These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

What happens to Eve.....

Author
met worst
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-01-08 04:50:57 UTC
When the Goons own it all?

Does a serious threat exist for all 0.0 alliances if Goons take the entire north region. They will have secured most of the wealth in game.

Whether you think CSM manipulation helped this along or not, will it be a threat to the game?

>>> Ctrl Lock, F1, F2, F3 your responses BEFORE the Goons get here...... QUICK!!!
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#2 - 2012-01-08 04:52:28 UTC
Eh, I'll just make a fortune selling tinfoil.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#3 - 2012-01-08 04:53:10 UTC
All it takes for a big alliance to fall is 1 very well entrenched thief.

Anyway, worst that would happen is, they would get bored...
met worst
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-01-08 04:55:19 UTC
Sirinda wrote:

Seriously, you keep telling yourself that. Whose gonna stop 'em?
Elessa Enaka
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-01-08 05:01:14 UTC
CCP pushes the reset button on everything in 0.0 or watches as the sandbox withers and dies from stagnation

Devour to survive, so it is, so it's always been Eve is a great game if you can get past all of the asshats....

met worst
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-01-08 05:06:27 UTC  |  Edited by: met worst
Elessa Enaka wrote:
CCP pushes the reset button on everything in 0.0 or watches as the sandbox withers and dies from stagnation

And I concur. I am deadly serious when I recall all the events leading up to this point.

From the fall of NC (by "ironically" a huge chunk of WN), to GSF letting NC fall, to cap nerfs to WN being the first to go (with some of the largest WN corps jumping to - GSF?). Too many co-incidences for a conspiracy theory although I will entertain that thought as well. It's a discussion point, not a fact sheet on Eve politics.

Why post this? What would be the Holy Grail? The ultimate Eve experience?

Please consider.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#7 - 2012-01-08 05:07:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
met worst wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

If not organized players, the Jove, a.k.a. CCP.

An alliance of 9k slovenly, basement-dwelling neckbeards is no match for 1 Jove Polaris frigate.

People used to speculate the same nonsense about BOB. BOB who, you say?

The minute the goon buffoons affect CCP's revenue in a meaningful fashion is the same minute they get nerfed.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Vyl Vit
#8 - 2012-01-08 05:08:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
The point is, why were the Goons and Russkies the only ones to take advantage of the huge vacume left by BoB's disappearance. Seeing them fill that hole NOW is a bit too late. Where were you when it was time to get in on the party?

Maybe that's a bit vague. As long as nobody else attempts a serious run at them, they'll sit in the catbird seat, assuming they don't respond in kind. It's what wars are made from, contention. I remember when the Goons were barely squeaking by. But, they persisted, and it paid off. Why should they be criticized for being effective? Why should the game be criticized if its dynamics afford such an opportunity to those who dare take it?

The remedy is to be just as effective...or moreso if you wish to tip the scale. It's all there waiting to be done. Do it.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-01-08 05:12:01 UTC
met worst wrote:
GSF letting NC fall

lol...so which horrible NC alliance did you belong to?

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

met worst
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-01-08 05:14:15 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
met worst wrote:
Sirinda wrote:

If not organized players, the Jove, a.k.a. CCP.

An alliance of 9k slovenly, basement-dwelling neckbeards is no match for 1 Jove Polaris frigate.

People used to speculate the same nonsense about BOB. BOB who, you say?

The minute the goon buffoons affect CCP's revenue in a meaningful fashion is the same minute they get nerfed.

Organised players? Who?

Mittens is no fool and while he has had the enviable position of CSM head, many things have fallen his way - his political savvy is street smart and he has no shortage of wealth or sheep to do his bidding.

Let's face it, you REALLY think the cap nerf was to make null "more interesting"? This whole "war" is going to polarise null like never before and for mine, you saw it here first.
Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#11 - 2012-01-08 05:15:20 UTC
Oh noes BoB is killing eve!
No wait its the russians!
No wait its the NC!
No wait its the russians again!
No now it's Goons!

Everytime an alliance get too big for its pants, another coalition forms to take it down.

Next time it will be the 99 percent ;)

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-01-08 05:16:09 UTC
Tallianna Avenkarde wrote:
Next time it will be the 99 percent ;)

Personally I'm rooting for those guys.

met worst
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-01-08 05:17:12 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
GSF letting NC fall

I went WITH Goons on the first of the "rescue NC ops". Lost my ship in M8 (from memory) on the first day. Re-shipped, spent 100's of millions setting up for a prolonged engagement and then went home after 3 days after being told to stand down - "no fight here".

I was THERE.
Vyl Vit
#14 - 2012-01-08 05:20:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
The true dynamic is the "Bridge Too Far" syndrome. Trying to own it all, but not having competent talent added to your ranks as you add to your domain will result, eventually, in over-extension. No alliance can own it all unless they can add to their numbers at the same rate they're taking territory...unless...they're allowed to do it.

It didn't take much to discover BoB was over-extended. But, how long were they that thin but everyone thought they could physically hold the terrain they claimed? How long did it take for folks to figure out there's a difference between that "1500 members" and how many of that number actually played anymore?

Once that over-extension was discovered, BoB was folded up like a cheap suit. The Russkies have to worry about that. The Goons have to do the same, and so does anyone else who'd deign attempt the same. I like it. It makes things interesting.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Ascendic
Polaris Syndicate
#15 - 2012-01-08 05:21:37 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
GSF letting NC fall

There is something wrong with your face
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-01-08 05:24:41 UTC
met worst wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
GSF letting NC fall

I went WITH Goons on the first of the "rescue NC ops". Lost my ship in M8 (from memory) on the first day. Re-shipped, spent 100's of millions setting up for a prolonged engagement and then went home after 3 days after being told to stand down - "no fight here".

I was THERE.

Do you know why you were told to stand down? Because while Goons, Test and the rest of the CFC were forming 3-4 full fleets along with our cap and supercap fleets the NC guys were showing up with 30 guys in armor hacs. After this happening several times it became clear that the NC was expecting us to rescue them even though they couldn't bother to log on.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#17 - 2012-01-08 05:30:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
met worst wrote:

Organised players? Who?

Whoever eventually combines forces to do it. if no one does, and goons eventually affect CCP's revenue because enough players think the game is rigged or lopsided, CCP will clean house.

met worst wrote:

Mittens is no fool

The biggest fools throughout history have been those who convinced others they were uber-smart, and then started believing it themselves.

met worst wrote:

Let's face it, you REALLY think the cap nerf was to make null "more interesting"? This whole "war" is going to polarise null like never before

The more polarized things get the more incentive for others to organize and affect change. This could be through direct conflict or simple attrition.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

met worst
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-01-08 05:33:08 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
met worst wrote:
GSF letting NC fall

I was THERE.

Do you know why you were told to stand down? Because while Goons, Test and the rest of the CFC were forming 3-4 full fleets along with our cap and supercap fleets the NC guys were showing up with 30 guys in armor hacs. After this happening several times it became clear that the NC was expecting us to rescue them even though they couldn't bother to log on.

Certainly did understand the reasons. Just can't help thinking that that reluctance to fight was well known and part of "the plan".

Goons abandoned NC, let WN do the deed and now WN apathy in the north has grafted the same result as WN corps bail so very, very quickly. Is money doing funny things to loyalty?

Regardless, too much of a pretty-pictured jigsaw is starting to come together Ms. Harlot and I don't actually care if I am wrong - just needed to get this topic down and my thoughts put on record.

Perhaps time will tell.
met worst
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-01-08 05:36:43 UTC  |  Edited by: met worst
Doc Fury wrote:

met worst wrote:
Mittens is no fool

The biggest fools throughout history have been those who convinced others they were uber-smart, and then started believing it themselves.

Beware the unassuming, pasty-faced man in the clown costume.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2012-01-08 05:40:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ladie Harlot
met worst wrote:
Goons abandoned NC

Even if we hadn't stood down the NC would have fallen because they weren't even logging in to save themselves. The NC died because they had bad leaders, bad policies and really bad morale...it had nothing to do with Goons.

met worst wrote:
I don't actually care if I am wrong.

That much is obvious

123Next pageLast page