These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WH Charity Event - Planning

First post
Author
HeWhoShallNotBe Named
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-11-18 08:58:14 UTC
I’m trying to arrange a WH Corp meet up roam in the next few months, and I am going to donate the real life money value of the ships that are lost/killed – and if CCP can quantify the survivors those too! The Cap on my donation is 20K USD. We are asking CCP to sponsor it, but the financial backing is solely mine - not CCP. We do need to decide the charities, Wounded Warrior Project is one and there’s a vote for 2 more. We are asking for the WH Corps to join and vote for the 2 charities. The end funds will be split between them evenly (/3).
Several Facts:
* There is not entry fee and you personally do not get paid any real money
* You have to be willing to lose your ship and not get paid back by real money or PLEX
* This is a donation event do not ask for my or any other persons compensation for your loss

Disclaimer: This is currently not a CCP event.
Non Established WH Corp do not count in the total donations. WH Corps have to sign up and that is free of any charge. Signing up is performed through this forum post where the said CEO of the WH Corp clearly states “On behalf of [Corp], [CEO Name] is signing up for this event”.
La loca Fappuccino
DEFCON.
The Initiative.
#2 - 2015-11-18 13:23:10 UTC  |  Edited by: La loca Fappuccino
Withdrawn
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#3 - 2015-11-18 14:30:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Hidden Fremen
Suggestion: since it's coming out of your pocket, you should make the most impact with your money by donating locally, to your community.

Edit: Withdrawing LZHX. Knowing more about your inclination to be charitable weighed too heavily on my conscience to endorse the charade. You should just make a donation somewhere without the spectacle.
Solid Brick
Sons of Bureaucrazy
#4 - 2015-11-18 15:16:03 UTC
HeWhoShallNotBe Named wrote:
I’m trying to arrange a WH Corp meet up roam in the next few months

I would like to suggest donating to those guys:
Carnegie Institution for Science
CERN & Society Foundation
Missy Bunnz
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-11-20 14:54:27 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:
Suggestion: since it's coming out of your pocket, you should make the most impact with your money by donating locally, to your community.

Edit: Withdrawing LZHX. Knowing more about your inclination to be charitable weighed too heavily on my conscience to endorse the charade. You should just make a donation somewhere without the spectacle.

Share for the rest of us too lazy to google-fu our own answers?
HeWhoShallNotBe Named
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-11-22 01:55:00 UTC  |  Edited by: HeWhoShallNotBe Named
Hidden Fremen wrote:

Endorse the charade what a lovely response. I've given more already to my 'local community' this year. I was going to donate the rest to stay under the 35% tax bracket. Thanks for being supportive and taking a poo..
Winthorp
#7 - 2015-11-22 03:40:32 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:

If only we could downvote this like we do on reddit.
HeWhoShallNotBe Named
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-11-22 07:36:48 UTC
So Mr. Charades ...Hidden Seamen
Give me a time and date and I'll debate you. I have plenty of philanthropic CHARADES to show you and they involve other WH corp CHARADES to the toon for at least 3K USD. My next step will be for you to put your money where you mouth is little boy and screen share your donations on the submitted IRS tax form (1040 & 1099-MISC) for us to compare.. Thanks, .Charade Cherie.
Soraya Jita
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-11-22 12:08:25 UTC
This looks like you're trying to get as many eyes on you as possible, and inviting someone along to 'debate' you, sure seems like more evidence of that. I can see how this could be perceived as a charade.

Just because you've donated a bunch of money, doesn't make you any better of an individual for doing so. But congratulations on your financial successes.

Also, didn't SSC JUST host a charity event recently? That might not help your cause. I would have donated to that, since that actually was legitimately organized.

You're spergy, and I wouldn't trust you with organizing an event if the first thing you want to do is pitchfork against the first person that doesn't share the same opinion as you. I would advise that everyone consider that before collaborating with anyone, and everyone should do significant research before pledging time, money, or energy.

Charities are suppose to be for helping people, you trying to setup a debate on the forums against the first person who gives you constructive criticism doesn't help anyone.

La loca Fappuccino
DEFCON.
The Initiative.
#10 - 2015-11-22 19:37:07 UTC
The post above pretty much covers everything. This very quickly went from a potentially fun event focused on raising money for good causes to a publicity stunt by an investor hoping to grab some of the spotlight from the recent and very successful event hosted by SSC.

If it can go downhill this fast after a few days, I'd hate to see where we were in a few months. I'd rather not be involved at all.
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#11 - 2015-11-22 20:42:59 UTC
can you donate the money to my bank account?

I'm often told I'm a charity case

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#12 - 2015-11-22 22:44:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Bumblefck
Quote:
and I am going to donate the real life money value of the ships that are lost/killed

That sounds dangerously like RMT to me fella

e: to be clear, anything that mixes the in-game world and RL money is in an incredibly precarious position viz. CCP, no matter how well-intentioned

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Einsteins Daughter
Nighthawk Exploration
#13 - 2015-11-22 23:15:48 UTC
Andrew Jester wrote:
I'm often told I'm a basket case

Attention

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#14 - 2015-11-23 01:38:05 UTC
that too but it doesn't work in giving me money

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#15 - 2015-11-23 09:04:08 UTC
Dear Benefactor,

Plz to wait for next PLEX for Good campaign and just donate there.

Regards,

Loveymuffins
Borsek
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-11-23 13:24:43 UTC
Op, I suggest that you stop chasing after Harry and the magical domination of England, and instead donate to the families of all the muggles you killed, you filthy mudblood.
HeWhoShallNotBe Named
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-12-07 11:13:15 UTC
So I gave 10K out tonight since I was apparently running a charade .Several WH corps can confirm. I won't get nasty and report the specifics. But I will call out Lazerhawks and challenge them to raise 10K funds for Charity and I'll match for 20K.Yep it's me grand standing again with another charade. So if you are going to post here give money to a charity or close your pipe.
Hans Bonderstadt
#18 - 2015-12-07 12:51:15 UTC
HeWhoShallNotBe Named wrote:
So I gave 10K out tonight since I was apparently running a charade .Several WH corps can confirm. I won't get nasty and report the specifics. But I will call out Lazerhawks and challenge them to raise 10K funds for Charity and I'll match for 20K.Yep it's me grand standing again with another charade. So if you are going to post here give money to a charity or close your pipe.

nobody cares

the trap is our venue pussy is on the menu

calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#19 - 2015-12-07 14:09:47 UTC
OP, just dont bother with the wh community. They dont deserve content. Its a good initiative and I'd gladly support it but suggest you limit it to personal invites to friends/corps you know ingame. People on this forum doesnt deserve to take part.
Tim Nering
R3d Fire
#20 - 2015-12-07 18:24:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tim Nering
What the fu.......

Stop Caring Start Fragging! Join R3D Fire Today!

12Next page