These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Linux

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Solved] alt scrolling issues

Author
Zosius
The Nordic Associates
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2015-11-23 18:20:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Zosius
Does anyone else experience issues with alt+scrolling when trying to resize probes? I get command search popup in ubuntu while zooming and/or resizing probes. In other words a complete mess. EVE window wont keep focus.

I tried turning off in CCSM View Point settings that had same shortcut (alt+btn4-5), but that didn't help. Any suggestions?
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#2 - 2015-11-24 08:01:30 UTC
Means your WM uses alt+scroll for something. Disable WM hotkey.
winecfg has some option llike allow WM to manage wine windows or something. May try poking that, but not sure if it helps.

Personally I have openbox, and remapping/disabling alt+scroll and ctrl+click stuff in openbox config helped, but this is WM specific.
Zosius
The Nordic Associates
#3 - 2015-12-07 14:27:36 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Means your WM uses alt+scroll for something. Disable WM hotkey.
winecfg has some option llike allow WM to manage wine windows or something. May try poking that, but not sure if it helps.

Personally I have openbox, and remapping/disabling alt+scroll and ctrl+click stuff in openbox config helped, but this is WM specific.

Unfortunately taking away that option did not help. Regarding WM using shortcuts, only one who use alt+button4-5 was expo plugin, which I turned off via compiz config, but it did not do the trick. I can't find anything else that has this shortcut assigned in the system.

I can't be the only one trying to resize probes and have this issue. Also shortcut doesn't seem to be very consistant. It does not react if i scroll very slowly. Window focuses only when I scroll 2+ lines.

Here how it looks: http://i.imgur.com/R00YDz1.png
Zosius
The Nordic Associates
#4 - 2015-12-08 20:35:06 UTC
OK, so solution is very straighforward: disable Key to show HUD

it's amazing how revisiting problem with fresh mind can solve it.