These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Black Friday, no sale on sub time?

Author
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-11-25 18:11:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Toon
It's awesome that ccp gives us deals for Black Friday but why no discount on subscription time?

EDIT:
Also there are sales on various websites for Core and Preimum starter packs which includes 30 day sub and plex and other goodies. Can I use one of those pack codes for my existing account?
Kiandoshia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-11-25 18:37:54 UTC
Isn't a PLEX deal essentially a deal on sub time? =x

And no.
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-11-25 18:39:57 UTC
even after the sale discount it's cheaper to sub normally then purchase a plex and then apply it to your account.
Sumeragy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-11-25 18:40:07 UTC
I think the sub time is less expensiv then a plex. Would like that one too but it will never happen :)
Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#5 - 2015-11-25 19:36:47 UTC
Forum Toon wrote:

Also there are sales on various websites for Core and Preimum starter packs which includes 30 day sub and plex and other goodies. Can I use one of those pack codes for my existing account?

Nope. New accounts only, as they state in their descriptions.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2015-11-25 20:00:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Rowells
Typically, a sale is meant to spur on a higher rate of sale for that product in order to offset the potential loss of profit.

If CCP just handed out cheap subs to practically everyone, it would require a massive boost in players who were not subbing before.

Don't expect to happen any time soon.

E: something something massive mark up something something not really a deal
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#7 - 2015-11-25 20:01:45 UTC
Sumeragy wrote:
I think the sub time is less expensiv then a plex. ..
I know for sure it is.
Buying subtime directly is a lot cheaper then buying PLEX. As can be seen here.
Of course, how much cheaper is depending on how many months you can or want to pay in advance.

In essence it boils down to this: If you buy PLEX irl for anything else than to trade for Isk ingame, you are throwing rl money away.
Not that CCP minds, they are the beneficiary of that thrown away money...Blink

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#8 - 2015-11-25 20:22:36 UTC
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#9 - 2015-11-25 20:31:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Esrevid Nekkeg
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday
Or a non-American person for that matter. I had to Google it. As I understand it is some sort of end of year sale.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#10 - 2015-11-25 20:34:49 UTC
Just for you, i will have a Black Friday sale on PLEX and other items from my own personal stash.

Announcing the Troll Bridge Black Friday sale!

For Friday only, I will give you 25% off double the list price on PLEX. Thats a smokin' hot deal! Buy three or more at twice the price... and get 35% off!

Stealthy blockade running Velators only 80mil!

Buy one get one free BPCs when bought at regular BPO price!

THE DEALS JUST KEEP ON COMING!

Contact me via Eve mail for these and other Black Friday deals!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Zifrian
The Pannion Domin
#11 - 2015-11-26 00:55:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
Esrevid Nekkeg wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday
Or a non-American person for that matter. I had to Google it. As I understand it is some sort of end of year sale.

Not really an end of year sale. "Black Friday" is the day after American Thanksgiving, when stores throughout the country open at midnight with massive deals on all kinds of consumer products (TVs, iPads, etc.). It's basically a big rush to the stores for Christmas shopping and deals to lure shoppers to their stores since holiday shopping "officially" starts them.

I also was looking for game time but I usually go to Amazon for that when they have sales. They just had one though so I don't think they'll have one anytime soon.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Paranoid Loyd
#12 - 2015-11-26 01:02:58 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Just for you, i will have a Black Friday sale on PLEX and other items from my own personal stash.

Announcing the Troll Bridge Black Friday sale!

For Friday only, I will give you 25% off double the list price on PLEX. Thats a smokin' hot deal! Buy three or more at twice the price... and get 35% off!

Stealthy blockade running Velators only 80mil!

Buy one get one free BPCs when bought at regular BPO price!

THE DEALS JUST KEEP ON COMING!

Contact me via Eve mail for these and other Black Friday deals!


Do you accept bits of string?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2015-11-26 01:10:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Rowells
Esrevid Nekkeg wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday
Or a non-American person for that matter. I had to Google it. As I understand it is some sort of end of year sale.

It's a yearly, post-turkey slaughter, ritual of cranberry sauce-crazed shoppers engaging in mortal combat over the latest consoles, appliances, and "Tickle-me-Elmo's". Allegedly for "Hot deals" on recently marked up items.
(brought to you by walmart, best buy, and target)

It is both entertaining to watch (from home), and terrifying to know these people exist outside of their 60 seconds of youtube video.

Camera-phones are what I am thankful for this thanksgiving.
Rykuss
Inactive.
The Ancients.
#14 - 2015-11-26 02:27:53 UTC
Esrevid Nekkeg wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday
Or a non-American person for that matter. I had to Google it. As I understand it is some sort of end of year sale.


In low-sec...

You, too, can be a Solid Gold dancer.

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#15 - 2015-11-26 04:25:21 UTC
Forum Toon wrote:
It's awesome that ccp gives us deals for Black Friday but why no discount on subscription time?

EDIT:
Also there are sales on various websites for Core and Preimum starter packs which includes 30 day sub and plex and other goodies. Can I use one of those pack codes for my existing account?


dude, $15/month is very cheap! and as far as i know, they haven't changed that sub rate from the start. so if you consider the inflation rate for the past +10 years, we are actually getting a really BIG discount already. Smile

Just Add Water

BLACK-STAR
#16 - 2015-11-26 04:58:52 UTC  |  Edited by: BLACK-STAR
You guys didn't see this?

There you go.


"Black Friday PLEX sale - 15% off all packs"
"Get 2X BONUS Aurum - Black Friday Special"


Edit:

tiberiusric wrote:
Still an absolute rip off. Plex prices are a joke
Hey, you get free expansions and a consistent updated sandbox. If you're capable, pay it off with ingame currency. Just find the means.
Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-11-26 10:52:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Mieyli
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Just for you, i will have a Black Friday sale on PLEX and other items from my own personal stash.

Announcing the Troll Bridge Black Friday sale!

For Friday only, I will give you 25% off double the list price on PLEX. Thats a smokin' hot deal! Buy three or more at twice the price... and get 35% off!

Stealthy blockade running Velators only 80mil!

Buy one get one free BPCs when bought at regular BPO price!

THE DEALS JUST KEEP ON COMING!

Contact me via Eve mail for these and other Black Friday deals!


Do you accept bits of string?


Probably depends; how long is it?

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Kiandoshia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-11-26 18:11:09 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday


Because the rest of the world West of Moscow is.

Also Eve has 30 something % of its subscribers in the US of A.
Erin Crawford
#19 - 2015-11-26 18:23:12 UTC
Kiandoshia wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Why would a non-retail , non-amarican company with a non-seasonal product even be aware of black Friday


Because the rest of the world West of Moscow is.

Also Eve has 30 something % of its subscribers in the US of A.


...and maybe to keep CCP in the black!
da-dum-tisssh!
Blink

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Zifrian
The Pannion Domin
#20 - 2015-11-26 18:29:24 UTC
Amazon (US) is having a game time sale right now on 1, 3 and 12 month packs.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

12Next page