These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Look what i found!!! questionable legality inside.... i needs dis

Author
ARMORINE
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-12-07 05:24:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ARMORINE
http://www.gambody.com/3d-models/eve-online-rifter

if we could get input from ccp on this. that would be great cause i want it, i want it bad! ccp really needs to get there shenanigans together and start making models or else more stuff like this is gonna start popping up.

seriously ccp i have a big desk and need crap to fill it with....and a few shelves.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#2 - 2015-12-07 05:50:18 UTC
The English they use on that website (read the info link bottom left) is beyond terrible yet they were so friendly to post their address. They also have the gall to state something about copyright...

CCP rolls D20 for "Righteous Lawyer" and strikes Gambody doing ultimate damage.
ARMORINE
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-12-07 06:08:35 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
The English they use on that website (read the info link bottom left) is beyond terrible yet they were so friendly to post their address. They also have the gall to state something about copyright...

CCP rolls D20 for "Righteous Lawyer" and strikes Gambody doing ultimate damage.

you found something about copyright? hah i looked and couldnt find anything. the best part? i found this on Facebook as a recommended page.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-12-07 08:19:20 UTC
So...what's Facebook supposed to be, some kind of digital temple?

Aside from that. Outrage! Outrage! Citizens of a developing country are ripping off copyrighted material!
(Assuming what they're selling actually works, and it's not just the claim and a picture of a Rifter.)

There just isn't anything that can be said!

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-12-07 09:48:55 UTC
Nice find, I like it and the price is definitely affordable.

Hopefully it's legit.

DMC
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#6 - 2015-12-07 10:07:45 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Hopefully it's legit.

DMC

What they're selling is a 3D printer file. So the "production cost" falls completely on you.
Xenuria
#7 - 2015-12-07 10:15:28 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Hopefully it's legit.

DMC

What they're selling is a 3D printer file. So the "production cost" falls completely on you.

Yes... Interesting how that works.

You wouldn't download a car.

Technically speaking they are still profiting from copyrighted content. The copyright holder being CCP.

Solecist Project
#8 - 2015-12-07 10:40:11 UTC
You should mail this to security@ccpgames.com ...

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#9 - 2015-12-07 11:56:14 UTC
"Rifter is an agile, but deadly battleship, known for its attack capabilities and maneuverability"

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-12-07 13:02:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
Technically this might be a gray area. They aren't selling you a Rifter Model. They are selling you the files to make the parts that when combined look like a Rifter model.

It is kinda like how Ebay can't sell guns, but they can sell you all the parts of a gun and you put it together *snip* Real life politics *snip* ISD Max Trix

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

The Power Broker
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-12-07 13:35:41 UTC
If CCP can't get their crap together and supply the community with models etc from a legit source then there's a gap that can be filled by someone else!
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-12-07 14:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Technically this might be a gray area. They aren't selling you a Rifter Model. They are selling you the files to make the parts that when combined look like a Rifter model.

Doesn't look very grey to me, to be honest. It's similar to sheet music. If you were to sell copies of sheet music for a copyrighted piece, you'd not be selling the music itself, but the owners would probably come down hard at you sooner or later.

Not that I mind. I am not a huge fan of how copyright is being handled these days.
ARMORINE
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-12-07 17:08:59 UTC
looks like theyr also making an astero and megathron. ill definitly take an astero.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#14 - 2015-12-07 17:38:08 UTC
you can get the rifter from a legit source you know

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OFFICALLY-LICENSED-BY-CCP-GAMES-EVE-ONLINE-RIFTER-FRIGATE-KIT-BY-SMTS/281726307584

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#15 - 2015-12-07 17:52:17 UTC
and as stated, if you feel this might not be legit, send a mail to security@ccpgames.com

Eve For life.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#16 - 2015-12-07 17:53:41 UTC
More hilarity from the Astero model:

"True experts of this legendary MMOG video game will instantly recognize this super agile, stealthy and relatively roomy fighter, capable of delivering any types of cargo from the dangerous and far away depth of the universe. Alternative types of fuel, possibility to cloak and even take a hi make this fighter irreplaceable for those, who seek adventures and wish to earn some cash."

You heard it here first folks. The Astero is the new cargo/fuel hauling fighter. EPIC CARRIER BUFF INCOMING.

WHY ARE WE HEARING THESE THINGS FROM GAMBODY CCP??!?!!??!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#17 - 2015-12-07 18:06:57 UTC
oh and i took the trouble of reporting this myself

Eve For life.

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#18 - 2015-12-07 18:08:46 UTC
DaReaper wrote:

It'll probably do as much good as bug reporting.
ARMORINE
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-12-07 18:16:16 UTC
i just want a dev response. maybe we can pester them about buying a 3d printer then....or get them to contract with some one. i REALLY REALLY want a maulus. the unloved maulus
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#20 - 2015-12-07 18:25:11 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

It'll probably do as much good as bug reporting.

In all likelihood, as soon as their precious IP is even tangentially at risk, they'll spring like a sprinter at the 100m start line.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

12Next page