These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What happens to Eve.....

Author
met worst
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-01-08 05:46:10 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
Goons abandoned NC

Even if we hadn't stood down the NC would have fallen because they weren't even logging in to save themselves. The NC died because they had bad leaders, bad policies and really bad morale...it had nothing to do with Goons.

Yes. Ofc.

And it was never ever determined who "tipped" NC off about "a fleet" in Uemon and then "tipped" the russkies about the NC reaction? THAT's when half of NC chose not to fight anymore.

The war was over that day.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-01-08 05:48:05 UTC
met worst wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
Goons abandoned NC

Even if we hadn't stood down the NC would have fallen because they weren't even logging in to save themselves. The NC died because they had bad leaders, bad policies and really bad morale...it had nothing to do with Goons.

Yes. Ofc.

And it was never ever determined who "tipped" NC off about "a fleet" in Uemon and then "tipped" the russkies about the NC reaction? THAT's when half of NC chose not to fight anymore.

The war was over that day.

Yeah because there weren't any PL spies in any NC corps...Roll

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Vyl Vit
#23 - 2012-01-08 05:51:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
Goons abandoned NC

met worst wrote:
I don't actually care if I am wrong.

That much is obvious

Good observations all. I had to parse this on the fly. The OP is whining because his alliance fell apart, and he's blaming the Goons because he can't bear to admit, or doesn't understand, what really happened? Anyway, that's what I got from all this...at last.

I hate to call Mittens a genius...since he obviously isn't. But, it doesn't take a genius to organize well. Regardless of Mittens' mental stature, he's also got to have the people with him that can do the do. So...it's interesting and makes EVE a richer environment, not one in peril.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Professor Alphane
Les Corsaires Diable
#24 - 2012-01-08 05:51:23 UTC
met worst wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

met worst wrote:
Mittens is no fool

The biggest fools throughout history have been those who convinced others they were uber-smart, and then started believing it themselves.

Beware the unassuming, pasty-faced man in the clown costume.

What you've got a clown costume on, it's hard to tell from this angle? Lol

Anyhow jokes aside, most likely history will repeat itself and the goons will be a distant memory one day only mentioned to scare noobs Twisted

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#25 - 2012-01-08 06:11:28 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:
met worst wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

met worst wrote:
Mittens is no fool

The biggest fools throughout history have been those who convinced others they were uber-smart, and then started believing it themselves.

Beware the unassuming, pasty-faced man in the clown costume.

What you've got a clown costume on, it's hard to tell from this angle? Lol

Anyhow jokes aside, most likely history will repeat itself and the goons will be a distant memory one day only mentioned to scare noobs Twisted

Goons will never die completely, the game needs someone to hate, and for some reason, it has always been goons..

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

met worst
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-01-08 06:15:31 UTC  |  Edited by: met worst
Professor Alphane wrote:

I can only hope you're right. Sorta feel that CCP maybe shoulda put a moratorium on invading cap heavy sov alliances so soon after a "cap nerf" brought to you by......

[Drum Roll]

The Invaders.....

PS: Of course. That's ONLY if Mittens continues to declare his wonderful CSM achievements and "fair treatment" of ALL Eve players as he rides his war elephant into battle to control MORE of Eve's wealth.

EDIT: TLDR - CCP has been sucker punched.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-01-08 06:35:13 UTC
met worst wrote:
PS: Of course. That's ONLY if Mittens continues to declare his wonderful CSM achievements and "fair treatment" of ALL Eve players as he rides his war elephant into battle to control MORE of Eve's wealth.

Can you name a case of him or anybody on the CSM doing something that was unfair to any group of people in Eve? Something other than getting supers nerfed because I have a sneaking suspicion you aren't able to be objective about that particular issue..

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Valei Khurelem
#28 - 2012-01-08 06:59:41 UTC
From what I know he's constantly whining about people mining ice in high security space and seems to think that if he ganks enough hulks it will make CCP listen.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-01-08 07:16:10 UTC
It's all part of the CFC plan to take over the entire galaxy.

1. Take over all the tech moons in the north.
  2. Stop selling technetium on the open market.
  3. T2 prices skyrocket.
  4. Laugh at everybody.
  5. Eventually conquer all of Eve with our unassailable T2 fleet while everyone else is stuck using T1 ships and fittings
  6. Get bored and reset everything.
Zey Nadar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-01-08 07:21:02 UTC
met worst wrote:
When the Goons own it all?

Same thing what happened when NC owned 66% of it.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#31 - 2012-01-08 07:26:15 UTC
Stop voting for testi or goons CSM candidates.

watch them fail at eve.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-01-08 07:39:03 UTC
met worst wrote:
Sirinda wrote:
Eh, I'll just make a fortune selling tinfoil.

Seriously, you keep telling yourself that. Whose gonna stop 'em?

The same thing that stopped everyone else who "owned all the wealth in the game", entropy. But then people would have to have a functional memory or an ability to research the past to know that.

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#33 - 2012-01-08 07:43:06 UTC
o.O

A good percentage of people were calling for the super nerf, they were way OP and posed such a risk to smaller alliances that they basically CAUSED the nullsec stagnation that has untill recently been seen. Hell i personally don't think they have gone far enough.

It amazes me that people say the super nerf was all because of mittens. hell pandemic legion has 2 members on the CSM, they are probably one of the most super heavy alliances in the game, don't you think they would have had as much influence on CCP as mittens if they wanted them to stay the way they were? The fact of the matter is supers were the I WIN button in eve, and needed to be knocked down a bit.

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

met worst
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-01-08 08:08:09 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:

Can you name a case of him or anybody on the CSM doing something that was unfair to any group of people in Eve? Something other than getting supers nerfed because I have a sneaking suspicion you aren't able to be objective about that particular issue..

The point was made several times by many that the strength of the DRF supercap fleet was the only thing stopping Goons. It is FAR too much of a co-incidence that the drive for the north came on the back of that nerf but not before. This is all too pat and smacks of pre-planned conivance between supposed enemies and a hijacking of a CSM agenda under an auspice of "fairness".

As for someone stating that 2 x PL were on the CSM to "balance" the view. Pfft. Whose side are they actually on anyway? Have the lines been drawn yet?

Besides, dissecting individual scap victories as a reason for the nerf are and were invalid. Goons could have fielded just as many scaps as anyone else and chose not to. It's a case of change the game so we can win. It happened and it's happening.

Absolutely convinced that CCP were played here and I'll stand by my "conspiracy theory" until proven otherwise.
Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-01-08 08:10:35 UTC
met worst wrote:

Absolutely convinced that CCP were played here and I'll stand by my "conspiracy theory" until proven otherwise.

Actually your the one with the conspiracy, so if you want anyone else to care its up to you to convince us. Also, it is categorically impossible to prove a negative assertion, even this one. So you'll be standing for a while.

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-01-08 08:58:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jafit McJafitson
Asuka Solo wrote:
Stop voting for testi or goons CSM candidates.

watch them fail at eve.

Yes... we're so successful because we manipulate the game through the CSM. That's why we've got a game full of overpowered supercapitals and we rely mostly on sub-caps. Supers still murder subcaps.

Shall I tell you why we're successful? It's because we don't take Eve at all seriously. We're terrible at this game and we know it.

Come to Hakonen and sit cloaked off the 7-7 station. Watch us engage a hostile gang 100km off the station, we'll wander over there in a hap-hazzard fasion one by one and the wrecks will pile up, before realising 'hey guys, maybe we should fleet up and, y'know, co-operate?'

We'll send a 150 man alpha fleet up against White Noise and Raiden knowing full well that Raiden have their supercaps logged on and ready to drop on us, but it's Friday night and we've been shooting structures all week so f*ck it , let's do it anyway, and laugh while they press the win button before they spam 'gf gf gf gf gf o7o7o7o7o7o7m8m8m8m8m8m8' in local.

We read corpmails and forum posts from other alliances courtesy of our spies, CEOs sperging out over sh*t-fits and embarassing lossmails. Meanwhile our KB has a weekly hall of shame at the top showcasing our most expensive losses (Farewell morale Kronos, you will be missed). Not a week goes by in Fountain that we don't lose a 3 Tengus or an Archon because some dumbass was ratting while there were neutrals in local.

So we aren't easily affected by ingame defeat, our community is more important than ingame events. You can kill our internet spaceships, take our sov, kill our supers if we had any, but you'll never take away our local-spam, fleetchat p0rn, or our Teamspeak concerts.
Tore Vest
#37 - 2012-01-08 09:01:29 UTC
Have CCP/goons won allreaddy ?
wow....
that was fast Shocked

No troll.

Samantha Utama
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-01-08 09:12:39 UTC
met worst wrote:
Sirinda wrote:
Eh, I'll just make a fortune selling tinfoil.

Seriously, you keep telling yourself that. Whose gonna stop 'em?

I've heard of this United Hisec Front alliance that may be the goon's downfall.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2012-01-08 09:14:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
because the CFC doesn't have a supercapital fleet lawl

the developers didn't have the foresight to realize that hundreds of supercapitals would be in the game. they eventually realized that they were no longer rare, they got nerfed, and hopefully iterative rebalancing will repurpose the ships. oh man, that must be so hard to wrap your head around.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-01-08 09:14:44 UTC
had to check this wasn't a thread bumped from 2008

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.