste his d-scan, filter it for interesting stuff and share it inclusive filter settings. That allows a scout to draw attention on something specific. Examples:

When you share or load a paste "too frequently" spam protection takes effect. As result you cannot share or load a paste for 5 minutes.

The in-game browser has problems with rewriting URLs, so the handling of URLs after sharing and pressing "Clear inputs" is a little bit different then in modern out-of-game browsers.

After a "certain time" the shared data will be deleted automatically.

oZ
#23 - 2015-07-10 12:22:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
New online version

Improvements:

• Additional filter option for d-scans.
#24 - 2015-07-16 20:26:06 UTC
Regarding the "weak resist" column, T2 would be clearer with just their main two vulnerabilities.

So currently for a Basilisk, it lists Exp, Em and Kin. They all seem equal, it would read like em or kin wouldn't matter.
It would be a lot clearer with something like
... "EM > Exp" to state the trend. (And Kin > Exp for minmatar, Exp > Em for gallente, Therm > Em for Amarr Tech 2)

It lists the drone bay, but not the bandwidth. For examples, 50 on the brutix, 75 on the astarte, yet they both have a 50 bandwidth. "50" for brutix and "50+" for astarte (having same bandwidth and backup drones) would say more.

The "U" row could also state "hardpoints/total highslots", would make a difference especially showing for bhaals and abaddons/rokhs, with the bhaal showing 3 utility highs when it usually uses its 4 hardpoints for even more neuts on a regular basis, and both abaddons/rokhs are like swiss army knifes for respective fleets when held near a carrier, reffitting their 8 highslots to neuts or smartbombs quite frequently.
So "4/7" for a bhaal, or "8/8" for the other two. If the bhaal shoots lasers at you, it most likely has 3 bonused neuts.

Like that sheet, just think those columns could be more informative.
#25 - 2015-07-17 12:39:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
Thanks for your feedback!

Lloyd Roses wrote:
Regarding the "weak resist" column...

I improved the tooltip (on "Resis") a little bit how to read the values (and hope that it is good enough to understand). But you are right, a "<" is better understandable...

I show 3 values, because in reality all 3 resistance/EHP values are often nearly the same and if the third shown is "Kin", a ship with "Kin" damage bonus should use it. If "Kin" is not shown (because it is the highest resistance) it might be more effective to use another missile type.

Lloyd Roses wrote:
It lists the drone bay, but not the bandwidth...

Added in latest version.

Lloyd Roses wrote:
The "U" row could also state total highslots...

Amount of high slots added in latest version.

oZ
#26 - 2015-07-26 10:53:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
New online version

Improvements:

• "Clean d-scan" option (remove ships of fleet members from d-scan).
  • Ship database enhanced.
  • In-game browser: "Trusted Site" support, for determination of solar system name.
  • In-game browser: Set solar system destination for d-scans.

About "Clean d-scan":

A d-scan result can contain friend and foe. To get an approximation of the real amount of enemies, you can now subtract ships of a fleet composition from a d-scan (only fleet members/ships that are in same solar system and in space are included in the calculation). You can also share or load subtracted data (the underlying fleet composition will not be shared or loaded because of information hiding).

For cleaning a d-scan you need a fleet composition and a d-scan that contains the solar system name (the solar system name can be determined if you trust the website in in-game browser or at least one celestial body or station is shown in your d-scan).

When you paste a (or load a shared) fleet composition, check "Clean d-scan" and also paste a d-scan, the tool will estimate the "real" numbers. You can repeatedly paste updated data as long this option is checked.

This feature does not consider standings of d-scan entries. If there are multiple friendly fleets in solar system or the fleets are moving fast and pasted data hasn't been updated "Clean d-scan" visualization is less meaningful.

Note:

For copying a fleet composition you have to have the appropriate access right. If you have it, you can click on the icon in "Fleet" tab → "Show Fleet Composition" → Ctrl + A in the "Fleet composition" window → Ctrl + C and paste it into Inf[l]ight.

Sample calculation:

20 Tempests on d-scan. 15 Tempests are in your fleet, but only 10 of them are in same system and ...

• 10 of them are in d-scan range = The result table will show the correct amount of 10 "possibly opponent" Tempests.
  • 5 of them are in d-scan range = The result table will show at least 10 "possibly opponent" Tempests and not the correct amount of 15.
  • 0 of them are in d-scan range = The result table will show at least 10 "possibly opponent" Tempests and not the correct amount of 20.
#27 - 2015-08-03 21:02:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
New online version

Improvements:

• D-scan visualization also shows "combat probes", "control towers", etc. (example).
  • Handling (RIGHT MOUSE deletes last filter term, LEFT MOUSE adds clicked term).

Note:

For sharing enhanced d-scan visualizations I had to delete all old d-scans from database.
#28 - 2015-08-04 00:38:14 UTC
Came looking for content. Left satisfied. Bookmarked.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

#29 - 2015-09-30 12:07:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut

Improvements:

• Added a short summary of d-scan for pasting into an intel channel.
  • Ship database updated to Vanguard.
#30 - 2015-12-09 14:05:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut

Improvements:

• Ship database updated to December 1.1.
  • Ships with a "Micro Jump Field Generator" have a special e-war color-code.
Of Sound Mind
#31 - 2015-12-24 12:28:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Calavoow2
Could you detail how you calculate the resists?
For example, the Harbinger has as base stats expl,kin,ther,em on the armor resists, but on the website actually is the,kin,exp(,em).
The confessor also has two resists swappped: the,em,kin instead of the,kin,em.
#32 - 2015-12-25 21:30:55 UTC
I want to show the effective (weakest) resistances (determined on basis of a large EFT fittings "database" with commonly used fittings). So in some cases the natural resistance hole is not the weakest in my sheet, because the ship has the slots (and CPU or PG) to close that hole without losing to much of the fitting objective. Of course it is a subjective value, but in many cases it suits quite accurately.

Maybe I should change the name from "resistance" to "resistance to shoot at", because I calculate the EHP of a ship (combined shield and armor values). So for the Confessor the ARMOR resistances are indeed THE, KIN, EM (and many popular fits have EHP/resistance in that order) but in my opinion/EFT-fits-db the average minimal EHP/resistance is THE, EM, KIN. But I am open to change that values if someone tells me, that I am talking bulls*it because of XYZ! Often enough the first three or the second and third EHP/resistance are very close together so the resistances order doesn't matter that much anyway.

About the Harbinger values: When I determined the resistances values, I weighted shield fitted fleet fits too high. Shield Harbingers are not that popular, so I will edit the values. Thanks for pointing it out!

Maybe I would avoid confusions if I would show the (shield/armor specific) base resistances instead, but I think in general the current subjective values are more helpful...
Of Sound Mind
#33 - 2015-12-25 21:42:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Calavoow2
Zeitonaut wrote:
I want to show the effective (weakest) resistances (determined on basis of a large EFT fittings "database" with commonly used fittings). So in some cases the natural resistance hole is not the weakest in my sheet, because the ship has the slots (and CPU or PG) to close that hole without losing to much of the fitting objective. Of course it is a subjective value, but in many cases it suits quite accurately.

Maybe I should change the name from "resistance" to "resistance to shoot at", because I calculate the EHP of a ship (combined shield and armor values). So for the Confessor the ARMOR resistances are indeed THE, KIN, EM (and many popular fits have EHP/resistance in that order) but in my opinion/EFT-fits-db the average minimal EHP/resistance is THE, EM, KIN. But I am open to change that values if someone tells me, that I am talking bulls*it because of XYZ! Often enough the first three or the second and third EHP/resistance are very close together so the resistances order doesn't matter that much anyway.

About the Harbinger values: When I determined the resistances values, I weighted shield fitted fleet fits too high. Shield Harbingers are not that popular, so I will edit the values. Thanks for pointing it out!

Maybe I would avoid confusions if I would show the (shield/armor specific) base resistances instead, but I think in general the current subjective values are more helpful...

In my opinion you can post 'bare' resistance order. The player himself may then decide if he would like to shoot at the normal resist hole or try a secondary or tertiary resist.
Also, your average EHP will probably not take into account reppers, which are a significant confounding factor for taking into account shield EHP on an armor ship and vice versa.

Now a big contribution is armor resists if the ship is usually armor tanked, or shield resists if it is shield tanked. If both types of tanks are common you may want to post both resist profiles (if they are very different).
#34 - 2016-02-26 08:26:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
New version

Improvements:

• Drop down list with predefined filters (e.g. "Tackle").
  • Fleet member locations/system names can be used as filter now.
  • Added wrecks (PvP and PvE separated) and Capsules detection.
  • Added ship type icons.
  • Found system name of d-scan is dotlan link now.

PDF version no longer maintained.

Fly aware!
#35 - 2016-04-02 22:17:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Zeitonaut
New version of d-scan filter & ship database

Improvements:

• New, more useful summary.
  • "Clean d-scan" handling.
  • Ship type name is color coded to indicate threat level.
  • Merged columns and added metagroup icons.
2 PagesPrevious page12