These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Operation Frostline

Author
Damjan Fox
Fox Industries and Exploration
#1 - 2015-11-28 00:05:19 UTC
I ran a bunch of the new "Operation Frostline" sites on the test server and i thought i might give you guys a heads up, if you haven't already rum them yourself or haven't read about it on reddit.

Basically it's just a slightly modified version of the Blood Raider Gauntlet.
The first room of the site will have 3 waves, each spawning 5 serpentis frigates. They use sensor dampeners, but no web/scrams. You have to destroy all of them, to be able, to use the acceleration gate to the 2nd room. There you will find 3 waves of 4 serpentis cruisers. No webs/scrams either. After you have destroyed all the cruisers, a final battlecruiser will spawn, which drops the loot container you want.

This is the loot i got from running 33 sites on SISI. As you can see, the serpentis shirt (male and female) aswell as 1 unit of Quafe zero are guaranteed drops. Furthermore you can get skins, boosters, faction modules, implants and prosthetics. It seemed, that you get higher value implants with lower sec status (high/low/null), but i'm not yet sure about that.

All in all, the site is pretty easy. It takes a little longer, than the Blood Raider Gauntlet, since you cannot blitz the 2nd room.

Of course there is still the possibility of CCP changing something about the site until it finally gets released on TQ.

So, what do you think? Have you run any of these sites yourself and what loot did you get?

Regards,
Damjan
Capsuleer Service Executive
Nornir Research
#2 - 2015-11-28 03:36:34 UTC
Bye bye Quafe Zero price.

Nice write-up and investigation. Thank you!

/cse

EACS™ - Estel Arador Capsuleer & Corp Services - Spreading the Love

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2015-11-28 05:52:44 UTC
QUAFE ZERO OH YEAAAAHH
Dagnar
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-11-28 08:42:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Dagnar
Just a bunch of crappy loot. No temporary attribute boosters? Not even any good event unique stuff other than some clothes. Boring, Seems CCP failed to grasp what made the last event so interesting - temporary attribute boosters. I was looking forward to this event. Not any more Ugh
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-11-28 11:39:37 UTC
Dagnar wrote:
Just a bunch of crappy loot. No temporary attribute boosters? Not even any good event unique stuff other than some clothes. Boring, Seems CCP failed to grasp what made the last event so interesting - temporary attribute boosters. I was looking forward to this event. Not any more Ugh

Test server...

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#6 - 2015-11-28 11:57:54 UTC
Dagnar wrote:

Heres an interesting test.

Try putting your head inside a YF-12a and see if the potention for Alpha damage exists.
Dagnar
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-11-28 12:55:23 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Dagnar wrote:

Try putting your head inside a YF-12a and see if the potention for Alpha damage exists.

Learn to English.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#8 - 2015-11-28 13:16:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Bumblefck
Hmmm

Quote:
Learn to English.

His sentiment was clear: using 'English' as a verb, however, is unacceptable. EvilEvilEvil

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Vollhov
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2015-11-28 13:22:13 UTC
Ooh .....
Are changing NPC and texture of stations and here's a new Event. Big smile
Blood Raider on Serpantis.

End of Time. I'm not fanatic, I'm just a servant by Her Majesty the Empress Jamyl Sarum I. It's time to leave this world to me. YC111 to YC117.12.10 20:00

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#10 - 2015-11-28 14:52:40 UTC
Dagnar wrote:
DrysonBennington wrote:
Dagnar wrote:

Learn to English.

learn to DrysonBennington,
hes the best tinfoil hat wearing loony we have since dino got ball-gagged.

dont question what he says, just be glad he says it and enjoy it.
Valkin Mordirc
#11 - 2015-11-28 15:00:16 UTC
Dagnar wrote:

Quafe. Zero.

And ANOTHER ******* MECHANICAL ARM. =D

And Serp apparel. =D

Mo'fucka get your priorities in line, this **** is dope.

XD
#DeleteTheWeak
Dagnar
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-11-28 15:50:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Dagnar
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Dagnar wrote:

Quafe. Zero.

And Serp apparel. =D

XD

24 hour +9 attribute boosters = awesome.

quafe zero = meh.

clothes = meh.
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-11-28 16:10:47 UTC
Dagnar wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Dagnar wrote:

Quafe. Zero.

And Serp apparel. =D

XD

quafe zero = meh.

clothes = meh.

Id like some free isk please. If it's so meaningless to you.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Shiela Kwor
Doomheim
#14 - 2015-11-28 17:38:45 UTC
Dagnar wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Dagnar wrote:

Quafe. Zero.

And Serp apparel. =D

XD

quafe zero = meh.

clothes = meh.

ur face = meh
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-11-28 18:01:06 UTC
Tried them today ... time to complete is a bit slower compared to the blood raider sites. The frigs are weaker but you have to kill the cruiser waves this time. Loot is guaranteed about 15m-20m estimated (compared to 3m for the blood skins). Can't say about other loot, cause nothing else beside the clothes and quafe zero dropped from the 3 sites I ran.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-11-28 18:46:08 UTC
STUPID US, we don't get EVE information from REDDIT, we get it HERE from CCP and its STAFF.

Unless of course CCP's staff has moved to Reddit. Something we don't know about STAFF??

Cool

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#17 - 2015-11-28 19:21:27 UTC
Today I undocked to look for the new sites, and 47 highsec systems later still haven't found a single one. So I ask: are them locked by ship classes?

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-11-28 19:46:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Today I undocked to look for the new sites, and 47 highsec systems later still haven't found a single one. So I ask: are them locked by ship classes?

Still on SiSi (test server) ... they will come to TQ on Dec. 8th. No ship class lock.

I'm my own NPC alt.

minumin
Corellian Trading Corporation
#19 - 2015-11-28 19:48:54 UTC

On test server?
The event will start on live server on 8th of december i think.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#20 - 2015-11-28 20:07:21 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:

Still on SiSi (test server) ... they will come to TQ on Dec. 8th. No ship class lock.

I undocked at Sisi, obviously. And couldn't find any of the new sites in 47 systems... I assume they're like anomalies and there's no need to probe them down, so I just used the system scanner aboard a PvE Skiff *cough*.
12Next page