These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

"Extended mags", "fast mags" modules/rigs?

Author
Cardcaptor Sakura
Weave
#1 - 2015-11-28 23:34:10 UTC
If you play a certain FPS game series that is famous on the Xbox and playstation consoles..you likely understood my reference.
If not, that's ok.
But basically it is a new idea of modules and rigs that increase the amount of ammo that you can load into turrets or launchers as the1st idea.
The 2nd idea involves having modules or rigs that allow you to reload said turrets or launchers quicker.
Examples of such modules would be say a low slot passive module that reduces reload time at 50% or another module that allows you to store double the amount of ammo into all your turrets.
These reductions for both module types could either be some flat number (reduce reload time by 10 seconds, or increase max ammo by 50) or maybe as a flat percentage instead (reduce reload time by 40%, increase max ammo by 60%)..

Any thoughts?
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2015-11-28 23:37:53 UTC
Why do you feel rapid launchers need this kind of a buff?
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Brothers of Tangra
#3 - 2015-11-28 23:59:39 UTC
if they do this sort of rig, it would be T1 10% T2 15% for 150/200 calibration per rig.
any other figures would break things
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#4 - 2015-11-29 00:22:42 UTC
Fallout should stay fallout and eve should stay eve.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Netan MalDoran
Hyperion Mining Incorporated
#5 - 2015-11-29 01:12:01 UTC
An expensive implant for decreasing the reloading time of ancillary mods would be nice...

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#6 - 2015-11-29 01:22:14 UTC
Netan MalDoran wrote:
An expensive implant for decreasing the reloading time of ancillary mods would be nice...


Expensive is very relative in case of implants. The other day a True Sansha frigate dropped a mid-grade snake beta, didn't cost me a dime.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#7 - 2015-11-29 03:14:44 UTC
Ask for an 'ample' RML or ancillary booster.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2015-11-29 03:43:41 UTC
I think it would be pretty simple to exclude special modules like ASB, AAR, and rapid modules.

Also I think it would be wonderfully hilarious if they still included a version for lasers >:)
Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#9 - 2015-11-29 22:44:41 UTC
Would be an interesting bonus on Minmatar/Pirate hulls.

Maybe give the TFI a +20% per level bonus to Projectile capacity and a -10% per level bonus to Projecitle reload times. Would make it an interesting ship in PVP; pilots that bring every kind of ammo and pay attention can switch more often and apply damage better.
Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2015-11-30 00:10:18 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
Would be an interesting bonus on Minmatar/Pirate hulls.

Maybe give the TFI a +20% per level bonus to Projectile capacity and a -10% per level bonus to Projecitle reload times. Would make it an interesting ship in PVP; pilots that bring every kind of ammo and pay attention can switch more often and apply damage better.

I can say it would definitely make me strongly consider using the TFI for PVE.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#11 - 2015-11-30 04:10:40 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Fallout should stay fallout and eve should stay eve.

I thought we were talking about COD...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2015-12-02 06:11:29 UTC
Cardcaptor Sakura wrote:
If you play a certain FPS game series that is famous on the Xbox and playstation consoles..you likely understood my reference.
If not, that's ok.
But basically it is a new idea of modules and rigs that increase the amount of ammo that you can load into turrets or launchers as the1st idea.
The 2nd idea involves having modules or rigs that allow you to reload said turrets or launchers quicker.
Examples of such modules would be say a low slot passive module that reduces reload time at 50% or another module that allows you to store double the amount of ammo into all your turrets.
These reductions for both module types could either be some flat number (reduce reload time by 10 seconds, or increase max ammo by 50) or maybe as a flat percentage instead (reduce reload time by 40%, increase max ammo by 60%)..

Any thoughts?


Yeah think 2 sec about the Rapid Launcher. If you done this then you know why that would be such a bad idea.

-1
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#13 - 2015-12-02 09:27:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Ellendras Silver
Danika Princip wrote:
Why do you feel rapid launchers need this kind of a buff?


my thought exactly when i read the topic line alone. +1

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#14 - 2015-12-02 11:16:27 UTC
what drawback should the rigs give
because this should definitely be a rig

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.