These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Best choice amongst Caldari T2 cruisers

Author
Altair Taurus
#1 - 2015-12-02 11:33:48 UTC
Because I trained Caldari Cruiser skill to V to be able to fly Tengu now I can train T2 Caldari cruisers quite quickly. However I am not sure which T2 cruiser class would be the best for me:

- HAC: Cerberus, Eagle
- HIC: Onyx
- force & combat recons: Falcon, Rook
- logistics: Basilisk

I'd like to try high-sec combat exploration, low-sec PvP and maybe null-sec solo gate-camping.
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-12-02 11:34:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
Rapid Light Rook

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Valkin Mordirc
#3 - 2015-12-02 11:41:59 UTC
A HAM or RLML Rook is really good, you don't fit cancer just go a full tank/tackle fit. It's surprisingly good.

Eagle is largely a fleet ship, not good for Solo but good when it's numbers are in the multiple. Brave had rather good luck with it.

Cerb is a good solo boat, Heavies work really well with it as a kitter. RLML tear frigs apart and you can fit a X-L ASB with it.

Onyx can fit a HUUUGE tank. Like a Stupid tank. So it RLML fitting with an overtank, makes it good for small gang fighting.

Basilisk is again largely a fleet ship, just like the Guardian is.

But I would for sure check out the Rook if I was you,
#DeleteTheWeak
Altair Taurus
#4 - 2015-12-02 11:42:22 UTC
Rook? What usage?
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-12-02 11:43:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
all the usage!

I quite like the eagle aswell, rails on an eagle get some good range, good for gatecamping and shooting stuff from outside bubbles, rook is just a cool all around ships, good dps, decent tank, can fit ecm if you are doing solo camping, doesnt appear on dscan :)

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Valkin Mordirc
#6 - 2015-12-02 11:46:54 UTC
Liam Inkuras
ParabeIIum
#7 - 2015-12-02 18:13:10 UTC
Solo gatecamp with RLML Onyx after the December patch

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Altair Taurus
#8 - 2015-12-02 18:20:03 UTC
Why only after December patch?
Paranoid Loyd
#9 - 2015-12-02 19:15:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Altair Taurus wrote:
Why only after December patch?
He didn't say only. Have at it now if you want.

Watch F&I for upcoming changes.
This thread is what he is talking about.

In particular this:
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Scripted Warp Disruption Field Generators now Scramble, disabling MJDs and MWDs

You really can't go wrong training the first few levels of all of them and then deciding what you like best or which ship fills the role you utilize most, then focusing further.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#10 - 2015-12-02 20:20:30 UTC
the hic, as people already said, it will be stupid come December patch. Recon + hac bonuses combined into one. Yea I'd go for that

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Altair Taurus
#11 - 2015-12-03 19:41:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Altair Taurus
I do not understand. Is that mean nullified Tengu will be scrambled by scripted Hictor after patch?

Anyway I will train Onyx after completing T2 autocannons horrible training...also good replacement of nerfed Gila in high-sec DED sites, IMO.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#12 - 2015-12-03 19:56:10 UTC
Altair Taurus wrote:
I do not understand. Is that mean nullified Tengu will be scrambled by scripted Hictor after patch?

Anyway I will train Onyx after completing T2 autocannons horrible training...also good replacement of nerfed Gila in high-sec DED sites, IMO.

No, it means the infinipoint now acts like a scrambler instead of a disruptor where MJD and MWD are concerned.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Altair Taurus
#13 - 2015-12-03 20:21:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Altair Taurus
OK. Yet after new patch if for instance cov-ops frigate is tackled by hictor's bubble, it cannot escape outside the bubble using MWD?
Paranoid Loyd
#14 - 2015-12-03 20:46:34 UTC
Altair Taurus wrote:
OK. Yet after new patch if for instance cov-ops frigate is tackled by hictor's bubble, it cannot escape outside the bubble using MWD?

No

CCP Larrikin wrote:

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-12-03 21:47:49 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Altair Taurus wrote:

No

CCP Larrikin wrote:

YES ITS A GATECAMPING DREAM!!!

Altair Taurus
#16 - 2015-12-03 22:36:23 UTC
What is difference between scripted and unscripted WDFG?
Paranoid Loyd
#17 - 2015-12-03 22:38:49 UTC
At this point man, it's time to do your own research. We've given more than enough information. This is not hand holding.

Fix the Prospect!

Altair Taurus
#18 - 2015-12-03 22:49:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Altair Taurus
OK, I did my research:

Quote:
Heavy Interdictors

Heavy Interdictors (HICs), on the other hand, are based on a cruiser hull and can be fitted to have a formidable tank. They receive a specific role bonus that allows them to fit the Warp Disruption Field Generator module in a highslot. This module provides a warp disruption sphere of up to a 20km radius (or up to 24km for T2 modules) depending on pilot’s skills that lasts as long as the module is active (cycle time of 20 seconds). The sphere is mobile around the center point of the Heavy Interdictor itself. This gives the pilot more flexibility in being able to move the bubble as the engagement progresses, to either catch or further entrap a ship in its area of effect.However, it can be activated to form a bubble only in 0.0 space.

In addition, the Warp Disrupetion Field Generator can be equipped with an 'infinite scramble strength' script. When loaded, this script causes the module to act in the same manner of a Warp Disruptor in that the HIC needs to have a ship targeted before the disruptor can be focused on that target. Unlike a warp disruptor, however, it delivers infinite amount of disruption points as opposed to just one, and cannot be negated by any number of Warp Core Stabilizers. It is also the only module that can prevent super-capital ships, such as Motherships or Titans, from warping away. While super-capitals are immune to EWAR, they are not immune to the Warp Disruption Field Generator of a Heavy Interdictor. This script can be used in empire space (bubbles of any type, HIC, probe or anchorable can only be deployed in nullsec). When scripted, the module has a range of up to 30km for the T1 variant, or 36 km for T2, again depending on the Heavy Interdictor skill level.

The activation of Warp Disruption Field Generator also causes some unusual side-effects:

• Your ship’s mass is greatly reduced, making it highly maneuverable, but also very susceptible to being bumped out of position.
  • The effects of any propulsion module (AB, MWD) are reduced to approximately 10% of the normally applied speed boost.
  • The HIC is unable to receive any projected effects, e.g. remote shield, armour, or energy transfer.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#19 - 2015-12-12 16:10:45 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
At this point man, it's time to do your own research. We've given more than enough information. This is not hand holding.

If people are willing to answer there is no issue some people are just bad at tagging walls of text to get what they need or bad at knowing what terns to search for in Google

The difference between a wdfg when it is scripted is it is no longer a bubble but rather a long range high slot scram that eata a bunch of cap. They can also be used outside of null
Paranoid Loyd
#20 - 2015-12-12 16:48:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

If people are willing to answer there is no issue some people are just bad at tagging walls of text to get what they need or bad at knowing what terns to search for in Google

The difference between a wdfg when it is scripted is it is no longer a bubble but rather a long range high slot scram that eata a bunch of cap. They can also be used outside of null

The information he posted above is considerably better and more detailed than your answer. Then there's the whole teach a man to fish thing but if you want to hold his hand, instead of letting him learn himself go ahead.

Fix the Prospect!

123Next pageLast page