These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Market movements: The fallout from Fallout 4

Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#1 - 2015-11-23 09:48:26 UTC
What the hell does a different game have to do with EVE's markets you ask?

The answer is, a lot.

A good number of EVE players take a break for a week or two when a much anticipated game releases. Hell, I did the same when Path of Exile: The Awakening launched.

But people don't *stop* playing EVE. They spend less time getting in fights, but still generally maintain their passive income activities - production, PI, etc - things that are limited by the number of active characters you have, not the number of hours you spend logged in.

As a result, mass produced goods fall in price. Supply remains fairly constant, demand falls.

If you can predict when this cycle will end more accurately than me, you can undoubtedly profit from the Fallout fallout. This will be a great time to buy alliance level stockpiles of ships you know you will need - a smart alliance logistician will consider buying 200-500 logistics cruiser hulls and shipping them to a strategically important location while prices are low. A smart trader will stockpile for resale.

And a smart producer will reassess their activities daily, and cease any that stop offering a positive return.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#2 - 2015-11-23 13:26:57 UTC
I think all the Mission runners are playing Fallout because SOE items are skyrocketing atm.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Talon Kane
ExeKrab
#3 - 2015-11-23 18:02:16 UTC
Interesting :)
I sure hope machariel price go up... I've stockpiled a few!

« I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer ».

♣♣♣ I offer a character pricecheck service ♣♣♣

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-11-23 18:10:45 UTC
Not smart enough to analyze all that but +1 for saying fallout fallout

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

InterStellar Architect
InterStellar Architects Corporation
#5 - 2015-11-23 18:11:42 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
What the hell does a different game have to do with EVE's markets you ask?

The answer is, a lot.

A good number of EVE players take a break for a week or two when a much anticipated game releases. Hell, I did the same when Path of Exile: The Awakening launched.

But people don't *stop* playing EVE. They spend less time getting in fights, but still generally maintain their passive income activities - production, PI, etc - things that are limited by the number of active characters you have, not the number of hours you spend logged in.

As a result, mass produced goods fall in price. Supply remains fairly constant, demand falls.

If you can predict when this cycle will end more accurately than me, you can undoubtedly profit from the Fallout fallout. This will be a great time to buy alliance level stockpiles of ships you know you will need - a smart alliance logistician will consider buying 200-500 logistics cruiser hulls and shipping them to a strategically important location while prices are low. A smart trader will stockpile for resale.

And a smart producer will reassess their activities daily, and cease any that stop offering a positive return.

You forgot Star Wars Battlefront that was just released
Yong Shin
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-11-23 21:23:42 UTC
Not to mention Starcraft was released on the same day, which stole all the Asians.

Fallout definitely stole the most, though.

Sabriz Adoudel
#7 - 2015-11-23 21:40:26 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Not smart enough to analyze all that but +1 for saying fallout fallout

Bad puns are my specialty.

0000000000ZERO0000000000
Zero Zentharis
#8 - 2015-11-23 21:47:55 UTC
Crawl out through the fallout, baby~~~~

Would be interesting to see Serenity market data though.
InterStellar Architect
InterStellar Architects Corporation
#9 - 2015-11-24 02:04:16 UTC
Yong Shin wrote:
Not to mention Starcraft was released on the same day, which stole all the Asians.

I never liked Fallout, because the weapons all look like garbage. None of them look like proper weapons, they all look like makeshift contraptions that you put together with glue and duct tape.
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#10 - 2015-11-24 02:26:45 UTC
InterStellar Architect wrote:
Yong Shin wrote:

I never liked Fallout, because the weapons all look like garbage. None of them look like proper weapons, they all look like makeshift contraptions that you put together with glue and duct tape.

I have never even seen the trailer or played any fallout game., so i'll take your word for it. not everyone plays the newest game available.

i agree the new game movement will have an affect on eve, but i think you overestimate the amount of people playing fallout & other games.

My crew all resubbed during the course of the last 2 weeks, to offer a counter argument.

@JerryTPepridge

Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
#11 - 2015-11-24 02:57:30 UTC
/me Puts on tinfoil hat

Okay, judging by what you have claimed to be investing in lately (pi market pretty heavily), I'm going to guess you want out, and you want other people to push the price up a little higher. You didn't quite spoon feed it to people that pi would be among the goods dropping and then going up (only mentioned it once), but you're banking on people picking up on it on their own (especially with how much it's been talked about lately). After people have reacted and bought up stock and increased price, you plan on selling and getting out of the market.

/me Takes off tinfoil hat

In all seriousness though, I never thought of that, and it makes a lot of sense lol I do it myself sometimes when I just can't be arsed to do much active stuff, but I keep my passive stuff going by logging on for 5 mins a day.
Sabriz Adoudel
#12 - 2015-11-24 03:04:00 UTC
Sheeth Athonille wrote:
/me Puts on tinfoil hat

Okay, judging by what you have claimed to be investing in lately (pi market pretty heavily), I'm going to guess you want out, and you want other people to push the price up a little higher. You didn't quite spoon feed it to people that pi would be among the goods dropping and then going up (only mentioned it once), but you're banking on people picking up on it on their own (especially with how much it's been talked about lately). After people have reacted and bought up stock and increased price, you plan on selling and getting out of the market.

/me Takes off tinfoil hat

In all seriousness though, I never thought of that, and it makes a lot of sense lol I do it myself sometimes when I just can't be arsed to do much active stuff, but I keep my passive stuff going by logging on for 5 mins a day.

FWIW, I'm holding PI for the longer term. I continue to believe PI items are priced unsustainably low.

I do think they'll drop a bit in the next 2-4 weeks, but not enough that I'm doing any sort of largescale sell/rebuy.

Yong Shin
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-11-24 19:34:52 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
InterStellar Architect wrote:
Yong Shin wrote:

I have never even seen the trailer or played any fallout game., so i'll take your word for it. not everyone plays the newest game available.

i agree the new game movement will have an affect on eve, but i think you overestimate the amount of people playing fallout & other games.

My crew all resubbed during the course of the last 2 weeks, to offer a counter argument.

The weapons are *ugly*, yes, but that's to be expected in a game about your travels in a post-nuclear-war landscape.

The game is amazing though. Sold twelve (!) million on day one. I waited 9 years for the game, and it's been well worth the wait so far.

If you've never played an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game (both made by Bethesda), you're really missing out. Each and every game in each series really changed my gaming life. EVE players tend to be sandbox lovers, and there really is no equivalent to Fallout or Elder Scrolls in terms of that.

Glad to hear half your crew resubbed. Half the regulars in CAS seem to be MIA these past few weeks.