These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Linux

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

December relesse

Author
CoffinQueen
Academy of the Unseen Arts
The Potato Alliance
#21 - 2015-12-08 17:09:49 UTC
Alexander Kaan wrote:


I have received reports about people using wine 1.8rc3 and having no problem at all with today's patch, but I can't verify it just yet.



I installed wine 1.8rc3 using the instructions here http://linuxdaddy.com/blog/install-wine-on-ubuntu/ and it seems to work so far here. I'm playing since 10 minutes now and docked/undocked... nothing terrible happened until now Big smile
Thanks Alexander Kaan for hinting to that.
Alexander Kaan
Quietly lurking at the Edge of Infinity
#22 - 2015-12-08 17:15:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexander Kaan
I do not have hard data on this but I seem to notice an FPS drop compared to pre-patch Eve, although I repeat it for those who will miss it in previous page:

Upgrading Wine to at least version 1.7.52 solved the issue for me and many others.
Syrix Death
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2015-12-08 17:22:05 UTC
Globulin Kaundur wrote:
can confirm this:


won't work:

wine-development 1.7.29-4


does work (with "aptitude install -t jessie-backports wine-development")

wine-development 1.7.52-1~bpo8+1


thx


Seems like it is not necessary to do it like this. I just used PLAYONLINUX to install wine 1.8-rc3

https://i.imgur.com/H6YsnRO.png

This wine settings work for me

Please try it too if ya using PlayOnLinux
Alejah Anshi
Lords and Ladies of event horizon
H.O.M.E. Coalition
#24 - 2015-12-08 18:33:05 UTC
Not a single DEV support yet?
This is really bad...

EVE Online-Abonnement eingestellt
Sie haben Ihr EVE Online-Abonnement eingestellt.
Ihr Konto wird bei Ablauf des derzeitigen Abonnements, am 26 Mai 2016, eingestellt.
...
meaning: good bye eve

wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x1eca0000 at address 0xf716ece9 (thread 0044), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x1eca0000 in 32-bit code (0xf716ece9).
Register dump:
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
EIP:f716ece9 ESP:0033a3cc EBP:0000000c EFLAGS:00010206( R- -- I - -P- )
Zwei Stein
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-12-08 18:39:28 UTC
Wine 1.8-rc3 full funkcion :-)
MAnuOmNama
All-Out
#26 - 2015-12-08 18:42:00 UTC
Don't rely on Dev support.... There is a fix. Update wine. Sorted.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#27 - 2015-12-08 18:55:38 UTC
Confirming wine 1.8rc3 is working in Mint 17.2. literally < 5minute fix.

Fixed the launcher issues also.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Alejah Anshi
Lords and Ladies of event horizon
H.O.M.E. Coalition
#28 - 2015-12-08 19:07:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Alejah Anshi
MAnuOmNama wrote:
Don't rely on Dev support.... There is a fix. Update wine. Sorted.

There is a REASON why it is marked unstable: meaning under VERY FIRST STAGE of development!
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#29 - 2015-12-08 19:24:10 UTC
Eve is not in the Ubuntu repository at all, so I guess that means it's even worse than unstable - yet you use it. How come?

Besides - there's a reason why Eve is not marketed for Linux as well. It's not for linux. I mean - if you feel you need to go because you haven't been able to login for a few hours - bye bye, I guess.

But cut them some slack. Show me another Publisher that cares about it's linux community as much without even having a Linux title.

Apart from that: Grow some balls - it's not like in-development Wine will fry your system. Wine-dev releases have been rather stable for years.
Statfar Novi
Core Collapse Inc
#30 - 2015-12-08 19:28:10 UTC
I cannot update wine due to graphical glitches when using 1.7-1.8 I can't resolve (got an older nvidia card in my lappy) please fix with 1.6 please!!!
Raabe
Omni-InternOps
#31 - 2015-12-08 19:29:44 UTC
hi,
fix for me:
i have updated playonlinux and wine to latest stable official versions.
and set in wine "win xp" for eve.

@Sytix Death
"...just used PLAYONLINUX to install wine 1.8-rc3"
how???



never change a running system!

Fuzzy TheBear
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2015-12-08 19:30:33 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Confirming wine 1.8rc3 is working in Mint 17.2. literally < 5minute fix.

Fixed the launcher issues also.



Im on mint also .. but can't find a package for that version ..
what's the trick ?

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#33 - 2015-12-08 19:46:35 UTC
I suppose you could add the wine ppa for ubuntu and install it from there.
Statfar Novi
Core Collapse Inc
#34 - 2015-12-08 19:48:16 UTC
Fuzzy TheBear wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Confirming wine 1.8rc3 is working in Mint 17.2. literally < 5minute fix.

Fixed the launcher issues also.



Im on mint also .. but can't find a package for that version ..
what's the trick ?




Install playonlinux > tools > manage wine versions

then run with something like:

/home/mydir/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-x86/1.7.55-d3dadapter/bin/wine /home/mydir/.wine/drive_c/Prog*/CCP/EVE/bin/exefile.exe
Syrix Death
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2015-12-08 19:49:59 UTC
Raabe wrote:
hi,

@Sytix Death
"...just used PLAYONLINUX to install wine 1.8-rc3"
how???



Easy

PlayOnLinux GUI
first https://i.imgur.com/qTS5FPc.png
than https://i.imgur.com/q1HWb51.png

Done wine 1.8-rc3 installed. choose it to be used in the respective WINEPREFIX
MAnuOmNama
All-Out
#36 - 2015-12-08 19:51:48 UTC
Statfar Novi wrote:
I cannot update wine due to graphical glitches when using 1.7-1.8 I can't resolve (got an older nvidia card in my lappy) please fix with 1.6 please!!!



Whats the GPU? Might need bumblebee.
Statfar Novi
Core Collapse Inc
#37 - 2015-12-08 19:53:55 UTC
MAnuOmNama wrote:
Statfar Novi wrote:
I cannot update wine due to graphical glitches when using 1.7-1.8 I can't resolve (got an older nvidia card in my lappy) please fix with 1.6 please!!!



Whats the GPU? Might need bumblebee.



VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216GLM [Quadro FX 880M] (rev a2)
MAnuOmNama
All-Out
#38 - 2015-12-08 19:54:30 UTC
Alejah Anshi wrote:
MAnuOmNama wrote:
Don't rely on Dev support.... There is a fix. Update wine. Sorted.

There is a REASON why it is marked unstable: meaning under VERY FIRST STAGE of development!


Tbh I have found the later 'unstable' versions of a lot of things to be very, very stable. Running arch has been the smoothest linux experience I have had and it involves a lot of 'unstable' versions. Any way we are getting off track.
MAnuOmNama
All-Out
#39 - 2015-12-08 19:56:06 UTC
Statfar Novi wrote:
MAnuOmNama wrote:
Statfar Novi wrote:
I cannot update wine due to graphical glitches when using 1.7-1.8 I can't resolve (got an older nvidia card in my lappy) please fix with 1.6 please!!!



Whats the GPU? Might need bumblebee.



VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216GLM [Quadro FX 880M] (rev a2)


I don't know that GPU but is it an optimus card? Are you using primusrun or optirun to launch eve??
Statfar Novi
Core Collapse Inc
#40 - 2015-12-08 20:01:34 UTC
MAnuOmNama wrote:
Statfar Novi wrote:
MAnuOmNama wrote:
Statfar Novi wrote:
I cannot update wine due to graphical glitches when using 1.7-1.8 I can't resolve (got an older nvidia card in my lappy) please fix with 1.6 please!!!



Whats the GPU? Might need bumblebee.



VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216GLM [Quadro FX 880M] (rev a2)


I don't know that GPU but is it an optimus card? Are you using primusrun or optirun to launch eve??


Hi MAn,

No cant find any google on my card and bumblebee so guess it isnt

Running eve with:
R600_DEBUG=hyperz taskset -c 4-5 /home/mydir/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-x86/1.7.55-d3dadapter/bin/wine /home/mydir/.wine/drive_c/Prog*/CCP/EVE/bin/exefile.exe \/triPlatform=dx9