These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NPC Buy Order, how it works?

Author
Carbon Dalas
MaccaBank
#1 - 2015-11-22 18:56:42 UTC
Hey,

I am wondering how an NPC buy and sell order works when it is fulfilled.

If an NPC buy order for a trade good is fulfilled, when does the station that made it make a new buy order, or sell order? Instantly, every week or is there some mechanic that determines when?

If you can link me to any other info on trade goods let me know!

Thanks.
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#2 - 2015-11-22 19:39:34 UTC
NPC orders reappear immediately, as far as I know they can't be bought out permanently.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=373077 has some info about NPC trade goods, do confirm the info yourself before diving in head first though.
Carbon Dalas
MaccaBank
#3 - 2015-11-22 20:21:24 UTC
And vise versa, you can sell to one indefinitely?

or does the price offered reduce to the point that would be a loss to sell it the order?
Cista2
EVE Museum
#4 - 2015-11-22 20:31:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cista2
Carbon Dalas wrote:

or does the price offered reduce to the point that would be a loss to sell it the order?

Yes the prices change gradually... they are on a timer somehow. There was a great walkthrough in a deicussion here on MD rcently , try and find it.

here, read this

My channel: "Signatures" -

InterStellar Architect
InterStellar Architects Corporation
#5 - 2015-11-24 17:47:12 UTC  |  Edited by: InterStellar Architect
Cista2 wrote:
Carbon Dalas wrote:

Yes the prices change gradually... they are on a timer somehow. There was a great walkthrough in a deicussion here on MD rcently , try and find it.

here, read this

I would imagine it takes a little bit more time / work than what is described in the link, at least in the current state of the game (especially with the jump fatigue).

Because the Buy / Sell orders are scattered throughout different low-sec systems in ~70k quantities, you need to make multiple jumps just to fill one jump freighter. And let's say if you are immune to ganking and use a Freighter, it would still take much longer than 10 minutes to jump from system to system in a Freighter. Watching a freighter align to warp for an extended period of time is enough to make your eyes bleed.

Unless I'm missing something here.