These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Books - Isk and LP Sinks

Author
Jace Shazih
Lunar Energy Federation
#1 - 2015-11-28 15:28:40 UTC
What do you guys think about requiring LP to purchase Books from NPC's and separating Books by Gov? The Skill Book trade is huge and I feel that including a small LP requirement for every book (it can be scaled by the cost of book) would improve both the market complexity as well as the RP aspects of the game.

Books right now are somewhat separated by Gov type already; by that I mean that Caldari NPC's won't sell Minmatar specialization books but that envelope should be spread to all Minmatar Books (Carrier, Dreadnought, Titan....) because why would Caldari NPC's sell Minmatar books if they're enemies? Or even, why would they sell Amarr specific books in their space even though they are allies? So, my suggestion is to remove this capability and allow Players to take up the mantle. With this change, Players will be responsible for retrieving Minmatar books to sell in Caldari space/ etc...

At the same time, I feel that an LP cost must be attributed to the books and it must be the that specific Gov's LP. For example, I want to purchase Amarr specific books so I would have to go to Amarr Space and purchase the Amarr Frigate/Cruiser/Dreadnought book, I would have to pay for these books with Isk as well as Amarr LP (LP from FW can also be used but with an exchange rate). Another reason for the LP requirement apart from the obvious sink is answered by asking the question, Why would an Amarr Corporation sell the Amarr Titan/ Dreadnought/ Cruiser skill book to their enemies? The Amarr Corp would want to make sure that the individual they are selling to is not an enemy and thus require Loyalty Points, which are only gained by completing Amarr Corp missions and would prove that the buyer is a trustworthy individual.

Also, you could also incorporate Concord LP into the mix by having them sell generic books that aren't sold by the individual governments.

That's my opinion on the topic, let me know what you think. Thanks.

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#2 - 2015-11-28 15:55:59 UTC
I have no object to minmatar only selling minmatar books, but that should include both types of tanking, turret (projectile), missile and drone skills, and minmatar ships, oh, and don't forget minmatar e-war skills and their pre-reqs (which includes the one ECM skill), oh, and ladar sensor comp and appropriate rigging and possibly skirmish, siege and armour warfare skills
caldari, however, only get shield tanking, missiles, turret (hybrid), basic drone skills (light and medium drone operation, drones), ECMs skills, and propulsion jamming skills (what, they still get 'ceptors') oh, and grav sensor comp and appropriate rigging and possibly info and siege warfare skills
all races should get generic skills, cap, general targeting, navigation, corp management, engineering, leadership generics,

I object to people needing lp to purchase them, as this puts their supply wholly in the hands of mission runners and FW.....
actually - I don't see why I object to this.... it's probably just a knee-jerk objection.

actually - I've changed my mind,
this would be a PITA to implement, and would damage the 'doesn't matter where or who you start as, you can become anything very quickly' ideology of EVE

-1 after some consideration

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Zimmer Jones
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-11-28 16:28:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmer Jones
So force a middleman fee payable only towards pve mission runners and call it an isk sink.

No, bad idea all around. "Not only is it not right, it is not even wrong."

Ed* forgot the quotation marks

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2015-11-28 19:18:27 UTC
Why should highsec carebears be the number one source of skillbooks?

Why should those of us who don't run missions have to pay your premiums?
Kaybella Hakaari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-11-28 20:01:06 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Why should highsec carebears be the number one source of skillbooks?

Why should those of us who don't run missions have to pay your premiums?

Because EVE and choices and specialization and market?

The thing that's really going to sting is what happens to all the miners when they have to get their barge and exhumer skillbooks from ORE way out in null.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#6 - 2015-11-28 20:01:26 UTC
Jace Shazih wrote:
What do you guys think about requiring LP to purchase Books from NPC's and separating Books by Gov? The Skill Book trade is huge and I feel that including a small LP requirement for every book (it can be scaled by the cost of book) would improve both the market complexity as well as the RP aspects of the game.

No, access to something as fundamental as skills should not be contingent on the activities of the game's most boring and disengaged players.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#7 - 2015-11-29 00:57:13 UTC
And this only a few hours after we have established what an isk sink is.

Now here is something worth knowing, skillbooks are an isksink already - you pay zee station for the book, isk kaputt, gone, does not come back, zee end.

You want to "create" an isk sink out of an isk sink. Think about that for an hour or so.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever