These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Subscription addition - day passes

First post
Author
Aina Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-11-26 19:08:22 UTC
I am struggling to find time for eve, maybe 2-3 hours a couple of times a week is what I can manage. This means that a subscription model doesn't work so good for me.

So I started to wish that there was a model, where you could purchase day passes up front and then activate them when you logged in.

If I could buy 10 day passes at one time for 10 euros, it would work better for me than a subscription based model. The day pass could be as little as 3 or 6 hours, I would accept that.
At the moment I buy one month now and then. In total I would use a bit more on eve with the day pass alternative than the subscription based one.

Skill points would only be trainable during the active time.

There should be made some calculations on this, as I don't want a system that reduce the total income of ccp.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2015-11-26 19:10:44 UTC
"Johnson! Someone has limited time for EVE and they don't want to pay what everyone else is paying. What do we do?"


"I know, sir! Let's adjust our entire business model for this one individual!"


"Good thinking, Johnson!" *Smacks posterior* "I knew it was a good idea bringing you over from Volkswagen!"

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-11-26 19:13:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
I'm sorry. If $15 USD a month is too much for you, you may want to rethink your employment situation and get a job that pays money, OR get some sort of education so you can qualify for such a job. If you're here claiming $15 USD a month is a lot of money, please remember this is the 21st Century and that's chicken feed...or go ahead and graduate from public school, go to college, and when you no longer are playing on your parent's dime, and computer...you can reassess for yourself what "a lot of money" really is.

Most people spend ten times that amount for a good Friday night....four Friday nights a month.

I might also add, over the past ten or more years while everyone else in the world has already almost doubled their prices for the same product, CCP has kept their price the same. Due to the ravages of inflation over that period of time which CCP can't avoid, it must sting a little bit to be THAT loyal to its customers. Pay the sub, and feel lucky about it....

Cool

...which is what you are!

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Aina Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-11-26 19:15:46 UTC
It would be an addition to the subscription model and there should be made calculations if this would hurt the total income.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#5 - 2015-11-26 19:41:24 UTC
Trust me, you are better off on a monthly subscription.
If you have limited play time the last thing you really want is to not be skilling between sessions.
If your skill queue ticks away for a month between your play sessions, you'll make lots of skill progress, and see lots of 'skill completed' each time you log in.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#6 - 2015-11-26 19:51:13 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Aina Aideron wrote:


Skill points would only be trainable during the active time.



What about outstanding market orders, contracts, industry jobs, PI, etc?

I know not everyone is flush with disposable income, but a month sub is basically cheaper than going to see a single movie in the theater, provided you get at least a small beverage.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Aina Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-11-26 20:18:36 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:


I might also add, over the past ten or more years while everyone else in the world has already almost doubled their prices for the same product, CCP has kept their price the same. Due to the ravages of inflation over that period of time which CCP can't avoid, it must sting a little bit to be THAT loyal to its customers. Pay the sub, and feel lucky about it....

Cool

...which is what you are!


True, they do have kept prices at the same level for a long while.

Good points too with that it would cause difficulties with orders, contracts and similar. And missing out on a lot of skill points.

So maybe a month now and then is still the best solution.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#8 - 2015-11-26 22:42:55 UTC
Your day pass model would cut into their revenue quite a bit.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#9 - 2015-11-27 00:16:41 UTC
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-11-27 07:16:00 UTC
Aina Aideron wrote:
I am struggling to find time for eve, maybe 2-3 hours a couple of times a week is what I can manage. This means that a subscription model doesn't work so good for me.

So I started to wish that there was a model, where you could purchase day passes up front and then activate them when you logged in.

If I could buy 10 day passes at one time for 10 euros, it would work better for me than a subscription based model. The day pass could be as little as 3 or 6 hours, I would accept that.
At the moment I buy one month now and then. In total I would use a bit more on eve with the day pass alternative than the subscription based one.

Skill points would only be trainable during the active time.

There should be made some calculations on this, as I don't want a system that reduce the total income of ccp.


Silence PLEX post?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#11 - 2015-11-27 07:23:02 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.

I've spent $60 on 10 hour games. these days I've mostly just stopped buying games, although a steam sale catches me every now and then.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-11-27 08:34:19 UTC
I have similar scenario with only ability to play a couple of hours a day or even less. Still i do not worry much that most out of possible active playing i do miss. I'm making enough money during this time to buy PLEX once a month and extend my monthly subscription.
Maybe if you would change your pay method you stop worry much.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Rumbless
#13 - 2015-11-27 12:21:16 UTC
EVE is the go to game if you dont have a huge amount of time to actually play. In other mmo's you only progress when playing/grinding, with EVE you can log off and still progress as your training queue will run whether you're playing the game or not. If isk is a problem, I would suggest you join a corp with a ship replacement program and/or buyback program if you mine a lot.
Avanda Redblade
Deep Space Coalition
A Class Apart
#14 - 2015-11-27 12:45:31 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
...(lots of offensive stuff)...

Most people spend ten times that amount for a good Friday night....four Friday nights a month.
"Most people"? Source please.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#15 - 2015-11-27 13:19:43 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.


15 hours gameplay for $15, i can complete call of duty in like 5-6 hours and that costs $60

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Avvy
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-11-27 13:27:41 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.


15 hours gameplay for $15, i can complete call of duty in like 5-6 hours and that costs $60



The price isn't much really, It's why I didn't mind spending £42 (a deal) for 6 months, even if I have mainly just done skill training online.

I eat out sometimes on my own, after a few drinks with a few friends. I spend more than that on just the meal.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#17 - 2015-11-27 13:29:51 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.


15 hours gameplay for $15, i can complete call of duty in like 5-6 hours and that costs $60



The price isn't much really, It's why I didn't mind spending £42 (a deal) for 6 months, even if I have mainly just done skill training online.

I eat out sometimes on my own, after a few drinks with a few friends. I spend more than that on just the meal.


Yeah exactly, i couldnt even buy a pint and a pack of cigs for the price of a monthly sub, get far more entertainment from the sub than a pint

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-11-27 14:47:28 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.


Dude, even if he\she plays only 7.5 hours over the whole month, it's still 2$/hours for entertainement. Renting movie 15 years ago amounted to more than that per hours FFS...
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-11-27 14:48:30 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.


15 hours gameplay for $15, i can complete call of duty in like 5-6 hours and that costs $60


Well games like COD also comes with unlimited multi player if you are into that. The shelf price of a game is for the total package after all, not just the part you want to take out of it...
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#20 - 2015-11-27 14:57:16 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
To address some detractors - a more inclusive model like freemium wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the game

And

$15 a month might seem expensive when you get less than 15 hours of gameplay a month, which allegedly the case here.


15 hours gameplay for $15, i can complete call of duty in like 5-6 hours and that costs $60


Well games like COD also comes with unlimited multi player if you are into that. The shelf price of a game is for the total package after all, not just the part you want to take out of it...


yeah if you have xboxlive or psn account which costs extra even then you have limited amount of maps unless they release a few extra maps for additional costs

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

12Next page