These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The dilemma of attribute implants.

Author
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#81 - 2015-11-24 17:04:32 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Avvy wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

But seriously, it sounds like you're being deliberately obtuse more than anything else, given:

[

Says the 2005 guy that probably doesn't even require any more sp.

Know what's funny about this? Back in 2005, base stats were dependent on your race/bloodline, there were NO remaps at all, and you had to train learning skills - 2 per stat, plus a blanket percentage modifier skill - if you wanted to fully maximize learning. Your "dilemma" is quaint, by comparison. ;)

Anyway, I am pretty sure the age of my character has no bearing on the lack of internal consistency in your statements.

You said you will not be training cybernetics 5. That means no +5s for you. That means you've already accepted training rate optimization is negotiable. Why, that's 788,400 SP you'll be depriving yourself of every calendar year! And 2,160 more in leap years! Sure, it's going to take 80% of that first year just to pay for itself, but this is serious business, right? How can you accept that there are other players out there getting 90 SP/hr more than you?!?

Quote:
I think the real reason some of you guys like it is it helps pad out your kill-mails.

Okay. You caught us.

This is really all part of an organized conspiracy to keep the newbs in expensive pods flowing. We have meetings every Friday at 7PM eastern in Rancer - you should come.

There's beer and ice-cream cake.

Quote:

Attributes and attribute implants are completely pointless as a workable system (although later in the game they don't matter unless someone is collecting sp).

If you use them and set your attributes to a primary and secondary then to get any benefit you are locked into training those skills. Which makes training completely boring as you can't train what you require without losing what you gained.

These figures are from my skill tree (x2 skills to train to 5 from 4)

6 days 17 hours (+4 implants with primary and secondary set)
9 days 7 hours (no primary or secondary, but with +4's fitted)

So without +4's that 9 days 7 hours would be even longer.

...yeah? And? Everyone has to make mapping decisions. It's not really a big deal if some portion of your training doesn't match up with your mapping, and if you go out of your way to avoid training something you really want simply because it doesn't match your current mapping, you're being ridiculous. Plan out what you would like to train in the next year, stick it in Evemon, and slap a stat optimization point on the front. Done. Will you have perfect mapping at all points in the plan? Probably not, but so what?

What do you imagine to be the actual consequence of failing to get 2700 SP/HR 'round the clock?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Memphis Baas
#82 - 2015-11-24 19:34:14 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
What do you imagine to be the actual consequence of failing to get 2700 SP/HR 'round the clock?

Oh oh oh, I know the answer to that one!!!!!1

LOSS OF RESPECT.

Right?
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#83 - 2015-11-24 19:40:02 UTC
whatever next, "i cant fly t3's because i will lose some sp when i die which i paid for by buying +5's"

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#84 - 2015-11-24 21:52:45 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

Oh oh oh, I know the answer to that one!!!!!1

LOSS OF RESPECT.

Right?

Nononono... the answer is; by the end of the year I won't have 1 to 2 skills at level 5 rather than level 4... meaning I will be 4 to 10% less effective than someone with level 5 in those skills.
Woe be unto me for that difference is insurmountable with tactics or fitting choices.

*tries to keep a straight face*