These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mouse dispersing

Author
Super Miguel
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#1 - 2015-12-03 03:25:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Miguel
I been experiencing an issues where the mouse cursor just disappears... ill be playing eve and the cursor disappears i can move the mouse and i see things coming on and off, so the mouse is working i just dont see the cursor.

Im running 3 monitors 4k resolution... when it happens it only happen on 1 screen, if i manage to switch the client to another screen the cursor comes back up... Minimizing the game and bring it backup doesnt not fix it..
Also running DX9

update:
I disconnected one monitor, so i started using only 1 and still happened... I tried reloading windows 10 and still happening, tried AMT beta drivers and same issue.

I cant replicate the issue it just happened randomly, when it does happen, my only choice is to make the game go to another screen, or change the resolution, or change its mode from windowed to fullscreen or vice versa...
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2 - 2015-12-03 03:36:48 UTC
Alt + F9 should fix that.

Hope it does.

Ctrl + F9 will remove the whole UI for great screenshots and Alt + F9 does the same for the cursor
Super Miguel
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#3 - 2015-12-03 04:15:55 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Alt + F9 should fix that.

Hope it does.

Ctrl + F9 will remove the whole UI for great screenshots and Alt + F9 does the same for the cursor

will try that... next time it happens
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#4 - 2015-12-03 11:39:19 UTC
I'd try throwing gobbets of cheese all over the joint...that should get your mice to disperse around your house. :)

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

BLACK-STAR
#5 - 2015-12-03 15:26:02 UTC
This may be a driver issue, just check that out and see. Just prompt a driver update (abroad, not just the mouse, your monitors alone). Even a reboot might work this.
Super Miguel
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#6 - 2015-12-08 20:10:29 UTC
updated initial post... still having issue
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#7 - 2015-12-08 21:31:28 UTC
I have this issue too, and I'm on a Mac. So it's a generic Eve client issue, not related to a computer type, or an OS.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Super Miguel
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#8 - 2015-12-09 04:29:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Miguel
Vincent Athena wrote:
I have this issue too, and I'm on a Mac. So it's a generic Eve client issue, not related to a computer type, or an OS.

what kind of mouse do you have?